Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

frost vs nyx

liel123q

Question

I've been farming to get nyx for about 2 weeks now and now i FINALLY have everything i need! 

BUT

i just did the quest of the hidden messages and got mirage. the problem here is that i have 2 slots and mirage is absolutely AWSOME and i have to choose between frost(which occupies the second slot) and nyx

what frame should i choose?

10 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, liel123q said:

I've been farming to get nyx for about 2 weeks now and now i FINALLY have everything i need! 

BUT

i just did the quest of the hidden messages and got mirage. the problem here is that i have 2 slots and mirage is absolutely AWSOME and i have to choose between frost(which occupies the second slot) and nyx

Personally I'd go with Mirage as she's kind of unique. Nyx is ok, but there's a lot in her kit that is done far better by other frames.

ok so maybe i explained myself wrong XD

i meant that im getting mirage and that I'm nor selling frost nor trading my nyx blueprint (with all the components it requires)

and i don't really care about trading right now so just ignore the fact that i can make plat out of nyx 

Frost > Nyx, easily.

She has a rework incoming but TBH, what I've seen / heard of that so far wasn't too impressive,
maybe a few weeks of player feedback (like with Oberon) will finally turn her into a "competitive" Frame,
but until that happens, just go and have fun with Frost, he's a great Frame for lots of different missions.

Mirage just deal damage. She's good at it but that's pretty much it. She's a glass cannon so you need to often use AoE CC based weapons with her. She's good for run through missions where you literally just want to run through holding down the button while everything dies.

Nyx can do any mission well. She can stunlock the entire map literally forever but she lacks damage output. Oberon, Loki and Nyx are currently the only frames in the game who can keep a team or objective safe from Nullifier bubbles. She excels in Defense, Interception or similar where kill speed is not a factor.

Frost abilities are strong lower levels and fall off later levels. At the end Frost relies on the 4 second invulnerability of his shield to protect things. He can strip armor but doing so removes the ability to apply status affects on enemies. He can slow a large area which makes him strong against Infested but he ultimately has no answer to Nullifiers other than sitting in his bubble using snow globe every 4 seconds and throwing his augmented Ice wave in the mix occasionally.

Frost is the weakest frame overall in that list and I'm sure that's gunna trigger some people.

Nyx can easily make it to endgame content if there's no "ability lock" factor. Nyx's reworks may look simple but much much more useful than before. Goddess of Mindbreak !

Frost relies on his Globe and Avalanche to be useful. Due to his problem with skill's range and other abilities' scaling matter, it's hard to run with him in higher level.

--> Pick Nyx, cuz' of female frame 😛

Spoiler

Was hoping for a play on Frost/Nixon :(

Build and level mirage

Sell and claim Nyx (assuming non-prime)

Mirage prime is going to be around for at least another 6 months, but if you want to keep quest frames, disregard my advice as regular Mirage is not able to be obtained again outside of the Marketplace.

8 hours ago, liel123q said:

BUT

And I assume that buying some platinum to buy more slots isn't an option? Because that's the ultimate goal of this game: to collect EVERYthing rather than have to choose between them

Both are good, or rather, both will be good once Nyx gets her armor stripping ability in the rework.  But frost's Avalanche prevents status effects, which is limiting when you get to the high level stuff.  That said, earn some plat and keep all three.  You'd have a CC frame, a damage frame, and a tank.