Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life-of-Clickbait is a Clickbaiter: A Light Discussion on a Warframe Partner

Nez-Kal

Let's start with the bullet points summing up their Clickbaiting behavior, and general Audience Milking:

• They Post their videos with Pure Click Bait titles that DO NOT in any way accurately (or sometimes even vaguely) state what the Video is about.
  • They post Thumbnails with ALL CAPS Click Bait Statements.
  • They always update their Main Page's auto-play video to be their Current/Last posted one, thereby inflating that video's Page-views by folks who just went to his channel and never even clicked the video
  • And they ALWAYS make their Warframe video "Discussions" over 10 minutes long, thus, making it clear and obvious they're just milking their audience for the Youtube 10 Monetization, and not creating actual 10 minute content. (It basically shows they don't care or respect their audience or their audiences time)

At this point I'm surprised they aren't going: "Yo guys! That's right! I got a copy, get this, of Warframe 2, y'all! Warframe 2! And I'm giving it away! Yep! Giving it away to one lucky Viewer, all you gotta do is click that Video Like button and Subscribe! That's right! Just click that Video Like button and Subscribe! Warframe 2, y'all! Warframe 2!"

They're an insightful and friendly individual, but there's a point where you just go too far with this obvious Audience Milking and Clickbaiting. Is DE really okay being associated with such a Youtube posting style? Cause they ARE a Warframe Partner, and I can see why too, but....just, come on. Someone needs to give this character an intervention or something...

(Not entirely sure if talking about a Warframe Partner is the same as talking about an in-game player, and thus, could fall under "Naming and Shaming" rules for complaining about their faults. If it is, please let me know Mods, and possibly delete the post too if that's the case.)

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Edited Title to be less Clickbait, due to a slight case of Hypocrisy

If you don't like him - ignore.

Easy and done.

There are people who don't like pineapplepizza, so there has to be people who enjoy him. What's the matter to you?

I have more problems with Partner who put "for noobs" or similar into their title and die once in a minute with a slowa and advising new player that Redirection is the best mod on any frame

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

8 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

And they ALWAYS make their Warframe video "Discussions" over 10 minutes long, thus, making it clear and obvious they're just milking their audience for the Youtube 10 Monetization, and not creating actual 10 minute content. (It basically shows they don't care or respect their audience or their audiences time)

On this one, I remember watching a video about Destiny about halfway through.

In those five minutes, he mentioned how long jumping took at least three times.

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If you don't like him - ignore.

Easy and done.

Mm. Except Youtube keeps giving me his Community posts even when I tell it not too. Makes it hard to ignore him when I'm scrolling down and suddenly: "OMG" followed by DBZ gif. (And if you wanna see what's so "OMG", gueeeeess what, you gotta click the Discussion and scroll down because that's how it always is with his clickbaiting.)

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

On this one, I remember watching a video about Destiny about halfway through.

In those five minutes, he mentioned how long jumping took at least three times.

I use to watch him quite a bit, as he gives me insight into the "Endurance Run" Community, and brings up some points that I don't ever really think about, until I realized what he was doing. How did I realize? Well, as I was listening to his vid on my car drive home, I actually found myself screaming in pure frustration "JUST GET TO THE ****ING POINT, RIO!!!", and that's when I realized that he just fluffs up all his Discussions with backstories that go nowhere, buttoned up Muscle Shirts, and "wacky" Sound FX, dragging what was only 1 and a half minutes of Warframe Discussion into a 10 minute and 20 second video.

5 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Except Youtube keeps giving me his Community posts even when I tell it not to

Do you follow him? I don't and I haven't gotten a single suggestion of his videos. There are also a lot of other Partner who talk bs and use clickbait like "DE has run out of ideas" or "what does Lotus plan?" I won't name him, people will still know who I mean...but guess what: I know its clickbait and I know there is bs awaiting me, so I just don't click

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I use to watch him quite a bit, as he gives me insight into the "Endurance Run" Community, and brings up some points that I don't ever really think about, until I realized what he was doing. 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 

You're basically complaining about how Youtube works it seems.

The same exact thing will happen with every topic you like to follow and watch videos on. Some videos are going to be great, others relevant, others just click bait, and others can even be ok but you just don't like them for whatever reason.

Best you can do is contact Google somehow ( if that is even possible ) and give them your feedback. This isn't really a Warframe issue, it's a YouTube issue.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

9 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Mm. Except Youtube keeps giving me his Community posts even when I tell it not too. Makes it hard to ignore him when I'm scrolling down and suddenly: "OMG" followed by DBZ gif. (And if you wanna see what's so "OMG", gueeeeess what, you gotta click the Discussion and scroll down because that's how it always is with his clickbaiting.)

You have to click the "triple dot" button on the right side (sometimes it up sometimes it below) on his videos & community posts.

Then select: Not Interested

Then select: Tell Us Why

Then select: I'm not interested in this Channel: (Channel Name)

Thst should fix it till you search or watch one of his videos. Sometimes you gotta do it twice or 3 times.

I've filtered out all of LoR & AGGP that way. Made my life much better without see the constant updates about how bad the game is, how bad DE is, & etc from them.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)lagrue:

Yeah aside from the fact this person is partnered with DE...

So what? Google has to give them a Special treatment and or understand  People are Not interested in said content when they Click "show more" instead of "im not interested"? This is 100% an issue of Google and the viewers. I managed to get every youtuber i dont like out of my feed. To me, this looks more like people watching Rio and then complaining about him on the forums.  Everyone prefers a different style of Video, just dont Watch what you dont like

Edited by Eisdschungel

Just now, Eisdschungel said:

So what? Google has to give them a Special treatment and or understand  People are Not interested in said content when they Click "show more" instead of "im not interested"? This is 100% an issue of Google and the viewers. I managed to get every youtuber i dont like out of my feed. To me, this looks more like people watching Rio and then complaining about hin on the forums.  Everyone prefers a different style of Video, just dont Watch what you dont like

DE should have higher standards for who they partner with.  It reflects poorly on them to partner with clickbaity youtubers, enough said.

13 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

If YouTube keeps recommending his stuff then click on one or two and “dislike” the video. Dislikes greatly discourage future channel recommendations especially if there’s multiple (assuming when you’ve watched his stuff you never “liked” any of it). 

If only the click-bait nonsense started and stopped on YouTube ragarding this partner.

The worst part are all the zealots that repost his videos here, in threads with click-bait titles that lead you to believe you will actually enter and read an interesting discussion. When you actually click the thread you are greeted by a video link and nothing more, or a word-for-word recap of what he says in the video without any actual personal opinions or input from the poster. Sometimes the recap of Rio's words makes you cringe regarding how missinformed the dude actually is about certain things.

17 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

....Because Life-of-Click-Bait is a serious Clickbaiter. Just saying.

• They Post their videos with Pure Click Bait titles that DO NOT in any way accurately (or sometimes even vaguely) state what the Video is about.
  • They post Thumbnails with ALL CAPS Click Bait Statements.
  • They always update their Main Page's auto-play video to be their Current/Last posted one, thereby inflating that video's Page-views by folks who just went to his channel and never even clicked the video
  • And they ALWAYS make their Warframe video "Discussions" over 10 minutes long, thus, making it clear and obvious they're just milking their audience for the Youtube 10 Monetization, and not creating actual 10 minute content. (It basically shows they don't care or respect their audience or their audiences time)

At this point I'm surprised they aren't going: "Yo guys! That's right! I got a copy, get this, of Warframe 2, y'all! Warframe 2! And I'm giving it away! Yep! Giving it away to one lucky Viewer, all you gotta do is click that Video Like button and Subscribe! That's right! Just click that Video Like button and Subscribe! Warframe 2, y'all! Warframe 2!"

They're an insightful and friendly individual, but there's a point where you just go too far with this obvious Audience Milking and Clickbaiting. Is DE really okay being associated with such a Youtube posting style? Cause they ARE a Warframe Partner, and I can see why too, but....just, come on. Someone needs to give this character an intervention or something...

(Not entirely sure if talking about a Warframe Partner is the same as talking about an in-game player, and thus, could fall under "Naming and Shaming" rules for complaining about their faults. If it is, please let me know Mods, and possibly delete the post too if that's the case.)

You never explained the clickbait. Example? I watch his videos sometimes and he just talks about his feelings on the game. It's not like all his videos are 10 minutes. Some are more, some are less. 

This just seems like hating. 

5 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

You never explained the clickbait. Example? I watch his videos sometimes and he just talks about his feelings on the game. It's not like all his videos are 10 minutes. Some are more, some are less. 

This just seems like hating. 

......Are you kidding me? You can take one look at his channel, look through all the examples I provided, and still ask "So where's the Clickbait?".

I truly pity you.

EDIT:
dcs40i9-5e586832-3cc8-4159-9389-dbce5ce8

Mm....Yeah, no...can't see it. I just can't see it in those Titles, or those Thumbnails at all. Nope. Nothing Clickbait-y here.....nope.../s

EDIT 2:
Also, please link me his recent Warframe videos that are less than 10 minutes. Thank you. I'd honestly like to check those Unicorns out, and see what a <10 Minute Life-of-Clickbait video is like.

EDIT 2.5:

Oh hey, they actually do have a few recent ones ranging only to the 7 minute mark or so, about 3 months back. Huh. Guess you were right that those do exist every so often. I admit my wrong in claiming all of their recent Warframe content videos were over 10 minutes long.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Added in some Visual Evidence from their literal Video Folder

Il y a 12 heures, (PS4)Zero_029 a dit :

I've filtered out all of LoR & AGGP that way. Made my life much better without see the constant updates about how bad the game is, how bad DE is, & etc from them.

That is funny cause some time past AGGP was considered the championg of warframe white knights for whom everything was unicorns and rainbows and amazing xD

How times change

6 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

That is funny cause some time past AGGP was considered the championg of warframe white knights for whom everything was unicorns and rainbows and amazing xD

How times change

His burning ceaseless hatred for what is known as the Daily Log-in Rework still continues its unstoppable inferno to this day~