Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life-of-Clickbait is a Clickbaiter: A Light Discussion on a Warframe Partner

Nez-Kal

à l’instant, Tangent-Valley a dit :

His burning ceaseless hatred for what is known as the Daily Log-in Rework still continues its unstoppable inferno to this day~

I know, i only watch some of his content because he's generally on the faster end on publishing videos on new stuff when i can't check it myself (working full day sucks). 

Just now, Autongnosis said:

I know, i only watch some of his content because he's generally on the faster end on publishing videos on new stuff when i can't check it myself (working full day sucks). 

"Rob Reads You Sh*t You Don't Want to Read Yourself" is a godsend for my drive home from work. Lets me know what I got to look forward too. (But Rob, please post a separate video on your feelings about the Titania Razorwing vacuum effect next time, thank you.)

24 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

His burning ceaseless hatred for what is known as the Daily Log-in Rework still continues its unstoppable inferno to this day~

This. He alienated, blasted, & mistreated his audience ever since then.

Been in many dialogues with folks who say that he banned, kicked, and blocked them for disagreeing with him. Even AFTER they listened to his entire viewpoint, followed his reply guidelines, referenced various timestamps & tidbits in his videos & etc.

He's never been the same since from what I hear. Now he seems to resent new players & basically everyone who enjoys and/or benefits from the Log-In rework.

For a guy who is "Anti-Hate" Rob sure is hateful.

Funny how he lectures folks on how wrong they are to act entitled to things..

He needs to look in a mirror. Major hypocrite.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

....Because Life-of-Click-Bait is a serious Clickbaiter. Just saying.

• They Post their videos with Pure Click Bait titles that DO NOT in any way accurately (or sometimes even vaguely) state what the Video is about.
  • They post Thumbnails with ALL CAPS Click Bait Statements.
  • They always update their Main Page's auto-play video to be their Current/Last posted one, thereby inflating that video's Page-views by folks who just went to his channel and never even clicked the video
  • And they ALWAYS make their Warframe video "Discussions" over 10 minutes long, thus, making it clear and obvious they're just milking their audience for the Youtube 10 Monetization, and not creating actual 10 minute content. (It basically shows they don't care or respect their audience or their audiences time)

At this point I'm surprised they aren't going: "Yo guys! That's right! I got a copy, get this, of Warframe 2, y'all! Warframe 2! And I'm giving it away! Yep! Giving it away to one lucky Viewer, all you gotta do is click that Video Like button and Subscribe! That's right! Just click that Video Like button and Subscribe! Warframe 2, y'all! Warframe 2!"

They're an insightful and friendly individual, but there's a point where you just go too far with this obvious Audience Milking and Clickbaiting. Is DE really okay being associated with such a Youtube posting style? Cause they ARE a Warframe Partner, and I can see why too, but....just, come on. Someone needs to give this character an intervention or something...

(Not entirely sure if talking about a Warframe Partner is the same as talking about an in-game player, and thus, could fall under "Naming and Shaming" rules for complaining about their faults. If it is, please let me know Mods, and possibly delete the post too if that's the case.)

the thing is, his Videos are just a Collection of thoughts most of the time and its his right to Talk about what he wants.

He is different than most Partners, who are almost all the same DE worshipers that dont speak their mind.

And he has a job where je works 40h a week, so its always funny when people assume he depends on warframe for a living xD, tbh most of his streams arent even about warframe so...

tldr: dont like him, ignore him.

Have a good day o/

4 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Have a good day o/

They clickbaits ignorant people into clicking on their videos with their tried and true clickbaiting methods (Hoping to retain a few of them with their high viewer "turn-over" rates). They're actively being a Con-artist behind the scenes, and smiling all the while. They. Are. A. ClickBaiter. And. They. Don't. Advertise. Their. Content. For. What. It. Is.

If you feel happy being sold the snake oil, fine. Stay in your happy bubble. But for folks who know this Partners slimy and just lazy ways, they're a serious problem and stain in the Warframe Partner line up.

12 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

He is different than most Partners, who are almost all the same DE worshipers that dont speak their mind.

Yes he is different, but only in delivery, partners like Tactical Potato and MCGamerCZ will show enthusiasm about the game on the whole but will be honest if something feels off, or they're just not feeling it, they'll just convey that in a non aggressive way.

il y a 20 minutes, Tangent-Valley a dit :

They clickbaits ignorant people into clicking on their videos with their tried and true clickbaiting methods (Hoping to retain a few of them with their high viewer "turn-over" rates). They're actively being a Con-artist behind the scenes, and smiling all the while. They. Are. A. ClickBaiter. And. They. Don't. Advertise. Their. Content. For. What. It. Is.

If you feel happy being sold the snake oil, fine. Stay in your happy bubble. But for folks who know this Partners slimy and just lazy ways, they're a serious problem and stain in the Warframe Partner line up.

Well this is pretty much borderline name and shaming.

By all mean, if you dislike his ways of doing thing or feel like he hurts DE's reputation, you're welcome to form a community complaint and explain to them why you believe he should be removed from the program.

But a forum post ranting about his video style, calling him an abusive con-artist is pretty darn close to the limit of shaming.

The all cap titles, 10 minutes discussion (good or bad ones) and auto-play updates arguments aren't really doing anything to be honest.
That sounds more like your personal taste conflicting with his style, and to that I could answer "Block him, ain't no issue here".

However, if he is abusive to the community as someone else suggested, and you can bring proof to the table then do share this with DE, not us.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

3 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

didnt he say if the log in system came in the way it did the version he didnt like he would jsut remove everything warframe and leave it 
well it happened and he hasnt explained himself since it hasnt changed since the day it was shown of dev workshop actually no i remember when he was reading the update on it all he said is you know how i feel and ten skipped over it (TBH still pissed at him for comparing a games log in reward system to Marriage probably not going to stop that fire too) 

so either he back peddled his word some where or is just going and hoping people didn't point it out and is just continuing like nothing happened

unless ive missed a whole memo some where then please someone point it out to me 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This. He alienated, blasted, & mistreated his audience ever since then.

Been in many dialogues with folks who say that he banned, kicked, and blocked them for disagreeing with him. Even AFTER they listened to his entire viewpoint, followed his reply guidelines, referenced various timestamps & tidbits in his videos & etc.

He's never been the same since from what I hear. Now he seems to resent new players & basically everyone who enjoys and/or benefits from the Log-In rework.

For a guy who is "Anti-Hate" Rob sure is hateful.

Funny how he lectures folks on how wrong they are to act entitled to things..

He needs to look in a mirror. Major hypocrite.

edit/adding since ive come to page 2 

yeah you gotta know there is a problem when a person spends a hour (correction 2 hours) long video 1 hourish of it being the actual topic with a thumbnail saying if i recall "your wrong period" (i remember watching the whole thing) then saying this and im quoting him from his pinned comments "I'll EASILY be able to tell between people who have and haven't listened through my arguments on this. Feel free to address them, but if you speak WITHOUT hearing me out.. PERMA BAN." then when someone questions can you even ban someone from the channel "LOL it's called a MUTE. They can type all they want and even submit that S#&$.. but it wont go anywhere. It won't show up and no one will see it.. LOL but they get to waste their breaths typing."

i have no problem with people moderating there comments section but his attitude about seemed almost idk overly happy like he was getting a giggle out banning people who he felt didn't hear him out felt very control freaky 

Now i did make a comment on his video about it and ill put it in the spoiler for those willing to read there is swear words in it but nothing too harsh just the F mostly from quoting rob now and again 

hmm i can just smell the warning point coming TBH for doing this 

Spoiler

Are you sure? well here is the video if you want to see what rob is saying to what im responding to

Spoiler

oh thank you for the time stamps so now i can keep track of were i am

6:25 "idk if i can fault them but im gunna" this already makes me not want to listen since your going apply a hammer to a knife situation rob and just stirring the pot more

25:19 pretty sure if you acted that way to that person you would be fired from your job and probably lose the car in the process 5 years is over exaggeration it be more on the lines of 2.7 years 1000/365= 2.73

26:14 Marriage argument seems hyperbolic to me since marriage is a big deal to me and im little offended that you compare marriage of people you love to logging into a video game and getting a digital present for making a counter go up to a number dont even need to play just open it and close it

31:21 if your schedule is tight takes like a minute or less so if your at home going to bed or waking up turn on the computer while your showering log in while your getting dressed close it when you get your pants on not that hard i go to school from 6 am to 1pm or later and i do it from experience its no harder then breathing rob just cuz you had trouble doesn't mean everyone does

37:18 it would still take them the same amount of time to aquire everything you have rob all that changes is players get a choice in what they want and have you considered at day 1000 the first evergreen award is the armor so your argument of getting the lode star armor at day 100 kinda falls down since you and i dont know the answer since from the chart its sigil WEAPON sigil mod im pretty sure armor isnt a weapon rob unless fashion alone can kill grineer

38:30 kthxbai

41:43 if thats your only proof then its blurry asf since you picked one out of how many people and saying this is proof ALL new players are entitled #*!% heads as far as im concerned you just cherry picked that one person to support your argument get some more evidence then ill take you seriously as far as i can see you proved ONE player is entitled #*!% head not all of them

43:44 Login 1.0 if you missed a day put you back to 0 anyway so yeah unless you logged in every day to keep the counter going all the 2.0 system did was make you miss a day and start over from 0 like usual

44:15 good you corrected yourself i was about to say its a possibility not a confirmation

44:44 what if some of those "potshots" are valid counter arguments are they not intelligent or are they as dumb as entitled player evidence? you think of that or you just gonna blanket them all under the rug ?

46:41 isnt it also entitlement to want weapons and missions gears only towards mr 20-25 aka the "vets" because hunny that number 25 means jack all it says to other people is i leveled more stuff then you thats it. Its not a skill gauge it might be for you but ive seen mr 10's out do mr 20s the only thing that little number says to me is "i've used more stuff then you i can still be a incompetent noob "

47:21 and de said raids will come back so you might get your bloody endgame if veteran is the buzz word for new players endgame is the buzzword for vets both annoy me abit im starting to just see you being angry you cant be special and stand out over everyone else

52:10 but you just said there is no end game so why would you say you dont need something for end game when you earlier said there isnt any end game to speak of?

53:44 QT on limbo prime with primed it lets me be aggressive and not die while looking like a witch hunter

1:04:52 GET A GLASS FOR THAT GAAAH as a chef this angers me

1:07:50 lemme get xyz and move on is how i see the log in reward system granted i do say thank you when i hit a mile stone because i know they didnt have to do this in the first place all this does is say you have a choice at one of these 3 gifts its still a present you just get to pick what one you want its still a fair system to me but to each is there own opinion and if somehow the lodestar armor is for some reason in the 100 day milestone when it should be weapons ill eat my favorite hat

1:10:19 you know the rifle mans creed? "there are many like it but this one is mine" your zeni holds more worth to you then someone else zeni i apply the same to my lato vandal i got it from being in the beta am i mad people have it no its not mine idc what billy does with his lato vandal or that he has one its not mine mine to me holds more worth then those stupid 6k plat rivens in the market even if i haven't used it alot and should probably finish leveling it since im lazy maybe de is trying to make it fair for everyone and your not helping stirring the pot of angry people? just my thoughts

1:13:21 maybe hard giving you no invite to next tennocon idk im not de its up to how they think on your behavior i can see you just trying to do good by vets but maybe not the best way of doing it but your trying from what it seems just maybe be abit more civil idk maybe im asking something impossible but i prefer civil conversation then just one end of a computer screen shouting at another who cant shout back with out being barraged by similar opinions i prefer one on one discussions being a introvert

1:16:39 no i cant see you getting in trouble for what you are saying but maybe your behavior and how you said it if that makes sense idk if it does

ill wacth the rest but i think i covered all i needed to cover idk if rob will read this but if he does go ahead and mute me if you dont like it idc

Edited by seprent
time stamps not fully separated for clearer reading x3 times

3 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

do what you want 🙂 if it gives you a feeling of accomplishment, thats good 😄

3 hours ago, Tyanya said:

Yes he is different, but only in delivery, partners like Tactical Potato and MCGamerCZ will show enthusiasm about the game on the whole but will be honest if something feels off, or they're just not feeling it, they'll just convey that in a non aggressive way.

tbh I enjoy his ranting, its entertaining to me and he even has some good suggestions on the problems this game has 🙂

5 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

......Are you kidding me? You can take one look at his channel, look through all the examples I provided, and still ask "So where's the Clickbait?".

I truly pity you.

EDIT:
dcs40i9-5e586832-3cc8-4159-9389-dbce5ce8

Mm....Yeah, no...can't see it. I just can't see it in those Titles, or those Thumbnails at all. Nope. Nothing Clickbait-y here.....nope.../s

EDIT 2:
Also, please link me his recent Warframe videos that are less than 10 minutes. Thank you. I'd honestly like to check those Unicorns out, and see what a <10 Minute Life-of-Clickbait video is like.

EDIT 2.5:

Oh hey, they actually do have a few recent ones ranging only to the 7 minute mark or so, about 3 months back. Huh. Guess you were right that those do exist every so often. I admit my wrong in claiming all of their recent Warframe content videos were over 10 minutes long.

Yeah, that's not what I consider to be "clickbait", or anything I would care about. If the titles were misleading, I would understand your point, but he literally talks about what's in the titles. There's a reason why his like/dislike ratio is really good. He has entertaining content and he's not lying or misleading anybody. There are people out there who get a ton of hate for actual clickbait. They're liars so people don't like them. Rio isn't doing any of that. 

If you don't like him, fine. It's just weird to make a thread telling us about a youtuber you don't like tho. 

Oh yeah...

1. Rolling Guard is GODLY
  2. It's true that DE caters more to newer players
  3. Players did ask for Fortuna Nerfs
  4. Some of those Riven disposition changes are some weird nerfs

What's the problem?

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

1 minute ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Yeah, that's not what I consider to be "clickbait", or anything I would care about.

Cool. But your personal opinion doesn't change what "Clickbait" is by definition and the fact that this clearly falls under it.

2 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

If the titles were misleading, I would understand your point, but he literally talks about what's in the titles.

You cannot tell me what the Video "Very Weird Nerfs" is about, precisely, simply by reading the title. The title implies there are "Nerfs", but you don't know what these "Nerfs" are, what part of the game they're implemented in, or if they're in fact "Nerfs" at all.

It's literally Clickbaiting you by claiming "Whaaaaah? Nerfs? Don't you wanna see what these Nerfs are? What they are about? If they might affect you as a player? Don't ye? Don't ye?!"
The Answer is: "Riven Disposition Changes". That's what the video is about. It can be called "Nerfs" by some, or, as Life-of-Clickbait put it, "WEAPON NERFS", implying a Weapon and its possible Riven stats w/ Disposition amounts are one and the same (And I guess, thusly the Weapon must be judge on its whole by including said possible Riven stats, and by that logic, Balanced by DE including those Rivens for the weapon), but that's an entirely different discussion altogether.

Alternate Titles Clickbaiter there could have used, and still drawn attention: "Sudden Riven Nerfs?!", "DE brings the Nerf Hammer on Rivens", "Dispositions down the drain: Riven Nerfs", "Riven Nerfs?! But Why?!" (All of these are slightly Clickbaiting in nature, given the very notion of the Power-creep Rivens bring into the game, and the fear Players have over Nerfs of such items, but at least these EXPLAIN partly what the video is about, and give you an idea what to expect before you click.

Are you getting my point here on how this Partner operates yet?

14 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

There's a reason why his like/dislike ratio is really good.

(I don't know about others, but I refuse to Dislike an individuals video purely on my disagreements with the Individual themselves. That vid has got to EARN that Dislike from me.....but I'm getting a little off topic.)

16 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

He has entertaining content and he's not lying or misleading anybody. There are people out there who get a ton of hate for actual clickbait. They're liars so people don't like them. Rio isn't doing any of that. 

If you don't like him, fine. It's just weird to make a thread telling us about a youtuber you don't like tho. 

I could nitpick small parts of this last bit (Again, like how he was claiming Riven Disposition drops were literal "Nerfs" on the entire weapon, again, like the two were inseparable pieces in the game), but I'm going to move onto my final point.

They have potential, and they have skill and mind to back it up. They have good insight, and they can be entertaining (WHEN THEY GET TO THE POINT!!!).
But they're slowly throwing that away. Doing Daily Discussions that are slowly dissolving more and more, containing less actual content day after day. Most of their posts now just seem to be arbitrary complaining, but to their credit, I don't just want to hear about the things they like and enjoy, but the things they dislike too and WHY they dislike it. They "Keep it Real", or at least, they give a strong enough illusion that they do...
...But then they squander that talent. It's like watching a prized Surgeon going out and selling snake-oil on the street to unwary masses. Why?! They're so much better than this behavior, and yet, they seem to just be going for the easy riches, treating their audience as nothing more than Cows to be milked, with no real Respect for their Time or Intelligence. They give fake little "Fluffs" through-out to keep those Cows happy, but in the end, that's all their Audience is too them. Cows to be Milked for the Youtube Ad Revenue and Monetization. That's the framework their Channel literally screams, and I've had enough of them treating the very folks who hold them up this way, and so, I'm Calling Them Out, and I'm Keeping it Real for them.

29 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Oh yeah...

1. Rolling Guard is GODLY
  2. It's true that DE caters more to newer players
  3. Players did ask for Fortuna Nerfs
  4. Some of those Riven disposition changes are some weird nerfs 

What's the problem?

............You.....didn't even notice how you had to literally spell out what those Titles were about, because the Titles themselves didn't tell you? Really? You really haven't caught on to that?

@seprent

I can't answer if he's changed his tune or not. Or if he's still Warframe.

Myself, my coworkers, my classmates, my Clan, my old Clan, & all of my in-game Warframe friends have all blocked all his content in protest of him & his toxic behavior. (Maybe a total of 100+ people unsubbed &/or block/avoid his content. So nothing he'll "feel".)

Essentially he was asking for a debate so that he could silence the side that doesn't agree with him. Then he'd act like his entire audience is on his side. It's a pretty trick & its shallow.

Basically he was trying to create a false narrative by censorship.

He is no game designer, he is no marketing genius either. Had DE listened to many of Rob's ideas, & Rio's Idea.

This community would NOT be booming & this game would be an inaccessible mess or (in Rio's case) a game only for those who like to play games like a second job. So Warframe would not have a diverse community ranging from casual to hardcore, solo to cooperative, etc.

That's far from healthy for a game. One thing none of them understand is that as a game persist past certain milestones things need to change to keep it in the race.

Everquest 1 under went changes at these same milestones. Everquest 1 STILL exists today, does the game ask you to dedicate over a decade of your life just to catch up? No.

Does the game cater to those who played over a decade ago? No. It caters to various audiences.

Same can be said about WoW.

That said. Warning points or not. I hope you feel better have vented that frustration. And who knows maybe DE will re-evaluate its relationship with Rob.

I don't know. I know I wouldn't want him tied to my game at this point. But I also know enough about marketing to know that if he has a large enough audience he may serve some use from a advertisement standpoint.

Woah...looking at things from both perspectives. I'm a heinous criminal to AGGP now.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

5 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Yes and?

I hate to defend this guys, Because i actually don't like one of them personally a fair bit, and have no idea what the others content is actually like, but that's their preogative. It's 100% A-OK acceptable for them to clickbait the absolute S#&amp;&#036; out of their content, for the express reason for getting hits on their channel and nothing else. There just isn't anything to discuss because it isn't a problem because they promote their content in a normal modern mode of internet advertising, ie clickbait is a big part of that. Might as well go be annoyed at catchy jingles from TV adds, or bombastic headlines on front pages used to sell news papers.

35 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

It's 100% A-OK acceptable for them to clickbait the absolute S#&amp;&#036; out of their content

But it's absolutely not though.

As soon as we become okay with it, everyone will do it, and that's a sad state of affairs. No one in their right mind wants to need to click on a video to learn what it's about and whether they actually want to watch it in the first place. That's what the title is for.

In point of fact, it's very much against Youtube's own rules, making it 100% not A-OK for them to clickbait the absolute S#&amp;&#036; out of their content.

289al9d.png

Honestly, it bothers me that this even needs to be explained.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Cool. But your personal opinion doesn't change what "Clickbait" is by definition and the fact that this clearly falls under it.

This is the last thing I'll say, because I think I figured out your problem. You just think clickbait is innately wrong because it can be defined as "clickbait". That's not how it works.

People started hating clickbait when youtubers started flat out lying about the content in the video. For example, they might show a thumbnail that has nothing to do with their video. Nobody likes that. The problem is people who lack the ability to think critically started calling anything that didn't "precisely and simply" describe a video "clickbait" and then act like it's a problem or a new thing. There's a huge difference between "clickbait" and "hyperbolic clickbait"/"misleading clickbait" etc. Headlines are suppose to draw you in without being too wordy. His titles do that. They don't lie or mislead tho, so you should learn to be more savvy instead of just complaining about the reality of naming videos in a creative way to draw in viewers. 

If you play Warframe, there are enough details in his titles for you to click and enjoy. A very small amount people are like you. You need extremely precise(boring) titles, and that's just not how headlines or youtube video titles work. Youtubers didn't invent headlines. Anyways, you need to chill. Why are you even talking about content you don't like? You just want to be negative? I'm actually getting upset because Rio is such a positive youtuber and you just want to hate. That's such a bummer since we're all a part of the same community, but he's such a nice guy and you're literally the opposite. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

15 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

But it's absolutely not though.

As soon as we become okay with it, everyone will do it, and that's a sad state of affairs. No one in their right mind wants to need to click on a video to learn what it's about and whether they actually want to watch it in the first place. That's what the title is for.

In point of fact, it's very much against Youtube's own rules, making it 100% not A-OK for them to clickbait the absolute S#&amp;&#036; out of their content. 

289al9d.png

Honestly, it bothers me that this even needs to be explained.

Let me know when that applies to clickbait or the reality of youtube and I'll agree with you.

7 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Sounds like the ignorant persons fault, not his. If this ignorant person wasn't so ignorant, there wouldn't be a problem.

Seriously, where are the mods? Why is this thread still up? Even names are being said and its still up? Totally unacceptable.