Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe jewellery, want some? (Page 2)

Rohice

On 2019-01-24 at 6:59 PM, Autongnosis said:

Wow man they came out incredible, good job! 

Thank you 🙂 

The good news is that I've sold a few, the bad news is that I've run out of white and purple and also materials lol So I've ordered some new metal, should be here within the week.. the rest of the money I'm putting aside for new clothes.. starting a new job in march and I could use a few new shirts for that.

I've tried my hand at a new mix of white after someone suggested a primed white version. I've mixed white acrylic paint, white pearl and metallic gold to create a nice offwhite, kindof a magical eggshell if you will 😛 

I'll post pictures when it's dry.

I have read the whole thread. The pendants are stunning. Love all of them, all the colors 😍

Also, wooden coasters would be totally nuts. Would bring mine to every pub I go to.

And you have earned my first post in the forums, huge deal 😂

Just ordered the purple one...but I am sure I will order more, when my wife sees it.

Edited by PoutnikSantiago

23 hours ago, PoutnikSantiago said:

I have read the whole thread. The pendants are stunning. Love all of them, all the colors 😍

Also, wooden coasters would be totally nuts. Would bring mine to every pub I go to.

And you have earned my first post in the forums, huge deal 😂

Just ordered the purple one...but I am sure I will order more, when my wife sees it.

Thank you 🙂 I just put together your chain.. Everytime I handle one of them I'm amazed at how nice and shiny they came out. I just love making shiny things.

Wooden coasters might be an option down the line when I upgraded my tooling. I'm having my eye on an industrial grade multitool/flexshaft, which should cut the time of making inlays down by 60% when compared to using only handtools. 

But before that all proceeds will goto buying me a few new shirts.. and maybe a pair of pants 😛 

ps
 I should have another set of pendants finished by the middle of the month, this time I'm thinking of adding a few more colors. More fruity and some pastel-y since that seems to be what ppl like. If anyone would like a specific color.. now's the time

On 2019-02-02 at 2:34 PM, Rohice said:

Thank you 🙂 I just put together your chain.. Everytime I handle one of them I'm amazed at how nice and shiny they came out. I just love making shiny things.

Nice. Can't wait to see it. Hope more people buy these, so you can expand your tools...and also eat, right 🙂

On 2019-02-04 at 4:32 PM, PoutnikSantiago said:

Nice. Can't wait to see it. Hope more people buy these, so you can expand your tools...and also eat, right 🙂

I hope so too 😊

Do let me know how your wife likes it when it arrives 

Right now I'm watching the new red version dry:
IMG-20190210-124922737.jpg
it's a more warframe-y color aswell as a nicer effect. 

I'm also making some gold ones.. and while doing so I think I noticed something. 
IMG-20190210-124703321.jpg
I accidentally used 23 instead of 10% dye (0.6 vs 0.8g) and it completely occluded the effect.. So my theory is that I don't need to color the chips themselves. I could get visually close enough by using a neural white/silver pigment at a low ratio. So it will throw some photons back immediately, giving a lighter tone in the middle.. might be cloudy, can't say from theory. And then it bounces a few back who's wavelengths have changed; making it colored on the back. Soooo if I can find the balance to make it not too cloudy to block many incomings but cloudy enough to capture a lot of outgoing photons it should look like a semi opaque colored chip once coated clear.. At least that's the hypothesis. I've already pored a sample set of clear, semi and cloudy for testing. We'll know in two days.

Hmm, what I've got so far looks promising but that might quickly change once the clear coat goes over it, fingers crossed
IMG-20190211-144059732.jpg

I've also ordered some imitation gold-leaf to see if the materials can be incorporated into this workflow. Once these two variables are nailed down I'm gonna look into 3d printing the tenno-school chips. This time i'm gonna pay better attention to where I put them tho.. I swear that lotus master-chip has to be around here somewhere but it's so small 😱

Today I've got something really neat to show off, the leaf metal. So far it's exceeding my expectations:

IMG-20190213-111819354.jpg

So I took 4 lotus chips from my latest test batch (trying to dial in the saturation for the new fabrication workflow)
IMG-20190214-172919210.jpg

Added some special glue to them
IMG-20190214-180241805.jpg

Added a little sheet of this flake-y metal
IMG-20190214-180424541.jpg

Brushed it off
IMG-20190214-203957497-BURST000-COVER-TO
and viola, I had something quite neat. 

It does require more time and more steps but the result is so worth it. These chips were made with my first set of molds. Which were made off a chip that had a rough surfaceFinish on the lotus symbol. So it's always gonna look a bit rough. But this last batch destroyed my molds (kinda dried out the silicone and warped it beyond usable) so i'm gonna make a new set of molds but this time I'm gonna sand down the top of the lotus symbol. 
That'll allow me to burnish the gold once it's on the new, perfectly flat chips and make it look pretty damn awesome.

This kinda reminds me of church stuff, all shiny and whatnot. That's literally where I last saw this much mirror-polished gold lol. Suppose I'll call these orokin themed then 😛 
lol "The prime pendants"

Now all I have to figure out is the right amount of pigment to not cloud the chips as much as these ones and then there's the bubbles.. *sigh* I have to bin so many chips because of bubbles it's ridiculous. I've seen someone build a little vacuum chamber with a cooking pot a hose and a fridge compressor, might be worth checking out..

Making me want to do crafty stuff again, stahp.

This is wonderful work btw.  If DE is ok with it, how much would you charge for any of these, or would you be doing it by commission? 

Also, mind if I drop a link to this thread on my profile?

Edited by MagPrime

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Making me want to do crafty stuff again, stahp.

This is wonderful work btw.  If DE is ok with it, how much would you charge for any of these, or would you be doing it by commission? 

Also, mind if I drop a link to this thread on my profile?

More crafts \ö/
Theres also people making cosPlays, minis, irl plushies.. it's great!

Thank you 🙂 I'm "giving them away" for 14 bucks, that covers my materials and a percentage for experimenting. You can have any of the ones I already made.. I can also make your a custom colored one. Theoretically I can do any color. 

I am currently in the process of preparing to make new molds. That means I've polished part of the lotus master-chip (the one I'm using to make the molds)
IMG-20190215-151541261.jpg

I only polished the outside, the "sentient" part, while trying to keep the inside matte for symbolic reasons. Previously all the surfaces had the same matte finish, resulting in rough molds which bore rough surfaces. While I was using a liquid (enamel paint) to simulate gold that was not a problem but when using actual, thin metal the resulting surfaceFinish was matte. 
The smooth surface, the new molds will create, will allow me to burnish (polish to a mirror finish with another piece of polished metal) the outer gold part.

So once I honed these two aspects of the new workflow I should be able to reach a higher quality. Then the only and last thing will be to eliminate the bubbles that destroy like 60+% of the chips I pour and I'll have perfected this process. I have mixed feelings about that, it's like ending a good book.

Sure, I'd love more eyes. 

5 hours ago, Rohice said:

More crafts \ö/
Theres also people making cosPlays, minis, irl plushies.. it's great!

Thank you 🙂 I'm "giving them away" for 14 bucks, that covers my materials and a percentage for experimenting. You can have any of the ones I already made.. I can also make your a custom colored one. Theoretically I can do any color. 

I am currently in the process of preparing to make new molds. That means I've polished part of the lotus master-chip (the one I'm using to make the molds)
IMG-20190215-151541261.jpg

I only polished the outside, the "sentient" part, while trying to keep the inside matte for symbolic reasons. Previously all the surfaces had the same matte finish, resulting in rough molds which bore rough surfaces. While I was using a liquid (enamel paint) to simulate gold that was not a problem but when using actual, thin metal the resulting surfaceFinish was matte. 
The smooth surface, the new molds will create, will allow me to burnish (polish to a mirror finish with another piece of polished metal) the outer gold part.

So once I honed these two aspects of the new workflow I should be able to reach a higher quality. Then the only and last thing will be to eliminate the bubbles that destroy like 60+% of the chips I pour and I'll have perfected this process. I have mixed feelings about that, it's like ending a good book.

Sure, I'd love more eyes. 

How about taking on students? xD

I'll have to look your items over again, see if anything strikes my fancy hard enough. 

5 hours ago, evilChair said:

OP, your stuff is amazing, and if I had the money (and if DE would be cool with it) I'd commission a forma keychain/key fob from you.

Thank you 🙂 Can you imagine a gold-plated forma?! omg that would be such overkill, it'd be amazing; I'd hang it in my hallway and use it to blind burglars HAH!

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

How about taking on students? xD

I'll have to look your items over again, see if anything strikes my fancy hard enough. 

Is there anything specific you'd like to learn?

Here are the new molds, filled with what will hopefully be the new standard. Since it's not opaque I can see and :clem: the bubbles plus I can paint the back to color the chips.
IMG-20190215-211511885.jpg
Tomorrow by this time I'll be able to de-mold them and see if my theories pan out.

I'm also testing if the adhesive I used for the leaf can withstand the resin or if it'll dissolve (I use super slow curing resin so that's quite a concern)
IMG-20190215-211644453.jpg

stay tuned, this is the exciting part 😄 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TranscendedLoliLover said:

Might I ask, how resilient is the hang-y part (or, well, the flux-welding of it, if that's what it's called) of the lotus lenses? I'd like to attach one to my keychain, so before I try, I'd appreciate knowing if that idea is completely hopeless.

Oh, for a keychain the "ears" are a bit too dainty. I'm afraid they wouldn't last long

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful selling stuff. Esp since its unlicensed material. They could possibly sue if you did. Youd likely need permission and a contract to pay them for the right to use their copyrighted materials. 

Though, i wonder why they allow people to commission off fanart projects. 

I mean, a warframe is still a warframe no matter how you slice it. 

What i would suggest is if you do go about taking orders and selling the stuff, keep it as far away from the forums twitter and instagram as you possibly can.  

@[DE]Rebecca

Edited by PookieNumnums