Usage stats, how do they work?

Olphalarepth

Hi, I was checking stuff on profile and my eye was caught by the usage stats of frames and weapons.How are they counted? is it time or something?

I bring a few examples:

Arca Plasmor used 5%                      Soma Prime used 8.7%

XP: 42.072.932                                 XP: 7.417.579

Kills: 23.759                                      Kills:  2.712

This might be consistent since I recall using Soma Prime more (a little bit at least) than Arca Plasmor but then I looked at

Exacalibur (vanilla, not prime or umbra) used 17,6%                                                         Ivara used 9.9%

XP: 29.394.912                                                                                                                  XP: 95.887.352

Kills: 17.094                                                                                                                       Kills: 1.139

I used Ivara as xp farming frame but I'm sure I used her A LOT more than excalibur and killed way over barely a thousand enemies. As a matter of fact once I got a second frame I barely touched Excalibur anymore and my playtime as Ivara should far exceed the time I spent as Excalibur. Are the stats reliable or is there some other hidden parameter to calculate percentage of use? The one i presented is a mere example but there are other frames and weapons (especially weapons) that I'm not sure about.

EDIT

Volt Prime (second frame aquired) 7,8%

XP: 238.925.344

Kills: 191.744 (I think I killed way more than this and assist combined but whatever, who counts them anyway)

Assists: 114.080

And I'm sure I even used him way more than Excalibur and Ivara combined. Right now vanilla Excalibur is stuck as my most used frame and has been there since the very beginning despite the fact that he is among my least used ones (I think I last used like almost a year ago). I gotta assume stats are not calculated properly

Edited by Olphalarepth

21 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

They don't.

^

The entire statistic is invalidated since it's counted different things at different times.

A tenth of my overall kills is with the Iron Staff alone, 180,000 kills out of 1,800,000 (or close to that anyway). That's not even counting how many kills I have with normal weapons whilst using Wukong.

Yet my usage % is less than 10%...

11 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Weapon usage is tied solely to the amount of time you've spent in-mission with that weapon in your loadout.

I have to agree with this. Doing this is the exact way I managed to change the most used weapons that show in my profile.

29 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Weapon usage is tied solely to the amount of time you've spent in-mission with that weapon in your loadout.

So weapon usage and frame usage are calculated differently?

If we take time into account excalibur should not even be in my top 10. Hell, maybe my Atlas has been more active than him...

10 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

So weapon usage and frame usage are calculated differently?

Yes. 

If we take time into account excalibur should not even be in my top 10. Hell, maybe my Atlas has been more active than him...

It kinda goes by total time used in missions when looking at your overall total play time.  

This is why my Ivara usage will stay above 84% because at 1500 hours it will take a very long time for me to have another frame even close to the same amount of hours used to even drop her percentage down. This is also why my other frames are mostly stuck at percentages of below 5%even though they may have over 100 hours play time.

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

Ohhhh, this is interesting. Thanks for the tip

I take it in order to change things I either need to spend a LOT of time with another frame or simply leave it stand by. Stats are really useless gameplay wise but seeing Excalibur still being my most used frame when I actually barely touched him (I think I did not even invest a single forma on him)....mmmm. Oh well.

You're using a warframe even if you do nothing but sit in a corner of PoE near the doors. So Excalibur or most started frames will forever stay in your stats as the most used. So will your first strong weapons. 

Thats why weapon usage is a pile of **** of a stat and thats why I now use fodder weapons whenever I dont actually productive but farm argon and stuff.

Ohhhh, this is interesting. Thanks for the tip

I take it in order to change things I either need to spend a LOT of time with another frame or simply leave it stand by. Stats are really useless gameplay wise but seeing Excalibur still being my most used frame when I actually barely touched him (I think I did not even invest a single forma on him)....mmmm. Oh well.

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean.

cUbXdUm.png

Second embed in the spoiler incase Imgur is still borked.

Spoiler

2i109eg.png

10 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I've heard it's based on mastery points earned while that item is equipped, though I don't know if it's true. 

I can confirm that this isn't true.  Because I was able to get Venka Prime, Mag Prime, and Daikyu usage to rise on my profile just by using them a lot more in missions.  

edit: Although the one that DeMonkey is experiencing seems weird without knowing the full details. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

Stats are definitely wrong, although I cannot say how exactly. They seem to favor the frames and items players used when playing the game in its earlier stages or they have an increased weight for missions recorded years ago, while the system records such stats in a different way now. But I don't really know. My most used frame is regular Frost according to the stats, which is absolutely not true in any way. Even if it was, the percentage shown is way, way off. Seems to me like it's falling with a very low rate like somehow the missions in which I used him in the (distant) past carried more weight in this statistic.

I imagine that if you swap frames a lot, then it would take quite a bit of work to change the order of most used frame/item/etc.  Since I tend to use one frame and set of weapons almost excusively, all of my other frames tend to stay all at close to the same percentage.  Making it somewhat easier for me to at least change the order of my second/third most used item as well as see the changes in the profile stats.  

At least that's how it's been for me.  I can't say that I have the typical Warframe usage as I'm a diehard main.   

47 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean.

cUbXdUm.png

Second embed in the spoiler incase Imgur is still borked.

Reveal hidden contents

2i109eg.png

That is some extreme monkey love right there XD

I really like it when the love for a frame or weapon shows through the unbelievable amount of exp and kills. Maybe in a distant future DE will invest some time to fix this stuff. Also the eidolon count is broken since it lists 32 teralysts kills, not capture, kills. I reckon I didn't even seen them die 10 times but the game is pretty sure I have killed 32 teralysts. 32 bloody teralysts killed. Maybe Excalibur went sentient  and sneaking behind my back to kill stuff on its own at this point...Meh

18 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I decided now that posting images is working again to post my old profile stats (year ago) and one from just a few minutes ago.

YOV2qsG.jpg

few minutes ago below.

Zt90c06.jpg

Doesn't appear to be working, which picture of mine worked? First one or the one in the spoiler?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

My Nekros prime usage stats skyrocket when I used him for Bite mod farming on Cervantes so I used to think is tie to the number of mission you start with the frame.

On the opposite my usage of Gara and Khora don't move so much because I only do long mission with them.

Even by those terms my excalibur (I'm getting sick even of writing his name) should not be the most used, I have frames with more playtime, missions played, kills and xp farmed and he is still at the top. I call shenanigans

Stats are broken, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Doesn't appear to be working, which picture of mine worked? First one or the one in the spoiler?

The one in the spoiler worked just fine but I have my own workaround for imgur stuff (doesn't work for everyone)

Edited by Olphalarepth

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I used the imgur direct link for pictures and original gif link for moving gifs.  It didn't work earlier today for me until right recently.  

il y a 49 minutes, Olphalarepth a dit :

Even by those terms my excalibur (I'm getting sick even of writing his name) should not be the most used, I have frames with more playtime, missions played, kills and xp farmed and he is still at the top. I call shenanigans

Stats are broken, plain and simple.

The one in the spoiler worked just fine but I have my own workaround for imgur stuff (doesn't work for everyone)

I looked back at it and now it's Khora even if I use her less. 😮

the system is duck up.