Vauban Rework Suggestions.

(PSN)Shatter02

I just wanted to throw out some suggestions out there for Vauban to make him more appealing. Feel free to critic.

1. D.A.R.T.S: Replace Tesla with the D.A.R.T.S (Dynamic Autonomous Recoiless Turrent System). A self thinking turrent capable of feeling foes from range. Uses sentinel mods to determine stats and damage type.

2. Propaganda: Deploy this morale affecting kit to buff yourself and allies while debuffing enemies within range. Buff and Rebuff based on mods. Also applies to D.A.R.T.S

3. Bastille: Keep Bastille but instead of an energy field make it castable on allies and any damage taken will reflect it back at enemies. Amount reflected is based on mods.

4. Overclock: Unlock Vauban's true potential by sacrificing shields and sustaining heat damage to dramaticly increase weapon and D.A.R.T.S performance. The longer you overclock the more you benefit.

Passive: Sapper: Any damage dealt by D.A.R.T.S is converted into armor for Vauban.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

I personally like the idea of darts that let you stick his stuff into walls instead of having all his balls on the floor. btw it's "turrets" not turrents.

As for the Bastille reflector, I think it could potentially be intrusive and you may want to make that an activatable pick up. The random rifts that Limbo leaves aren't that much trouble but even I kind of get annoyed with having to roll all the time if I have Limbo in the Squad who likes to weave a lot. People who want energy from rage and hunter adrenaline may not want this on, and an effect that doesn't consistently reflect or protect against bullets like Mesa's Shatter Shield may not be enough to protect Vauban while he's using your suggested 4 or before his armor ramps up from the passive. I'm sure you could tune numbers to make it work though. It sounds more like a whole new warframe and not really Vauban to me though. Overall I think that it sounds fun. The 1 could have interesting enhancement mods to give it effects like the Borderlands Soldier or Commando

I would prefer to think of a way to maintain his Vortex and Bastille to current function, but possibly with greater base range.

My main issue with Vauban as he stands is his inherent squishiness. It used to be that Trinity's 95% damage reduction and energy were a great boon to his massive amount of crowd control. If he can get some tools that address that by himself, then it'd be great. A natural armor amount similar to that of Frost so that he can engage a scenario long enough to land his crowd control.

Now that I think about it, let Vauban charge his current Bastille and Vortex to increase range and strength of them. Probably make them use more energy too so that it's better than Nidus, but not as spammable. Probably limit concurrent uses to 2 or 3.

Edited by Fireclaymore
grammar

Honestly bastille and vortex essentially serve the same purpose so keeping one or the other is kinda the way to go but if the new abilities were good enough then I wouldn’t mind losing them Maybe along the lines of what everyone else is saying 

Passive “Strike while the irons hot” continuous use of Vauban’s abilities increases the overall strength of the abilities but also increases his energy drain. Also provides a minor fire rate buff to his guns.

1.) Turret/drone some kind of turret/drone but please for the love of god let it have wheels/fly or be mobile being stationary in Warframe kinda defeats the space ninja vibe

2.) Tactical plating some kind of self armor/shield buff that has a minor channel time to deal with his squishy nature but try to keep it below rhino level tankiness 

3.) Firepower Vauban toggles on 2 shoulder mounted guns that drain energy and that can cycle through certain modes I.e machine gun to rocket launchers etc that scale with strength mods

4.) War-Machine This is kinda where vauban becomes that walking fortress his prime form gives off all other abilities are increased in exchange for a solid self slow and the drain from being in the form. He gains a kind of exalted form where his primary is changed to a heavy duty weapon thinking along the lines of a death machine from the cod games size increase, visual change maybe even let his “exalted form” have its own mods. 

This is just a rework that kinda makes him seem more like a technology focused frame with his reliance on machines and armor augments. Tried to give him synergy with support frames that can keep his energy topped off so his passive can keep ramping up for big numbers.

Edited by D3RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRp

10 minutes ago, D3RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRp said:

Honestly bastille and vortex essentially serve the same purpose so keeping one or the other is kinda the way to go but if the new abilities were good enough then I wouldn’t mind losing them Maybe along the lines of what everyone else is saying 

1.) some kind of turret but please for the love of god let it have wheels or be mobile being stationary in Warframe kinda defeats the space ninja vibe

2.) Tactical plating some kind of self armor/shield buff that has a minor channel time to deal with his squishy nature but try to keep it below rhino level tankiness 

3.) Firepower Vauban toggles on 2 shoulder mounted guns that drain energy and that can cycle through certain modes I.e machine gun to rocket launchers etc that scale with strength mods

4.) War-Machine This is kinda where vauban becomes that walking fortress his prime form gives off all other abilities are increased in exchange for a solid self slow  he gains a kind of exalted form where his primary is changed to a heavy duty weapon thinking along the lines of a death machine from the cod games size increase visual change maybe even let his “exalted form” have its own mods 

Actually, static turrets are already in game (Xiphos air support drops one in for you) but also serve a very useful purpose. Defensive missions, such as Defection, Defense, Mobile Defense, and Hijack. Static deployable defenses are very useful in these types of missions.

4 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Actually, static turrets are already in game (Xiphos air support drops one in for you) but also serve a very useful purpose. Defensive missions, such as Defection, Defense, Mobile Defense, and Hijack. Static deployable defenses are very useful in these types of missions.

Right but I’m trying to move away from the sorta cliche drop a turret down/camp around play style. I guess I kinda want to take him in a more action oriented direction, but still let him retain that engineer vibe

Why not give him granade based powers? 

I changed my mind. Powers ı gave to vauban made him good but its no longer engineer anymore. So ı wont post my opinion 

Edited by Razorv2
Though ı can post it, ı want it to keep engineer theme

31 minutes ago, D3RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRp said:

Right but I’m trying to move away from the sorta cliche drop a turret down/camp around play style. I guess I kinda want to take him in a more action oriented direction, but still let him retain that engineer vibe

Thats nearly impossible, unfortunately. The Engineer Concept is always associated with constructs that are typically defensive in nature. Even the infamous Gunslinger Engineer from TF2 is not technically an offensive setup, merely a gear loadout being abused in a way it wasn't intended for an offensive playstyle. Vauban sits in a similar issue, where pretty much the only way forwards for him, without getting rid of the Engineer Concept from him entirely, is to make him more defensive than he already is.

Edited by Kerberos-3

1 hour ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Thats nearly impossible, unfortunately. The Engineer Concept is always associated with constructs that are typically defensive in nature. Even the infamous Gunslinger Engineer from TF2 is not technically an offensive setup, merely a gear loadout being abused in a way it wasn't intended for an offensive playstyle. Vauban sits in a similar issue, where pretty much the only way forwards for him, without getting rid of the Engineer Concept from him entirely, is to make him more defensive than he already is.

Whenever I see a Vauban use his kit effectively I soon see him dead. 

At this point, considering you're basically reworking him from the ground up, wouldn't it be better to just make it as a new frame and leave Vauban as an Sapper instead? I mean, the core concept is fine, the first ability is a good step but when you're reworking every ability where it no longer resembles the previous iteration, it might be better to embark on it as a separate project. 

• Like 1

i like the turrets idea for his first but lets make it say have 4 turrets max for his deplayable limit, far as his second goes being an engineer type i like the idea but im thinking why not instead make it a deplayable barricade like volts shield but instead of duration have it act like frosts snowglobe but give it some synergy with the 1st ability where if you drop the shield wall on the turret the turret upgrades itself into a more advanced turret, refreshes its duration,adds the shieldwall mechanic to the turret and the turret now fires of a missle every 3 seconds, i would like to have bastile stay the way it is its perfect for choke points and would work well with the turret idea, and for the 4th im all for that last idea all the way.

Here is my Take:

1. Concussion Grenade - Same as the Current Mine Layer Grenade, Cheap CC that can be used on the Fly. (Replace Tesla Link Augment with Flashbang Augment, which causes Concuss to inflict a Blind on enemies and open them up for finishers for few seconds).

2. Moddable Turret, Remove Minelayer and let Vauban deploy a Powerful Sentry turret that can swap between various Offensive, Defensive, and even Support Modes, Such as a Automatic Rifle, A AoE attack, A Flamethrower and even a Healing Beam for Allies.  (Can be Modded as an Exalted weapon) 

3. Bastille - Keep the Current Effect, but make Repelling Bastille inbuilt, so you can Lock down certain enemies and keep the rest out, Replace it's Augment with Fortifying Bastille, allowing Vauban and his Allies to gain Significantly more armor while in the Bastille.

4. System Disruption - Allows Vauban to disable enemy weapons temporarily, and short circuit Proxies (Moa/Osprey), causing Electric Damage to Targets. Replace Perpetual Vortex with Cascade Failure, enemies that are Killed by the Short Circuit explode dealing damage to nearby enemies.)

I think this would allow Vauban to stay an Engineer based frame with abilities that are still Generally CC Based but are capable of dealing damage when Properly Modded. 

• 1 month later...

Vauban Rework:

Basic Changes:

Reworked his 4 and his 1 into Mineslayer removing the bounce and trip mines.

New 1 Ability: Reforge

All loot dropped from enemies CCed by Vauban has a chance of dropping triple the amount of loot they normally drop.

Chance: 35%

Drains 5 shields per corpses that are reforged.

New Alternate 1 Ability: Reversal

For each enemy CCed Vauban gets a 5% Damage Redirection stacking up to 95%.

Can be recast. Multiple instances do stack with a 95% redirection capped. 

Damage is redirected to his alternate 4.

New 2 Ability: Mineslayer

Removed Bounce and trip. Instead replaced them with his old 1 and 4.

New 3 Ability: Bastile

Unchanged.

New 4 Ability: Repowering Cogs

Deploys static structures that drain shields and armor from CCed enemies.

Augment: Cogs of War - Drains a percentage of health from enemies.

New Alternate 4 Ability: Cogs of War(cuz I can't think of anything else .-.)

Damage redirected to the turret increases turret's base damage.

Passive: Deals more damage to CCed enemies.

Alternate Passive: CCed enemies drop more loot