Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter decorations - more capacity?

-FrutyX-

Hello,

this problem has been hauting for some time already,but honestly,I would like to share it to DE,I am not sure about a solution at the moment,but I will explain.

So I am an lover of decorations ,not only for the orbiter,but also for dojo,but this thread is about orbiter decorations. With every bigger update, we are getting more and more orbiter decorations,some of them are accessible via market and some of them you can literally farm (Fortuna stuff etc.) and if someone like me keeps collecting them (not spamming them,but at least one of every) then you soon start to have a problem - the problem is the orbiter capacity,I've been collecting all decorations since DE added the first decoration ever and it looks that I've already reached the limit for them,it's kinda annoying because I do like a well decorated orbiter and with each new decoration I have already problem because I don't have space to put it somewhere.

Now the orbiter limit - I can fully understand that it must have an limit otherwise too much decorations will create performance problems or even crashes and that's excatly why I am not sure about any solution,I believe it can take more decorations or some little optimizations are possible to get more stuff into our orbiters - but in the end,I am not DE nor a programmer to keep saying anything about performance.

Another thing to mention - some decorations are honestly in my opinion too much capacity heavy,I really  can't say if it's because performance again,but decorations like articulas are kinda overkill when it comes to capacity cost.

There are many decorations in game already and there will be many in future updates - I personally love decorations ,but the limit won't let us to create something more creative and big.

One things I have to mention - I am personally NOT using the Helminth room ,simply because without nidus there is no access (I've already did an separate thread for it aswell) and for someone who barely uses Nidus - it's like the room doesn't exist.

It's feedback,not complaining,because with all honesty I have a lot of decorations and many displays/glyphs around my orbiter but that's exactly what I've said - well decorated orbiter,even with  details.

Thank you for understanding.

Server load is the cause of restrictive capacity. A welcome change in my books would be allowing players to pool room capacities together so that those who enjoy using the Helminth room can decorate in there, but others can use that capacity in the Operator room.

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Server load is the cause of restrictive capacity. A welcome change in my books would be allowing players to pool room capacities together so that those who enjoy using the Helminth room can decorate in there, but others can use that capacity in the Operator room.

Effectively just making it so the capacity limit is for the entire ship rather than on a room by room basis.

Not a bad idea.

The door animations are not for show. It's likely that the only reason the room capacities are as high as they are is because the game is able to hide the stuff that isn't in the current room. There is no "whole ship capacity" to speak of.