Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr claws working like Garuda

Vyrhelle

Someone might have suggested this already, I can't be bothered to scroll through the forums so I'll be up front about that. Anyhow, making it so that Valkyr can equip her claws and use them as her melee weapon slot just like Garuda does would be amazing. I see no reason why this couldn't be made to work separately from her Hysteria, simply let her equip the claws but give her none of the additional powers from Hysteria. Just the melee weapon stats.

I honestly agree. Sans the bonus from Hysteria, Valkyr's claws are basically just a melee weapon. Even if they don't do the cool glowy effect with the yelling and screaming and stuff, it would be honestly really cool just to be able to fisticuffs as a warframe. In general, some retroactive tweaks to frames would be cool, as we've seen with the exalted weapon thing. Being able to mod Valkyr claws, Titania weapons, Exalted blade, just like we get to mod Venari is super cool. I hope we can see more of this in the future.

But seriously, let's have some Valkyr claw love up in here.

Different frames, different mechanics for triggering the claws.  Garuda are physical claws which just 'swing round', valkyr are 'exalted' energy claws which extend from the body.  

Now I agree about the other frames with physical weapons being able to use them instead of a weapon but they kind of need to have a physical weapon rather than an exalted weapon to do that imo. 

New feature does not mean vaguely similar things in the past have to be redone to match new feature. 

Let's throw Nidus' stacks on to every frame. Add an exalted weapon to all of them. Add a melee weapon built-in for when you don't have one equipped.

Garuda always has them out. They're part of her model. Excal and Valkyr create their weapons as part of the ability.

Of course it's different frames, even bringing that up as a counterpoint is silly. The point isn't making them into the same frame, the point is looking at warframe weapons that can be modded like normal weapons in a different way. Who cares whether they are generated or already exist on the frame, they all share the fact that you can mod them like normal weapons. You cant mod Nidus stacks, you cant mod ember's fire. But exalted weapons have weapon stats, they have innate damage, damage types, crit, status, etc, and between ranged and melee weapons they have all the factors of actual weapons. So if it could be done with Garuda, it could be done with Ivara, or Excalibur or yes, Valkyr. 

It could, but it certainly shouldn’t. Again, not every frame with a special weapon has to get all the concepts for a special weapon. Stop trying to jam everything into all frames, let stuff be unique. The sole reason Garuda got them is because there wasn’t any room in her abilities and that they were a huge part of her design 

You’re simply asking for this because why not, valkyr already has access to this weapon, she doesn’t need this 

I'd rather see an overhaul to Hysteria to make it more engaging and feel useful alongside regular melee weapons, as opposed to most Valkyr players really only considering one or the other (even since the stat stick change). 

Also, what would become of Hysteria with your proposed change? Would it be the same as it is now, or would it be only a toggle invincibility? Because the former kinda defeats the purpose of the change, and the latter is a really bad idea. 

Edited by Gurpgork

I very much agree with the suggestion, and more generally I think the argument could be made for a great deal many more frames, if not all of them, to have an innate weapon they could access. Assuming Hysteria is the source of Valkyr's immunity and life steal, her claws would be perfectly acceptable melee weapons, as has already been mentioned, and the same could be said for, say, Khora's whip (which was meant to be an entire exalted weapon on its own), Nezha's chakram, Ivara's Artemis Bow, Wukong's Iron Staff, Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Mesa's Regulators, Titania's Razorwing weapons, even Harrow's Thurible. Allowing these frames to access these weapons as a baseline, and depowered if they already exist as exalted abilities, would add tremendously to their flavor, and if taken further could also allow certain frames to access "weapons" only they could use, e.g. Volt firing spears of pure lightning or Ember lobbing quick fireballs.

Going further, I also feel Garuda is a good reason to reevaluate exalted weapons altogether: previously, the idea was that a frame had the potential for such an iconic weapon that it needed to fit somewhere in their kit, but now such a weapon can easily be added to a frame via a conditional passive. In some cases, it may still be worth having an ability that supercharges the weapon in question (e.g. Hysteria, Exalted Blade, Peacemaker), but in many others, if an innate weapon could adequately encapsulate the function of a 4 or even a 1 ability, those effects could be shifted onto the innate weapon, and those ability slots could be put to use for more interesting mechanics. Considering how Baruuk is also going to have an exalted weapon, this could perhaps be an opportunity to give him an innate martial arts weapon (i.e. the Paci Fist), and perhaps have his 4 supercharge it instead, assuming that's what the final effect will look like.