Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you force PVP Stalker onto us:

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

I will:
1. Consider quitting the game.  I play Warframe for PVE.  I have played 5 years because it's primarily PVE.  Too many games force PVP onto players these days.  If PVP becomes a FORCED aspect as Scott's stream indicates it would be, that would be the most grievous sin DE could ever commit against their primarily PVE playerbase.  It's one thing to have it optional... but forced?  That's an awful idea.... but a great way to alienate 100s if not 1000s of players.

2. If I don't quit I will grieve Stalker players and shut my game down the moment I can see them moving in ways that are "unnatural" of the AI.  In fact I will probably start shutting the game down everytime Stalker starts to appear regardless - I already have his loot so it's no loss to me outside of a bit of time.  Then they can enjoy having their time wasted as they sit in a load screen for nothing.    And I will actively encourage other players to do the same.

Before you do these things that a very small percentage of people want, you should consider the impacts.... I need to make it clear now - if it is OPTIONAL, then I don't care either way, it'll be fine.  But if it's FORCED, you might as well tie a noose around the game's neck.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Calm down , we dont know how stalker mode will work nore how we will get access to it . for all we know it could be super duper rare expirience and on top it could be totaly optional , tho I dont mind if warframe for a moment would turn into dark souls

Edited by bad4youLT

1. Stalker can't atack not marked people, even if he's controlled by human player
2. SI Stalker was so easy, and atm people can die when he atack

Player Stalker can give more challenge when stalky attack, and for me its refreshing, also finally Stalker can be grim, scary and creep mob, not only in 95% chance dread vendor

i think at 100% - this mode dont be full open PVP where, you can attack who u want

Edited by Rin-senpai

There's a reason DE hasn't just shoved this mode out yet into the game, and you are clearly illustrating part of it here. (Not being negative, just stating that DE IS thinking about you too)

More or less, I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I'd like a refreshing take on the Stalker. On the other....well, there are just some days I just don't want to deal with any social interactions or people at all, which is why I love that Solo mode is a thing. If those moments get broken with a Troll-Stalker spawning into my game....yeah, no. I'd abort mission too instantly.

Maybe they could do it like "Stalker's Hunting Ground", where if you enter these mission nodes, like Nightmare nodes, you have a better chance of getting rare drops/loot, buuuuut you also have a high chance a Player Stalker will spawn in to try to ruin your day. Optional Risk and Reward. Again, sorta like Nightmare Nodes. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there.

EDIT: Maybe make it where every Node that is Stalker Spawnable has a little Stalker Symbol next to it, and Players that choose the "Stalker's Hunting Grounds" node get a flat 15%-20% increase on Credit, Resource, and Affinity gains while in that Node. This way, farming things like Kuva, Cryotic, Plastids, etc. in those Nodes would be more "Efficient" vs not farming in those nodes, and as this game has shown us time and time again, Players will always lean heavily towards the most Efficient routes and styles while farming/grinding. This would make it where the Stalker Mode will ALWAYS have willing subjects within its bounds, and make it a clear choice for those who do or don't want to participate, and not get their PvE play sessions suddenly invaded by a Troll.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

27 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

Do we really need a 4th Thread stating the same on 5+ Pages? But Yeah, i agree very much no opt put is a no no

And as Scott said in the interview, around 95% will opt out("Oh cool feature ok, but I don't want it") and the 5% left are those that either forgot about the option or new players, so where would the point be? 

Right now it's useless to argue about it, it's not coming for the next 2-3 months at the very least, and no real hints were dropped expect that interview with Scott(That's where all those topics are coming from).

20 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

And as Scott said in the interview, around 95% will opt out("Oh cool feature ok, but I don't want it") and the 5% left are those that either forgot about the option or new players, so where would the point be? 

Right now it's useless to argue about it, it's not coming for the next 2-3 months at the very least, and no real hints were dropped expect that interview with Scott(That's where all those topics are coming from).

Imo better to get the backlash out now so it DOESNT make it to the game.  I don't want to let it sit for 2-3 months then we all get hot garbage dumped on us.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

21 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Complaining about stalker mode that may or may not be released when you don't even have Fortuna yet. :clem:

Yeah the complaining is so it doesn't end up in the game.  I'm not going to wait until we have something we know now we don't want... I'd rather skips step 2 and 3 and just go to the end, we already know what the result will be.  Let the backlash come out now so they don't waste time and funds implementing this.  It really doesn't matter how they do it, any forced PVP will have bad results. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

22 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Imo better to get the backlash out now so it DOESNT make it to the game.

But we know NOTHING but the concept/idea, no facts AT ALL or how it works in detail, once a Dev workshop comes online or we get more details then we can bash it all we want.

Just now, HellVOps said:

But we know NOTHING but the concept/idea, no facts AT ALL or how it works in detail, once a Dev workshop comes online or we get more details then we can bash it all we want.

Well then maybe Scott shouldn't answer questions like that with the vivid detail he did.  He made it pretty explicitly clear he wouldn't want it to be opt out, and we've all seen over the years when Scott wants something he scarcely doesn't get it.  

Gerade eben schrieb HellVOps:

Yes. Except when we saw them play it on Devstreams and afaik let Tennocon visitors play it

I for one wouldn't mind a player controlled enemy spawning in a mission once in a while as long as things like sorties are excluded and I think you guys are overreacting a bit here, even when AI stalker shoes up either he dies or we die and that's it, worst case we lose a revive. You have to remember that not everyone who gets to play Stalker will be a 8yo edgelord hell bent on killing the mr4 player he's facing and most encounters might even be fun with us having a chance to goof around with the Stalker himself, just save your concerns and doubts until we get proper details on the how's and when's of this thing without starting unnecessary drama

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

What if a player stalker could only attack you maybe 3 times a year,  you quit then? 

Stalker needs to be feared again, and ai can only do so much with niche abilities, it's either overpowered or underpowered. 

I'd be fine with opting out option, but I do think new tradeable rewards should drop for those willing to endure. Monopolize on those who fear 4v1.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

What if a player stalker could only attack you maybe 3 times a year,  you quit then? 

Stalker needs to be feared again, and ai can only do so much with niche abilities, it's either overpowered or underpowered. 

I'd be fine with opting out option, but I do think new tradeable rewards should drop for those willing to endure. Monopolize on those who fear 4v1.

Unless  we are SEVERELY nerfed in the PVE area , Nothing will make  me fear stalker when Im geared towards  facing lvl 2-300s and odds are stalker wont spawn at those levels, all a player playing him will mean is it may take more than one shot to kill him because he may somehow miraculously dodge my first shot , but can bet he wont dodge any weapon of mass destruction ii have equiped that needs only hit his general direction, or that i may just go make a sandwich while he tries to kill my inaros Or  just drop  an  acient helaer  and nidus  specter and  let them handle him, , I will personally Opt  in aswell , and will be intentionally  be joining low lvl  low mr  areas  so they cant greif  new player  areas easy , Since they can see their  targets  and  pick them, Most will only  target low mt players because they may stand a  chance   at winning

Stalker will NEVER be  scary  after a certain point unless they nerf our PVE   builds into the  ground, and Guesse what happens  when they start  doing that catering  to the smallest faction of the playerbase  , at the cost of alienating the  majority of their playerbase.

wont be pretty,

@OP

Wow people crave actual challenge from the stalker, and when something that could be really fun (don't forget every player would be limited by the stalkers kit etc, i.e. a level playing field) gets presented, people are up in arms, you're honestly gonna sit back and try and identify if it's AI and then take the time to troll people? i mean you realise just how bitter and entitled that sounds?

So quick question, so what if you DON'T spot that it's actually AI, or if it's a human players who's not so capable and you kill them? what now? The entire premise of your whiny little rant post falls down.

Eurgh, maybe you should stamp your feet, then throw yourself on the floor in a fit of tears in the middle of the supermarket, it's the next logical step when you don't get your way.

I'm tired of awesome concepts being held back for the snowflakes who threaten to quit. Seriously, do the community a favour and just quit now, so at least in the interim the rest of the playerbase can enjoy the new features.

1 minute ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

@OP

Wow people crave actual challenge from the stalker, and when something that could be really fun (don't forget every player would be limited by the stalkers kit etc, i.e. a level playing field) gets presented, people are up in arms, you're honestly gonna sit back and try and identify if it's AI and then take the time to troll people? i mean you realise just how bitter and entitled that sounds?

So quick question, so what if you DON'T spot that it's actually AI, or if it's a human players who's not so capable and you kill them? what now? The entire premise of your whiny little rant post falls down.

Eurgh, maybe you should stamp your feet, then throw yourself on the floor in a fit of tears in the middle of the supermarket, it's the next logical step when you don't get your way.

I'm tired of awesome concepts being held back for the snowflakes who threaten to quit. Seriously, do the community a favour and just quit now, so at least in the interim the rest of the playerbase can enjoy the new features.

It wont be scary, It wont be Challenging , It will be a slaughter ,  resulting in PVP nerfs in  a PVE setting , because    stalker players who  fail  horribly Over and over and over because  massive aoe  weapons of mass destruction exist and  can alreday one  shot  stalker repeatedly, all This mode  will mean is  Nothing good,  I'm all For PVP  when its  done  right and  doesnt cause  nerfs  to the PVE are  But you  people refuse to acknowledge this fact , You are  to  busy  spouting of nonsense  like  " Hur Hur they scurred of my pvp   they  lil babies" when you guys will end  up the  saltiest of us all once   its implemented and   you get curb stomped repeatedly

15 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Any mid-high MR player who did Eidolons: uses operator mode.

Stalker player:
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

In all seriousness, tbh PVP Stalker would only be an issue for the new players. The rest prob. won't even notice a difference.

Agreed till DE caves in and applies nerfs to PVE so the stalker players can feel relevant

24 minutes ago, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

22 minutes ago, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

It wont be scary, It wont be Challenging , It will be a slaughter ,  resulting in PVP nerfs in  a PVE setting , because    stalker players who  fail  horribly Over and over and over because  massive aoe  weapons of mass destruction exist and  can alreday one  shot  stalker repeatedly, all This mode  will mean is  Nothing good,  I'm all For PVP  when its  done  right and  doesnt cause  nerfs  to the PVE are  But you  people refuse to acknowledge this fact , You are  to  busy  spouting of nonsense  like  " Hur Hur they scurred of my pvp   they  lil babies" when you guys will end  up the  saltiest of us all once   its implemented and   you get curb stomped repeatedly

If you honestly think they'll start nerfing PVE weaponry in light of the stalker and not buffing the stalker, you're walking around with a tin foil hat on shouting at traffic as far as I'm concerned.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

But you  people refuse to acknowledge this fact , You are  to  busy  spouting of nonsense

Funny, that's the way people who are for the idea see people like yourself 🙂

20 minutes ago, (XB1)VaricBreem said:

Unless  we are SEVERELY nerfed in the PVE area , Nothing will make  me fear stalker when Im geared towards  facing lvl 2-300s and odds are stalker wont spawn at those levels, all a player playing him will mean is it may take more than one shot to kill him because he may somehow miraculously dodge my first shot , but can bet he wont dodge any weapon of mass destruction ii have equiped that needs only hit his general direction, or that i may just go make a sandwich while he tries to kill my inaros Or  just drop  an  acient helaer  and nidus  specter and  let them handle him, , I will personally Opt  in aswell , and will be intentionally  be joining low lvl  low mr  areas  so they cant greif  new player  areas easy , Since they can see their  targets  and  pick them, Most will only  target low mt players because they may stand a  chance   at winning

Stalker will NEVER be  scary  after a certain point unless they nerf our PVE   builds into the  ground, and Guesse what happens  when they start  doing that catering  to the smallest faction of the playerbase  , at the cost of alienating the  majority of their playerbase.

wont be pretty,

Player controlled nullification. Doesn't have to spawn immediately next to you..  Can go invisible, can lock a solo player in a room by themselves. Throws laser ball as anti child spawner.

Nidus specter is the scariest thing you mentioned to me I will never make the mistake of throwing that guy down in a Nightmare boss mode again... 

The only thing missing from a player Stalker arsenal is some movement debuff or disarm ability that could potentially throw him over the top. Spawning acolytes? Assassinate your warframe if you swap into Tenno...