Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxydadee

Why was warframe not even nominated in this year's game awards?

I also thought about this and part of it is warframe needing dedicated game testers imho. 

Moved to pc this year and the bug reporting for Fortuna felt mandatory. For WF players bug reports shouldn’t be a requirement.

The experience of the optimized console versions should be the real game experience, or pc players will be acting as the game testers. 

DE is a big company now with millions of players, and even if it’s FTP we spend plenty of time to grind the content. 

The players deserve a well tested, optimized version at launches. Or I won’t feel that the game is deserving for nominations 

TLDR dedicated game testers are needed to optimize all versions before launch 

7 hours ago, (XB1)motionROTATION said:

Because people like new games. Always have and always will. They’re shinier. 

There's a category called "ongoing game"  and we were nominated last year.  But not this year.  But trash games like Destiny got nominated this year

Also, can someone point me to an article that the "Game Awards" is actually just a "who pays the most" awards?

And, although this "awards show" might not be "legit".  Still, Warframe deserves more recognition.  We gotta get it out there that this here is the best ongoing game ever created by the best devs in the world.  We need more people playing this game so they can achieve nirvana.

10 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

There's no "Biggest Grind" award

Sea  of Thieves  would have won that. lol

Do you know how there's specific "campaigns" for movies to get nominated and win awards at the Oscars? Same here. Companies with deep pockets get the most attention.

while i do agree that the awards in general are suspicious at best, this year of warframe was simply subpar as well. 

20 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

while i do agree that the awards in general are suspicious at best, this year of warframe was simply subpar as well. 

The release of PoE and even the prior story quest (TWW) were nothing special and overall worse (at launch) than their successors. The only reason they got so much traction is because PoE was a big change. I think Fortuna was a far greater update and a better release, and honestly if they already had the part 2 update out it would easily be more competitive than PoE ever was.

The gist that the game awards are just paid advertising is an adequate expalantion, AAA gaming is rarely about quality nowadays when sales can be achieved without putting effort into a game. I'd be much more interested in how Warframe does with the Steam Awards, I'd expect at least a nomination in those.

The only game on the 2018 list I played was "Frostpunk", and that's only because 11bit studios made "This War of Mine". And that studio doesn't have deep pockets. They just make games that aren't the usual formula used to cash in.

The list of nominees look more influenced by eSports, too. Look at all the award listings just on eSports itself. THAT is big money talking. Activision-Blizzard didn't buyout MLG "just because", they're looking at it as another revenue stream.

I'd prefer smaller hungrier studios who make games that are different, than another Wal-Mart/Amazon commerical offering. They can throw $100,000,000 on their game, and it will perform no better than a 40 man studio can do on $10,000,000. Because a smaller studio knows it's sink or swim. What hurts smaller studios is they don't have the budget for advertising. The big games are big because they can hire Chuck Norris to do prime time TV spots and that stuff. Meanwhile, a game that isn't noticed iis ignored. The only way they get noticed is if gamers flock it for what they offer. But that doesn't mean they'll get an award.

Just look at Fortnite and what it did to Activision-Blizzard in a year. Wrecked their stocks and that isn't a "market correction", either. Fortnight plays on anything practically. Blizzard tried to turn Diablo onto mobile, and the "PC Master Race" folks blew them out cold. They didn't even want to hear about mobile gaming, despite if they don't, there might not BE an Activision-Blizzard in the next 5 years. Gaming has to evolve with the tech, and 5G is coming next year, and in 4 years phones will be powerful enough to run a lot of PC only games -- and with screen sizes they can even see their characters on (already can dock them to your monitor). I'd take that any day than running 800watts PSUs just to play a game and paying the power bill for!

5 minutes ago, Highlord83 said:

Because technically Warframe is still a Beta.  Yes, you read that right.

It doesn't matter. Last year for example, PUBG was nominated for best ongoing game, while the award show took place on December 7, 2017 and the game was fully released on December 20, 2017, while also being nominated for best game of the year and winning best multiplayer game. Additionally, Destiny 2 was also nominated for best ongoing game of 2017 while it was released on September 6 for consoles and October 24 for PC, a couple months old game as best ongoing. While also Overwatch won the best ongoing being released for a bit more than 1 year.

This should show you why these awards are meaningless and nothing to do with how good/deserving games are, minus a few good exceptions.

They go by whatever game is most talked about, yes WF is popular but it isn't as talked about as much as OW, R6S, or D2. 

Also, just because the game you wanted to win wasn't nominated doesn't mean every other game is trash like calm down.  Plus I'd rather WF not be in the VGA's because it brings out a lot of toxicity, fans will go at each other's throat just because their game didn't win.

Game Awards? Sorry gramps, this year was all about the Frame Awards. Did you not see it on Prime Time this week? They completely nailed it, especially with the final frame of the year ? Well played, DE, well played. 

So ironic that if warframe had won some award alot of the ppl criticizing the awards would be bragging about it right now, our society is so sad sometimes...

Theres honest reviewers/youtubers out there so kudos to those, but the gaming industry has clearly a problem of too many corporate sellouts...

To end with a positive note I just wanted to say I love Warframe, its a  great game and all i wanted for xmas this year was a less greedy milk gaming industry and a bit more honest community, from the simple player to the youtuber earning his paycheck.

Because warframe has moved from action shooter game to more life simulator game, where you can do captura, capture floofs, k-driving, and other things that different from action shooter genre..

Award ceremonies are over-rated.

In most cases the winners are decided by panels of "experts" and have little to do with how highly the actor / musician / game is rated by fans...or in this case players.

5 minutes ago, Edzhang said:

Because warframe has moved from action shooter game to more life simulator game, where you can do captura, capture floofs, k-driving, and other things that different from action shooter genre..

I disagree. At its core its still very much a shooter. Its what the majority of quests and missions are based around. It just happens to have a lot of other stuff you can do.

warframe is too good to be nominated for trash awards. I believe GoW and RDR2 picked up prizes, but only because A: money and B: there'd be riots in the street if either of those masterpiece-tier games didn't get something. they make sure to pick obviosu winners in some categories, but the rest are usually terrible decisions becuase the "experts" aren't really experts, and money rules the day, as it does everywhere in the gaming industry now.

11 hours ago, Beartornado said:

The release of PoE and even the prior story quest (TWW) were nothing special and overall worse (at launch) than their successors. The only reason they got so much traction is because PoE was a big change. I think Fortuna was a far greater update and a better release, and honestly if they already had the part 2 update out it would easily be more competitive than PoE ever was.

The gist that the game awards are just paid advertising is an adequate expalantion, AAA gaming is rarely about quality nowadays when sales can be achieved without putting effort into a game. I'd be much more interested in how Warframe does with the Steam Awards, I'd expect at least a nomination in those.

poe WAS special cus it had completely new and massive features that we did not have before. fortuna, as we have it right now, is nothing more than a reskinned and polished version of it and in some ways, actually inferior. and tww brought rivens, which is an entirely new system for the players to tinker with and have created its own massive economy. they did have a much larger effect on how we play the game compared to fortuna and the sacrifice.

hell, sacrifice was subjectively the most emptiest cinematic quest for all the other cinematic quests brought some endgame mechanic to play with while sacrifice was just umbra. 

Also we shouldnt forget that Warframe is, ans prolly ever will be a buggy mess.  I picked up Destiny 2 when it was free Not a long ago, and recently decided to Download it to sef where People comparing them are Coming from (imo not many similarities. Would compare d2 more to Borderlands than warframe)

in all my Time spent playing destiny, i didnt Experience a Single Bug. In warframe, i cant even Login into the game without finding one. As much as i think DE deserve an award for this epic product, in its current state id hardly call it a finished product which might have affected the game negativly  in the Awards (forever Beta and such things)

On 2018-12-08 at 10:52 AM, Leyers_of_facade said:

Warframe isn't bad enough to be nominated. Looks at fortnite, destiny 2, no man sky.... 

Tbf, No Mans Sky has come a very long way and is beyond what they promised at first. Granted, Sony should have put a muzzle on Shawn and not pressed so hard for the game to be released when it wasn't ready from Hello Games. Still doesn't excuse what happened at release but, for a very small team, it's kinda crazy how the game has grown.

There's a category called best ongoing game of the year.  Warframe was nominated last year and screwed by Overwatch even though they saw the fanbase wanting Warframe.  Clears that "beta" and "didn't release this year" stuff up.  No Man's Sky isn't an ongoing game, it just had updated to try and fix it after the initial release backlash.  Destiny 2 Forsaken was pretty good but go look at what the people are saying about the black armory now.  New content they can't even play without grinding more of the same for weeks.  Fortnite, yeah ok, updates consists of a new gun and jump pad on a weekly basis.  It's just too popular to leave out.  I don't know anything about the other games but yeah Warframe deserved to get at least nominated if these games did.