Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Looking for player input] We need to talk credits $$$

Souchira

All right, I think its time to talk about credits,

I play Warframe 8 to 12 hours a day and I am unable to farm even a fraction of the required credits for all the things that need them and it has become the biggest bottleneck for me in Warframe.

As you probably figured out by this statement I’m not doing a whole lot index. I think Index is a quickfix for a bigger balance issue in the game and sadly its one of the least compelling game modes, at least in my opinion.

I think the main problem lies with that the amount of credits you get seem to be based on how the game was years ago. In that time there where fewer money sinks, the main one being leveling mods, but this has changed so many new systems have been added and everything costs credits.

So when someone like me who plays this game far more each day than most players can’t make anywhere near enough credits without doing index there is a problem. It forces especially the players with less time into index wasting the little time they might have after work in this lackluster gamemode.

I'd like to see more options between Index (highly efficient, but a chore) and current missions which are a fraction of what Index offers, some middle middle ground. Similar to there is a scale of endo farming.

Edit:

I mention this later in this thread but I want to highlight it here since it's basically the reason I'm complaining in the first place:

My problem is just with Index. Its a different game that happens to use some of the same core mechanics but its not Warframe. Its a PvP Arena game type vs bots and I really don't mind it exists, if anything it think its really cool that DE is experimenting with so many different game modes. The issue I have with it is its position in the Warframe ecosystem.

In my opinion Index falls under the same category as Conclave, Flappy Zephyr and Frame fighters, its a side mini-game that ,if you like it, you can play but isn't part of the main game.

So I have two questions:

1. If your a player could you please fill out the poll below:

https://www.strawpoll.me/17003434

2. To DE: is a credits re-balance on the roadmap? If not, can you explain why and if so any insight its progress?

Edited by Souchira

Don't try and get 1000+ hours of necessary Credits all at once. They are easy to come buy, and you really don't need more than a few million at any given time. Anything over 40,000,000 credits is icing on the cake. Given each round gives 500,000 credits with a booster on high risk, getting enough credits for a week can be achieved in a mere 2-3 hours of gameplay. The Index is the most efficient method of Credits, but you can still farm with Secura Lecta, Chroma, Dark Sector missions, Sorties and more.

Since the introduction of the Index and Secura Lecta, the Credits economy is in a good spot right now. I spent 2 months farming Credits daily, and I realized how simple it is to obtain them.

Edited by Voltage

17 minutes ago, Souchira said:

As you probably figured out by this statement I’m not doing a whole lot index.

This is like saying:
I only run Mariana, why don't I get better frames? Please give me a fully built prime frame after 1000 runs.

If you need credits you run Index. 1 run = 4 rounds = 20 minutes = 1 million credits without Booster

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Working as intended.

Let's be real, since people who can't be bothered with Index farm, they are supposed to buy mods from other players increasing the plat circulation.

The Secura Lecta nerf wasn't the result of an outdated reward system, this is meant to add to a grindwall that you either commit to or avoid/shorten by paying for boosters and plats for trading.

so, you telling me that you play 8-12 hour a day to farm credit, while you could get the same amount of credit in like 1 hour or so, but you refuse to do index, then complain about you not having enough credit

im sorry what?

13 minutes ago, Souchira said:

To DE: is a credits re-balance on the roadmap? If not, can you explain why and if so any insight its progress?

No. Why? Because they put in the Index mission-mode.

(Seriously, this game-mode is basically "Oh, I need 2 million credits for taxes if I want to sell this Riven for a major amount of plat. Okay, I'll go solo-farm the Index for 15-25 minutes while watching Markiplier's new Vid.")

Gabii baby Gabii

Edit : to anyone who doesn't get this, i run 5 minutes of gabii and get 25k credits so i'll run 15 or 20 minutes i get a S#&$load plus credit booster. well gabii is on ceres. it also gives good amount of xp compared to others except hydron

Edited by (XB1)SavvyDeath

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Don't try and get 1000+ hours of necessary Credits all at once. They are easy to come buy, and you really don't need more than a few million at any given time. Anything over 40 million credits is icing on the cake. Since the removal of Trials and the introduction of the Index, the Credits economy is in a good spot right now. I spent 2 months farming Credits daily, and I realized how simple it is to obtain them.

And yet with 750+ hours in the game playing 8 to 12 hours each day credits are the major bottleneck to my progression.

Many mods are not maxed while I have plenty of endo 30k in the bank and around 50 something statues sitting in my Orbiter looking pretty.
I run into credit issues just crafting items daily and yes I sell duplicate mods, and BP's I basically do everything except Index because its, imho, one of the worst parts of the game.

Besides, the entire credit economy shouldn't hinge on one game mode. Part of the beauty of Warframe is that you can accomplish most farms in multiple ways, I mean how many different way of farming endo do we have now? But if you do a 20 or 40 minutes of most missions your lucky if you get 25k credits.

Just now, Souchira said:

The entire credit economy shouldn't hinge on a single bad game mode that is like poor Conclave version against spammy bots.

Secura Lecta, Akkad, Hieracon, Sorties, Endurance missions, Fissure missions with buffs, Chroma, and more. The entire credit economy hinges on the Index because you are looking through the lens of the most efficient mode and nothing else. Passively gaining credits is not impossible to do.

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Secura Lecta, Akkad, Hieracon, Sorties, Endurance missions, Fissure missions with buffs, Chroma, and more. The entire credit economy hinges on the Index because you are looking through the lens of the most efficient mode and nothing else. Passively gaining credits is not impossible to do.

Yes, I am aware of ALL of those and I do ALL of those every single day for 8 to 12 hours and still don't have anywhere near enough credits. I'm sitting on 10+ Primed mods, several good riven mods and plenty of regular that I can't level due to credit limitations. 

Edited by Souchira

1 minute ago, Souchira said:

Yes, I am aware of ALL of those and I do ALL of those every single day for 8 to 12 hours and still don't have anywhere near enough credits. I'm sitting on 10+ Primed mods that I can't level due to credit limitations.

Primed Mods are meant to be progression for higher end mod options. It took me over a year of fusion core and credit farming to max the available mods. If it was simple to max these mods, their value would be decreased and the bar would be lowered. I disagree we should change the credits economy.

I think I see why this discussion is going in this direction and I think it might give feedback skewed towards the very long term players to DE.

Voltage: 4300+ hours
kgabor: 2100+ hours
GnarlsDarkley: 2100+ hours
Tangent-Valley: 1800+ hours
vid23: 1300+ hours

I appreciate the input tho, all parts of the community need to be heard but I'd love to see some feedback from some newer players on this topic. 

Edited by Souchira

1 minute ago, Souchira said:

I think I see why this discussion is going in this direction and I think this might give the wrong feedback to DE.

I'd love to see some feedback from some newer players on this topic.

3000+ on Steam, the counter in game is broken. :3

5 minutes ago, Souchira said:

I think I see why this discussion is going in this direction and I think this might give the wrong feedback to DE.

I'd love to see some feedback from some newer players on this topic.

Players from all backgrounds have every right to give feedback on this topic. Any resource (whether it be Platinum, Endo, Credits, or crafting components) is quite steep to farm in the beginning of the game, but if you change your mindset to not farm all of that at once, it creates a road map on goals that are reachable in a reasonable time. For example: If you need say 2,000,000 Endo to max every mod in the game, you should prioritize a few mods at a time, not aim to get all of that in one sitting. The fact that Credits were made easier and easier to obtain over the years indicates that there is less and less of a need to change this economy.

2 minutes ago, kgabor said:

3000+ on Steam, the counter in game is broken. :3

The counter in game counts mission time, not "The application is open" time (which is what Steam measures).

Edited by Voltage

And I get, it I love this game as well and if I had started playing this sooner I would be up there with you in the thousands of hours. But you have to admit that maybe your perception of the game might be a bit skewed by the number of hours you have put into it.

4 minutes ago, Souchira said:

And I get, it I love this game as well and if I had started playing this sooner I would be up there with you in the thousands of hours. But you have to admit that maybe your perception of the game might be a bit skewed by the number of hours you have put into it.

Everyone starts the game somewhere, and after Update: Specters of the Rail, I restarted the grind from square 1 to see how the economy changes have affected progression. I had a bit of a head start given past experience, but if you do all the activities available, the grind is only steep on the low end and slowly flattens out. Credits have plenty of sinks and plenty of methods to farm them. My view is from the perspective of my investment, but that does not mean it is wrong to share how I feel about the economy of a resource over the years.

Edited by Voltage

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Everyone starts the game somewhere, and after Update: Specters of the Rail, I restarted the grind from square 1 to see how the economy changes have affected progression. I had a bit of a head start given past experience, but if you do all the activities available, the grind is only steep on the low end and slowly flattens out. Credits have plenty of sinks and plenty of methods to farm them.

That is kinda the problem, compared to Index there is no farm that even gets remotely close for the time invested.
Even if Index was an enjoyable game-mode, which it might be to some, the stark contrast between the time invested and what you get out of it is way out of balance compared to every other activity in the game.

Meanwhile we pretty much have alternatives to every other type of farm. I mean how many ways of farming endo that are at least some what effective do we have now?

I'd like to see credits be on a similar scale because right now its either extreme efficiency (Index) or only a fraction of that in any other game mode. The disparity is too large, i'd like some middle ground.

Edited by Souchira

Hi there, I think im at about 500 hours, (last checked i was at 444 hours) here's my input:

Credits are okay where they are now. Yes for players at around my level and skill doing high risk index is not easy, but certainly doable. Getting enough credits to smoothen out your progression as you get more credit sinks will be difficult without doing Index or farming for credits specifically (especially if you don't have the weapons or tools to do so, which most of us do not have).

However, when you do start doing Index runs which are the most viable way of getting credits at our current level, it gets easier. If you have only limited time to fork out for Warframe per day, I suggest you alternate between Index farming and normal farming.

Good luck farming tenno, may RNGesus be with you.

Edited by Cephalycion

I have not played index for a long time but I’m still able to get a keep a constant 2 mil bal not even trying to farm for credits. abberations, ESO, and sorties give me enough credits.

Credits usually just come as an indirect product of other stuff you farm for. Index is just where you Increase your credits quickly you should be playing regularly and getting a healthy credit revenue if you aren’t the problem you is that you are unable have generate a postive income (credits gained - credits spent) and need nekros or more of the 3 game modes I mentioned as well as regular farming for things. The issue is not how long you play but how efficiently you are playing. Bottom line is you are going to need to do Index if you can’t mantain your balance. There is no excuse for this. credits are the one of the easist resources in the game if you can’t get enough credits I’m sorry to say this but it’s on you to realize index is there to help you until you can help  yourself that is it’s purpose the game it self offers much variety on how you can get credits because of how often and how much you can get by doing other content and is generous once you Spend enough there should a point where you won’t need credits that much as it will come naturally.

Efficiency is key do index Everyday as the last thing before you log off until you don’t need it anymore 

Edited by (PS4)BloodyXSavageX

5 hours ago, Souchira said:

But you have to admit that maybe your perception of the game might be a bit skewed by the number of hours you have put into it.

You are somewhat correct. I did a "speedrun"/playthrough the story (new account until umbra) with a new account. Although I didn't have to farm a lot of credits it sure was tight most of the time.

17 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Yep. I'm at 1275hrs on Steam, but in game I'm not even close to that.

Like Voltage already stated correctly: in-game time is only in-mission time. Steam says I'm at 4k hours...but that's because I have several alts 

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Like Voltage already stated correctly: in-game time is only in-mission time. Steam says I'm at 4k hours...but that's because I have several alts 

Well, Liset time and getting kicked out of instances if you're in there too long (like trying to locate caches), is a problem.

Not as extreme as a side scroller game I played: was in the hospital for 10 days and the game played itself. Have over 5k hours in that game (no need for multiple accounts!). lol

14 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are somewhat correct. I did a "speedrun"/playthrough the story (new account until umbra) with a new account. Although I didn't have to farm a lot of credits it sure was tight most of the time.

In my opinion it actually gets worse over time as you get into building primed weapon and frames, Dojo stuff (35k for Forma alone), baro weapons and mods, boss, alert stalker there is a lot of stuff and general BP cost 25+k just to make, then come the Zaw's  kit-guns, companions debt bonds and all the other standing related stuff.

EVERYTHING cost credits, which is why I find it strange we only have good way to farm credits and sadly its not a enjoyable game mode for me. But I'm totally fine with Index being the nr one way of gaining credits I'd just like to see some middle ground between it and the tiny bits you get everywhere else.

This is a 20 minutes Derelict survival with a Hydroid, Nekros, Speed Nova and Rhino with boosters on and we get a grand total 31k credits, 15k without a booster common, I know we are getting other stuff as well but still 15k is less than 1 (!!) credit per enemy killed.

yawn-farming.png

Honestly, it's been a long time since I was even remotely low on credits. I recently dipped below a million only thanks to grinding rep through conservation on Fortuna (no credits awarded) and me just buying out all the debt bonds from Ticker every day. Then a I ran Index a couple times and I'm back over 2M. Mind you, that was the first time I ever touched the Index. There are a ton of credit sinks, but if you keep the looter mentality of "open all the containers and pick up everything" all those small caches really add up over time. The only way I can see your credit sink vastly outweighing your gain is if you're building heaps of new gear all at once. Build a few things, then level them and by the time you're done you should have recouped your credits and then some.

Also for that last screenshot...yeah, I guess that mission just sucks for credits. I've been leveling gear on Akkad for a while now and 15 rounds will usually net me about 70-100K credits. Some places are just vastly better than others, and the Index is designed to be the ultimate get rich quick scheme. Yes the Index is boring, but it's also pretty quick. You can earn millions of credits in only a couple hours (which is far less than one play session if you've been going at Warframe 8-12 hours a day like you said) which should allow you to enjoy the rest of the game for a good while without having to worry about credit costs for weeks at a time, if not months.