Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Rework Concept

vladoMNE

1st Ability: Kept same, except every teammate's health heals by 10% (scales with power strength, up to 25%) per enemy hit
2nd Ability: Removed iron skin, the new ability would sacrifice the amount of shields equal to rhino's missing health in order to replenish his health back to 100%
3rd Ability: Kept same, duration increased
4th Ability: Kept same, ignores 50% enemy armor and lasts longer

Stats:
Health: 2 500 (with umbral set, I cant do reverse percentages :/)
Shield: 3 000 (with redirection)
Armor: 450 (600 for prime)
Energy: 200 (on max rank)

So nerf ironskin and replace it with a FAR inferior self heal than even healing return? No. Rhino is meant to be a tank first and foremost. He currently does that extremely well. In addition, his kit is straightforward and new-player friendly. He does NOT need a rework as much as other frames (see: Vauban, Ember, Titania, Khora, Revenant’s not bad but he is boring, same with Octavia admittedly)

those health and shield stats seem pretty high.... also. this seems like you want rhino to have everything. healing, buffs, tankiness and CC. which honestly doesnt suit him. i'd say keep him as is, which is simple for new players (who likely will be picking rhino up as one of their first frames).

1 hour ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

those health and shield stats seem pretty high.... also. this seems like you want rhino to have everything. healing, buffs, tankiness and CC. which honestly doesnt suit him. i'd say keep him as is, which is simple for new players (who likely will be picking rhino up as one of their first frames).

2 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

So nerf ironskin and replace it with a FAR inferior self heal than even healing return? No. Rhino is meant to be a tank first and foremost. He currently does that extremely well. In addition, his kit is straightforward and new-player friendly. He does NOT need a rework as much as other frames (see: Vauban, Ember, Titania, Khora, Revenant’s not bad but he is boring, same with Octavia admittedly)

i just wanted his tankyness to come from his stats, not abilities because its hard usrviving as rhino without iron skin

4 minutes ago, vladoMNE said:

i just wanted his tankyness to come from his stats, not abilities because its hard usrviving as rhino without iron skin

then..... cast ironskin.

seriously. mr2 players get how to play rhino without dying. 

also. surviving as rhino isnt hard. period. he already has pretty high stats for a frame that new players can easily get.

2 minutes ago, vladoMNE said:

1- What you are looking for is Inaros.

2- Hard? Surviving as Rhino? Really? I hit 60k Ironskin regularly with him. The problem is not that he needs a rework. The problem is your build and how you play him.

2 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

then..... cast ironskin.

seriously. mr2 players get how to play rhino without dying. 

also. surviving as rhino isnt hard. period. he already has pretty high stats for a frame that new players can easily get.

people who dont use shield or health mods on rhino cant survive if there are energy leeches behind walls

2 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

1- What you are looking for is Inaros.

2- Hard? Surviving as Rhino? Really? I hit 60k Ironskin regularly with him. The problem is not that he needs a rework. The problem is your build and how you play him.

i get 80k ironskin regularly and when it falls off (which it does quickly) i cant survive if i have no energy and even if i do i have short time to recast it

Edited by vladoMNE

3 hours ago, vladoMNE said:

1st Ability: Kept same, except every teammate's health heals by 10% (scales with power strength, up to 25%) per enemy hit
2nd Ability: Removed iron skin, the new ability would sacrifice the amount of shields equal to rhino's missing health in order to replenish his health back to 100%
3rd Ability: Kept same, duration increased
4th Ability: Kept same, ignores 50% enemy armor and lasts longer

Stats:
Health: 2 500 (with umbral set, I cant do reverse percentages :/)
Shield: 3 000 (with redirection)
Armor: 450 (600 for prime)
Energy: 200 (on max rank)

ive thought about this rework again, i made so much mistakes here. i take everything back except that he should have more energy and i want iron shrapnel to be a built-in feature

19 minutes ago, vladoMNE said:

people who dont use shield[...]mods on rhino cant survive

People who use shield mods on any frame have no idea how to mod in the first place. this may sound hard, but it's the hard truth. I am not saying they are useless but only less than 5 frames out of 38 can make a use of it.

19 minutes ago, vladoMNE said:

i get 80k ironskin regularly

proof...because that one I doubt

36 minutes ago, vladoMNE said:

Hey i have an Iron Gunner build where i rarely use his iron skin. Id be happy to share it with you. Only change i want for rhino is how his iron skin interact with Nullys.

4 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Hey i have an Iron Gunner build where i rarely use his iron skin. Id be happy to share it with you. Only change i want for rhino is how his iron skin interact with Nullys.

do you have discord? my username and tag is vladoMNE#8986

rhino needs no rework...especially if the reworked result is just plain worse in every possible way. also...why do u call this a rework ? all u really do is remove iron skin which is so very very good so that by itself is already a bad suggestion but also basically the only real idea u propose since the rest doesnt really matter.

2 hours ago, Xydeth said:

rhino needs no rework...especially if the reworked result is just plain worse in every possible way. also...why do u call this a rework ? all u really do is remove iron skin which is so very very good so that by itself is already a bad suggestion but also basically the only real idea u propose since the rest doesnt really matter.

i literally took it back 2 days ago