Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Tenno controlled units register as dead

RacerDelux

With the ever growing number of abilities that can control units, I have one simple suggestion.
When a unit receives damage that would be fatal if not controlled by the Tenno, the game should view that unit as dead.

IE as Nyx, if your mind control target has taken enough damage that it will instantly die upon ability timeout - and you are in a defense - the round will end even if the unit is still "alive".
The same example is also good for Garuda. If your blood alter target would die upon ability timeout, the same would occur.

Finally, all "invincible" Tenno controlled units should be able to receive damage and store it - even if it does not affect the ability. Any Tenno should be able to do this. That way if I come across a random Blood Alter enemy, I can just wack it a few times to "kill" it.

I think this would be a very nice QOL change!

I remember on Devstream that they did mention Nyx's 1 changes include adding the damage stored on that enemy will go to killing it as well. Could we do that across the board for similar abilities to ensure that they go down afterwards?

47 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

When a unit receives damage that would be fatal if not controlled by the Tenno, the game should view that unit as dead.

Yes please, I've been asking for that in pretty much any Nyx rework topic I've come across, for like ... years now.

41 minutes ago, MezzoM5 said:

I remember on Devstream that they did mention Nyx's 1 changes include adding the damage stored on that enemy will go to killing it as well.
Could we do that across the board for similar abilities to ensure that they go down afterwards?

That's not a new thing, that's how Mind Control / Blood Altar / Parasitic Link work right now.

Or just don't have the units that are alive drag out waves to begin with, say 20%-30%-40% remaining should trigger the next one.

Same for assassins and syndicate deathsquads.

But if you manage to affect that remaining ~40% with Chaos or something similar, they should count as dead also.