Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Vauban Truly Is

(PSN)Shanefighter

Unlike most Vauban posts this is not an idea for a rework, but rather a reminder of who Vauban is. And who is he right now? Well right now, as it stands, he is a nobody. But the inspiration and theory of Vauban is still there, but with a rework far off on the horizon, I’m afraid people have forgot what that inspiration is. 

Vauban is our special ops frame. Vauban is our Batman, our space-Batman. He is the elite soldier that is only great because of how he has prepared himself and his intelligence. He is many people’s favorite because of his very human, and underdog feel. We can relate to him because he is not a tank, he is not a weapon of mass destruction, he’s not even the crowd control, but he is the soldier. Being this, he should take on the stealth role a whole new way. Instead of being invisible to the eyes of the enemies, Vauban takes their eyes. As the special ops, he should be the best at rescues and spies. Just like a real special op, he is in and out, blinding the enemy to cover his tracks. Vauban is not the demolitionist, not grenade-man, not is he the crowd-control king, he is our Batman and no other frame fits that role. 

Now I ask you, the community to rethink your Vauban ideas to fit the inspiration not the meta. Actually I encourage you to understand the inspiration of all frames and build your idea around that. Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)Shanefighter

So invisibility instead of Vauban's current passive?

That would work better with the frame's theme and kit but what would be the prerequisite for it to work? (as permainvis would be broken if you didn't have to work for it)

I also made some suggestions ages ago as to how to make Tesla and Minelayer more relevant, but probably couldn't find it anymore, but in a nutshell they could just make them synergise with the other abilities and have them inflict status effects accordingly.

Also Minelayer needs some tweaks to its energy costs as it's far outclassed by Bastille and even Vortex.

Just a gentle reminder that this is who Vauban really is

Sebastien_le_Prestre_de_Vauban.png

(To those who doesn't know, the above picture is of the french military tactician and engineer famous for his fortress building capability named Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban, Vaubans namesake and partial inspiration)

Booben is a tactician/engineer.  Not spec ops.  Though that would be an interesting role for a frame.  imo ash fits that better.

Anyway, his problem is that he has many ways of ccing but they're highly situational and next to useless compared to a lot of other options.

Simply giving him several layers of cc that function well would just over load his kit and feel disjointed.  I think he needs to become utility alongside support.