Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas

(PSN)iPoisonedFlint

il y a 16 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

It used to decay much faster you know.

But even if that's the case, I'm inclined to agree with OP for that one.
The fact that it drops on its own while you have no enemies to kill with teammates around to murder everything makes it kind of a pain to play.

It's interactive alright, but it's also pretty annoying on its own.
You're "conditioned" to press 3 and petrify everything you see at any given moment in order to refill what you've lost by just standing still.
Granted you're not forced to do so, but to get the best of your damage reduction you just kinda do it subconsciously and so every encounter turns into a 3+1 spamming fest.

Doesn't help that the ability feels clunky, prevent weapon usage for a few and only affects a few selected enemies in sight with a broken undefined duration.
Think it also stops status procs? I forgot.

side note ; I'm aware that using your 4 drops 100 worth of armor at your feet, but it's still a terrible way to self-boost it, takes long to cast and sounds awful when you spam it.

Anyway, that'd be a sweet little upgrade.
Wouldn't make him any better than other frames with actually useful abilities but eh, one of these days....

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

My suggestion for a rework prior to his prime release would be....

- Get rid of his shield, make him an HP only frame (increase his health)

- Make it so rubble only decreases with damage

- Remove his bulwark ability and switch it for either an A) Defense buff for him and his allies (stone armor) B) Another CC move that pulls enemies closer to Atlas that way it could synergize well with his 1 and 3.

- Make it so Rumblers have a petrify aura and while they're out,  they increase atlas's armor and nearby allies. Or change this entirely for a new ability...maybe some sort of Titan smash where he slams the ground with both fists causing damage and stunning enemies in an aoe.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Oooor get rid of his wall ability and replace it with a ability where you can become the boulder for as long as you please wile conteoling it and detonate at will dealing massive of damage to enemies in a 5 to10 meter radius with a small percentage of health being lost. And get rid of the rumblr ability or get rid of the conclave augment and make it so you can be the rumblr . As your a rumblr your armor and damage output increases with how much ruble he collects .

Atlas is in a weird spot, rock man has ridiculous dmg output, but has so much "meh" stuff too

his rock wall? meh

his golems? meh

petrify? not bad, but since it blocks status from being applied it can be annoying

if i ever were to change him: make his rock wall much bigger and have its rolly attack affected by melee mods so its actually worth using

make his golem's attacks affected by melee mods

(both of the above would result in a need to tweak the base dmg of both to avoid being OP of course)

remove the ragdoll from landslide's 3rd hit, make it a blast-like knockdown instead

remove rubble decay completely, maybe even raise the cap(also make rubble not ugly)

• Like 3

it would be neat if we could remove his shields and replace it with rubble

no more rubble decay, but rubble now act like shields to him, and instead of instant healing rubble, it will instead regenerating his health and each rubble picked up stacks regen

that would be pretty amazing

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎08 at 4:26 PM, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

But even if that's the case, I'm inclined to agree with OP for that one.
The fact that it drops on its own while you have no enemies to kill with teammates around to murder everything makes it kind of a pain to play.

It's interactive alright, but it's also pretty annoying on its own.
You're "conditioned" to press 3 and petrify everything you see at any given moment in order to refill what you've lost by just standing still.
Granted you're not forced to do so, but to get the best of your damage reduction you just kinda do it subconsciously and so every encounter turns into a 3+1 spamming fest.

Doesn't help that the ability feels clunky, prevent weapon usage for a few and only affects a few selected enemies in sight with a broken undefined duration.
Think it also stops status procs? I forgot.

side note ; I'm aware that using your 4 drops 100 worth of armor at your feet, but it's still a terrible way to self-boost it, takes long to cast and sounds awful when you spam it.

Anyway, that'd be a sweet little upgrade.
Wouldn't make him any better than other frames with actually useful abilities but eh, one of these days....

I like your thinking. But I think the purpose of the decay rate is to encourage a more active playstyle with Atlas (to go with the brawler theme) and to make his Petrify ability more relevant. However, that could all still be achieved if only the rubble armor cap were either removed completely or increased by 500 or so. Then it might be less annoying and make him more effective. Also, if his Rumblers could petrify enemies themselves and vacuum the rubble then that could really help.

You're right btw, Petrify does pause status procs.