Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EDIT: Chroma Prime: Corrosive Projection or Dead Eye

Grayfox1990

Question

Ok so I want to clearify this once and for all. I'm a chroma user. I live chroma and I run growing power on it but many ppl seem to think corrosive projection is better.

Why?

I use chroma for blowing up ships defeating bosses and eidolons. As well as tanking purposes. Greneer/corpus/infested, everything... Is corrosive projection so much better then growing power? In ALL situations???

If I take Cor. Proj. then I can't change my build anymore to growing power cause its an aura... So I just need to know for sure!

EDIT: I'm out of the Growing power vs CP thing but now is the question CP or Dead Eye?

Edited by Grayfox1990

23 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Grayfox1990 said:

Chroma prime came in with a V polarity. So I need to forma him again for a 7th time.

Would you like someone to power level you? :heart: 

This is my Chroma Prime by the way (Eidolon focused):

unknown.png

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Nah I'm ok going to buy a booster, need to lvl up akvasto prime and limbo prime and nekros prime as well but thank you for asking.

Anyway, so 1 vote for cor proj.

Edited by Grayfox1990

Growing Power was better before Chroma got nerfed.

I imagine it's no longer even close to CP against armor now.

Even before they were close but GP offers both offensive and defensive. There are a couple useful -- polarity Auras while GP is the only good V for Chroma.

I would go --- polarity. Not even the niche value of Steel Charge helps Chroma due to the dumb way his buff works now.

15 hours ago, Voltage said:

This is my Chroma Prime by the way (Eidolon focused):

unknown.png

No power drift? Also narrow minded? And no steel fiber? I would need to change 4 times of polarities more. Lol that would be 10 formas gone.

How much buff you got? 1000+? My mods aren't maxed out yet but still, I'm on my way to 335 strenght I think. I get 918 now but I'll hit the 1000 mark.

Edited by Grayfox1990

13 minutes ago, Grayfox1990 said:

No power drift? Also narrow minded? And no steel fiber? I would need to change 4 times of polarities more. Lol that would be 10 formas gone.

How much buff you got? 1000+? My mods aren't maxed out yet but still, I'm on my way to 320 strenght I think. I get 918 now but I'll hit the 1000 mark.

unknown.png

The build I posted was strictly for Eidolons.

1 minute ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Does a crippled range like that hinder game play at all? I've been suggested to avoid NM because the armor buff comes in handy

I crafted that build with a clan mate of mine who has played Chroma quite often in Eidolons and we concluded that this build would suit best. However, getting more range in there is totally an option. This setup is a little more selfish than other Chroma builds.

9 hours ago, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

no need to forma your aura slot.  just run dead eye.

Isn't dead eye only used situationally? Like when I would use a sniper only? Isn't cor projection better then? I'm using chroma just for everything so, except for situations like hydroid pilf or nekros despoil or if it's better to use trin, nova or mesa... I can do it since I need to lvl up some stuff anyway. So I can still buy a booster.

Allthough, I do have to say, I use chroma prime with my rubico sniper quiet offen now to kill bosses (eidolons included) and blow up ships. I also use opticor with riven to do the same except for eidolons, and for the rest I use boltor prime.

Edited by Grayfox1990

If you are using Chroma that much, I recommend you make two load out slots for him.  One for boss killing and Eidolons, and one for general use.  If you include the Sarpa with Shattering Impact into your boss killing loadout, then you have a way to reduce armor without the Aura mod.  That way, no matter how many or how few corrosive projections you run with, you can always reduce the armor to a small amount.  Being that the rest of the group should be running the Madurai school, they can't afford to waste void strike charges on stripping armor.  And even if they weren't, you don't want to split such armor stripping between multiple people, since you'll more than likely strip all the armor and lose the radiation damage buff.  Hence, the only player who should consider it is the guy running Unairu, which 99 times out of 100 is the damage buffer, which means you don't need to run CP.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying Dead Eye is better or worse, just that you don't need to mod it right now and you have an alternative.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

If you are using Chroma that much, I recommend you make two load out slots for him.  One for boss killing and Eidolons, and one for general use.  If you include the Sarpa with Shattering Impact into your boss killing loadout, then you have a way to reduce armor without the Aura mod.  That way, no matter how many or how few corrosive projections you run with, you can always reduce the armor to a small amount.  Being that the rest of the group should be running the Madurai school, they can't afford to waste void strike charges on stripping armor.  And even if they weren't, you don't want to split such armor stripping between multiple people, since you'll more than likely strip all the armor and lose the radiation damage buff.  Hence, the only player who should consider it is the guy running Unairu, which 99 times out of 100 is the damage buffer, which means you don't need to run CP.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying Dead Eye is better or worse, just that you don't need to mod it right now and you have an alternative.  

Wait so can I make a diffrent loadout with diffrent aura slots? That would be awesome!

But anyway, you are right though. Besides Corrosive Projection might be nice to have but 1, I do use other frames for other purposes and 2 Tridoloncaps and even eidoloncaps are runned with a team. Either you join randoms and they all have corrosive projection except for me cause I have dead eye, OR we make a team out of the recruiting chat and I mention that I have dead eye. Hell, for killing bosses and blowing up ships, whatever I do, there will always be one that uses corrosive projection. How many parties do you know where nobody has corrosive projection? It's every now and then but not constantly and even then we manage to win anyway cause hey we are OP ninja's right? 😛

Edited by Grayfox1990

11 minutes ago, (PS4)xstatic900 said:

not different polarities.

But you could have 2 chromas in your inventory and mod their polarities completely differently.  Something to think about if its your fav frame.

I was affraid you'd say that. Because 1 chroma prime was much more beautifull then normal chroma, 2 I can still add the dynasty skin and 3 my normal chroma wasn't even mod properly cause I couldn't add umbral mods anymore and I didn't want to forma him again since I have chroma prime,...,So I've actually removed normal chroma so that I have more space cause Limbo Prime is almost done now and Mesa Prime is on the way.

Guess I might need to go get him back in the future. Only frost is somewhat harder to get.

Edited by Grayfox1990

CP is going to be better.

As for the build, I use something unorthodox for my general (and only) build - 183% duration, 45% efficiency, 253% strength and 175%range:

CP  -  Handspring

Constitution, Primed Continuity, Vitality, Augur Reach, Stretch, Blind Rage, Intensify, Augur Secrets.   

Because the extra boost from more strength doesn't make that much of a difference, nor does Steel Fiber. If I really liked Chroma I could fit in Umbral Intensify + Vitality instead of the regular versions.

You already get a ton of survivability, it's not like you can make a build that will outlast the enemies, it's gonna break at some point anyway, so pushing that threshold just a little bit further doesn't make much sense to me. I think being able to give those buffs to the team is much better. Also, with this setup you need just one forma on Chroma Prime - for the aura slot. However, for solo play there's no reason not to increase strength further, of course.

The energy maintenance is fine if you got Zenurik. I also run Arcane Guardian and Grace. 

Edited by DarthKadra

19 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

CP is going to be better.

As for the build, I use something unorthodox for my general (and only) build - 183% duration, 45% efficiency, 253% strength and 175%range:

CP  -  Handspring

Constitution, Primed Continuity, Vitality, Augur Reach, Stretch, Blind Rage, Intensify, Augur Secrets.   

Because the extra boost from more strength doesn't make that much of a difference, nor does Steel Fiber. If I really liked Chroma I could fit in Umbral Intensify + Vitality instead of the regular versions.

You already get a ton of survivability, it's not like you can make a build that will outlast the enemies, it's gonna break at some point anyway, so pushing that threshold just a little bit further doesn't make much sense to me. I think being able to give those buffs to the team is much better. Also, with this setup you need just one forma on Chroma Prime - for the aura slot. However, for solo play there's no reason not to increase strength further, of course.

The energy maintenance is fine if you got Zenurik. I also run Arcane Guardian and Grace. 

In this case, I would need to 2 forma him just to change steel fiber for an Augur message cause of the duration, and the CP aura.

So to everyone: instead, of Growing Power vs CP, it is now Dead Eye vs CP. Gonna change the title to to see which people vote for what.

1200+ cap 3 forma Chroma prime, your mileage may vary but I've found this build to be very effective for eidolons, and a few minor changes for arbitrations.

Max Rank: Dead Eye, Power Drift, Flow, Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage, Umbral Intensify, Augur Secrets

Rank 8: Umbral Fiber and Primed Continuity

No range, no efficiency

Arcane Momentum and Guardian R3

Red Energy gives 696 extra health

54 second duration

1218% Armor

957% Damage

Rubico Prime: CD/MS-zoom riven, wildfire build with 6 rounds in mag, 763 cold, 694 radiation, one shot ez mode.  I have the same riven for my lanka, but enjoy the firing mechanics of the rubico more.  CC is absolutely unnecessary for a rubico riven, I've never failed to one shot a limb without it IMHO.

I tend to run Hikou for self damage, and atterax for voms, or I'll run staticor and Cerata built for blast/corrosive, however Cerata seems wonky on shrine island and does not one shot charge on the island, however staticor is nice for getting those pesky voms right under terry as its 8m blast radius nukes them in to their charged stat instantly.

For arbitrations (and any other content), the staticor can't be beat, if it even gets close to a drone it's done, and I have several staticor builds I play around with.  Keeping the V polarity aura allows me to swap in pistol, shotgun, rifle, growing power, all sorts of stuff, but the big one...

Use a nidus spectre for in game content that isn't eidolons, you could use it for eidos but again not necessry.....1356% armor and 1232% damage buff as soon as he links me.  Unless I'm planning a 9 year survival run, ain't nothing living with those buffs, corrosive projection just isn't necessary, I mean none of it is necessary, it's just what I've found to be mega effective for me.  Lots of ways to skin a cat, I enjoy this way.

Good luck with your decision.

Edited by Jeetkunedoh

3 hours ago, Grayfox1990 said:

In this case, I would need to 2 forma him just to change steel fiber for an Augur message cause of the duration, and the CP aura.

So to everyone: instead, of Growing Power vs CP, it is now Dead Eye vs CP. Gonna change the title to to see which people vote for what.

Dead-eye will add about 6% Damage to an 800% Damage Vex Chroma and that's assuming you're not using +%Damage mods.

Pretty much all the weapon amp Auras are trash for Chroma due to the way Vex works now.

They're kinda trash anyways outside some value for Steel Charge and Dead-eye for frames that aren't Chroma or with him.

A single CP will give you 42.86% more damage against Armor but nothing against unarmored. However shared polarity mods like Enemy Radar / Speed Holster are good Utility mods and Shield Disruption against Corpus is decent though no one seems to use it.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Dead-eye will add about 6% Damage to an 800% Damage Vex Chroma and that's assuming you're not using +%Damage mods.

Pretty much all the weapon amp Auras are trash for Chroma due to the way Vex works now.

They're kinda trash anyways outside some value for Steel Charge and Dead-eye for frames that aren't Chroma or with him.

A single CP will give you 42.86% more damage against Armor but nothing against unarmored. However shared polarity mods like Enemy Radar / Speed Holster are good Utility mods and Shield Disruption against Corpus is decent though no one seems to use it.

Great that's what I needed, Thank you! My decision is final, I'll forma him again for CP!

Edited by Grayfox1990