Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: The Coyote (Zanuka frame)

Voiditect

So for a while I've wanted a quadruped warframe, hopefully using the concepts of Alad V's Zanuka. This idea was kind of banged out at random with a decent amount of thought in it, but I'm open to any suggestions or corrections. Is it too similar to Valkyr? Is the passive balanced? Are any abilities unneeded? Give me feedback in the comments!

Spoiler

Coyote is another rejected Zanuka prototype, rejected due to having some issues with Alad V's control collar. The Tenno discovered that this was because a fragment of it's component warframe's consciousness had slipped into Coyote, rendering it closer to a Warframe than a Zanuka, hunter or otherwise. Although unable to wield melee weapons, Coyote's fast legs render it very speedy, and it can run across walls.

Coyote looks like a slightly smaller Zanuka, with blue mechanical parts and a white and blue main body. a MOA-like turret mount is between it's shoulders, where it stores all weapons (helpfully also obscuring the triggers and mechanically reloading them with no need for an animation other than maybe just the gun dropping down for a bit), along with it's missile launchers on the shoulders. Coyote's tail is a leafy Kavat tail instead of a short Zanuka tail. Syndanas go on Coyote's back, behind the weapon mount.

Description: A rejected Zanuka, Coyote shares a number of similarities with it's "sister" Valkyr. This powerful hunter's quick speed and brutal claws will leave your enemies no room to breathe while it's missile pods rain seeking death.

Coyote is a limber quadrupedal Warframe. It has an extremely fast movement speed, and is rather short, but fragile.  Most of Coyote's health is shields.

Health: 50 (150 at level 30)

Shield: 80 (300 at level 30)

Energy: 50 (150 at level 30)

Passive: Hunting Posture: Coyote cannot equip a melee weapon, instead using the Predator's Claws, an intentionally powerful melee weapon which deals mostly Slash damage, and attacks very rapidly with high status chance but low critical chance, and dealing much more damage as a knockdown finisher. The Predator's Claws are unique to Coyote and cannot be unequipped. He can also run across walls by holding space and has an unlimited aim latch. Coyote cannot run across ceilings.

Ability 1: Pounce: (costs 20 energy) Coyote leaps forward, dealing Slash damage to anyone in the way. This attack has high knockdown chance and high critical chance. Coyote jumps about as far as a standard double jump, and can be used midair. This is a 2-handed (pawed?) ability.

Ability 2: Stomp: (costs 30 energy) Coyote raises a leg and emits a short-ranged shockwave MOA stomp, dealing 20 Impact damage, and has a moderate chance of knockdowns. This is a 1-pawed ability.

Ability 3: Ordinance: (Costs 15 energy per missile fired) While 3 is held down, Coyote's back-mounted missile pods will start firing homing missiles at a base rate of 2/second, much like the Odonata Archwing's Seeking Fire. These missiles do a base 50 Explosive and 10 Impact damage. This ability is a 0-pawed ability, meaning it can be used alongside anything else, as long as 3 is being held down. One press will by default release 2 missiles.

Ability 4: Eradicate: (costs 70 energy, plus 15 each second after the first 2) Coyote pounces between all enemies within a 30-meter radius, dealing a special attack against each of them that deals additional damage or automatically using a finisher. Imagine like pushing a button ad going into Archwing melee mode. Coyote cannot use any weapons while performing this attack and is open to enemy fire.

5 minutes ago, GerberaOverture said:

dont know if you paid attention, but zanuka frame is basically valkyr

Yeah that was a big question I had, but I still like the concept behind Coyote. How could I make it more unique?
(also i don't have valkyr)

Edited by Voiditect

Quadruped Warframe is one of the concept that players have requested for a long time.

But I think a purely quadruped Warframe won't work with the way the game works.

However, a Warframe that becomes quadruped in its exalted form will work, and have a high chance of getting added into game as it require less animation work compared to full quadruped Warframe.

1 minute ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Quadruped Warframe is one of the concept that players have requested for a long time.

But I think a purely quadruped Warframe won't work with the way the game works.

However, a Warframe that becomes quadruped in its exalted form will work, and have a high chance of getting added into game as it require less animation work compared to full quadruped Warframe.

Yeah, a Warframe that can switch forms and use different skills with one of it's abilities? Perhaps I could retool Coyote to work with that (not as a Zanuka prototype, obviously)