Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Prime Rework?

iSkylines

Dear DE,

I feel that Mesa should have a slight tweak to her abilities such as her passive and her 1st ability. I understand that she is a gunslinger but losing HP for using a melee weapon can be slightly confusing given she did come with the redeemer. It would make more sense if certain weapons did affect her passive or just be able to remove it. As for her 1st ability “Ballistic Battery” there should be some kind synergy between all her abilities. Her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th abilities all work together except her 1st. Maybe being able to have it as durational ability or to just toggle it while in her 4th ability. I notice that with the latest reworks and latest warframes there is synergy between all their abilities. For example: Garuda’s abilities all work in link to each other. Her 1st provides a defensive/offensive state which works well with her 4th ability. Same with her 2nd and 3rd ability. Another example is Nidus who I think is the best example of perfect synergy. All his abilities help each other to make Nidus stronger which is perfect. Please give this some thought DE for I would like to see this happen to Mesa since her prime is coming out soon! 

Thanks,

iSkylines

DE didn't mention any intention to rework Mesa in latest DevStream. There was a hint of desire to rework Wukong since his Deluxe Skin is coming in the future.
But... Nothing about changing Mesa. I don't really think she needs much to be changed... All her abilities have a use in my opinion.

My only issues aare that 1st skill is way too situational and not as strong as it could be and i don't like that 2nd skill has the function to screw off and go work on some other guy (i was casting it on myself, not on my allies, isn't that right?).
3 and 4 seem to be fine as it is... Although i would rather prefer to have 3 as a channeling skill or at least ability to refresh it.

Oh, right, and she absolutely needs her passive to be adjusted. Nobody on this goddamn earth will trade melee for 50 health. For Life Strike jungie like me - that's not an option even for a second.

Dear DE,

I feel that Mesa should have a slight tweak to her abilities such as her passive and her 1st ability. I understand that she is a gunslinger but losing HP for using a melee weapon can be slightly confusing given she did come with the redeemer. It would make more sense if certain weapons did affect her passive or just be able to remove it. As for her 1st ability “Ballistic Battery” there should be some kind synergy between all her abilities. Her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th abilities all work together except her 1st. Maybe being able to have it as durational ability or to just toggle it while in her 4th ability. I notice that with the latest reworks and latest warframes there is synergy between all their abilities. For example: Garuda’s abilities all work in link to each other. Her 1st provides a defensive/offensive state which works well with her 4th ability. Same with her 2nd and 3rd ability. Another example is Nidus who I think is the best example of perfect synergy. All his abilities help each other to make Nidus stronger which is perfect. Please give this some thought DE for I would like to see this happen to Mesa since her prime is coming out soon! 

Thanks,

iSkylines

5 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

DE didn't mention any intention to rework Mesa in latest DevStream. There was a hint of desire to rework Wukong since his Deluxe Skin is coming in the future.
But... Nothing about changing Mesa. I don't really think she needs much to be changed... All her abilities have a use in my opinion.

My only issues aare that 1st skill is way too situational and not as strong as it could be and i don't like that 2nd skill has the function to screw off and go work on some other guy (i was casting it on myself, not on my allies, isn't that right?).
3 and 4 seem to be fine as it is... Although i would rather prefer to have 3 as a channeling skill or at least ability to refresh it.

Oh, right, and she absolutely needs her passive to be adjusted. Nobody on this goddamn earth will trade melee for 50 health. For Life Strike jungie like me - that's not an option even for a second.

But see thats what i am getting at. Every mesa player only really uses her 2nd, 3rd, and her 4th ability. I just think there should be some kind of syngery between her abilities. Atleast linking her 1st to her 4th. 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The more health for not having a melee is super redundant due to her 3rd ability basically rejecting all forms of ranged damage. Just throw a vitality on her, she’ll be fine.

I Apologize for the threads. Im stating that its a bit contradicting with her passive for how they have her released. I understand how to build mesa and how her 3rd ability works. Still doesnt change the fact that her passive is contradicting. 

Edited by iSkylines

1 hour ago, iSkylines said:

But see thats what i am getting at. Every mesa player only really uses her 2nd, 3rd, and her 4th ability. I just think there should be some kind of syngery between her abilities. Atleast linking her 1st to her 4th. 

And her 2 and her 3 have the bare minimum of gameplay attached to them. You cast them immediately after they expire, lather, rinse, repeat.

She doesn't lose any hp for using a melee, but gains hp for not using one. It's an optional, but small benefit.

2 hours ago, iSkylines said:

it would make more sense if certain weapons did affect her passive or just be able to remove it. As for her 1st ability “Ballistic Battery” there should be some kind synergy between all her abilities. Her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th abilities all work together

This is where you're wrong. You tap 1 and then 4 and shoot enemies, which almost instantly charges 1. Your next shot after tapping 1 again, will be put in to either Peacemaker, or your actual gun. Peacemaker doesn't need that extra damage on 1 shot as it does damage quick enough. You can save this charge for later when you have a strong enemy you want to knock down in 1 shot with your physical weapon.

Here's a quick break down.

• Passive - Dual Weld secondaries gain fire rate, single welded secondary gains reload speed. Which in turn translates to more dps in the long run. Bonus Health when not using a melee.
  • Ballistic Battery - Synergizes with Physical weapons by amping first shot.
  • Shooting Gallery - Amps your dmg(aka synergizes with physical weapons) and gives decent close range CC
  • Shatter Shield - Defends Mesa
  • Peacemaker - is a weapon

Her whole setup revolves around making your weapons better, and being a weapon in 3 skills, and 1 skill for defensive capability of her own 'person' which brings her around to being a pretty well rounded and balanced frame for shooting.

There's no need to change this frame. That's been done plenty in the past.

Edited by Alcatraz

1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

She doesn't lose any hp for using a melee, but gains hp for not using one. It's an optional, but small benefit.

This is where you're wrong. You tap 1 and then 4 and shoot enemies, which almost instantly charges 1. Your next shot after tapping 1 again, will be put in to either Peacemaker, or your actual gun. Peacemaker doesn't need that extra damage on 1 shot as it does damage quick enough. You can save this charge for later when you have a strong enemy you want to knock down in 1 shot with your physical weapon.

Here's a quick break down.

• Passive - Dual Weld secondaries gain fire rate, single welded secondary gains reload speed. Which in turn translates to more dps in the long run. Bonus Health when not using a melee.
  • Ballistic Battery - Synergizes with Physical weapons by amping first shot.
  • Shooting Gallery - Amps your dmg(aka synergizes with physical weapons) and gives decent close range CC
  • Shatter Shield - Defends Mesa
  • Peacemaker - is a weapon

Her whole setup revolves around making your weapons better, and being a weapon in 3 skills, and 1 skill for defensive capability of her own 'person' which brings her around to being a pretty well rounded and balanced frame for shooting.

There's no need to change this frame. That's been done plenty in the past.

Her 1st ability doesnt really benefit her peacemakers and I was referring to her first being able to be used continuously while in peacemaker. Im not saying changing her first all together im stating allow it to work better with peacemaker. Yes Mesa is very powerful and i do very long endurance runs with her (4hr+) but that still doesnt change the fact that with the lastest warframes and latest reworks DE tries to make abilities in synced with each other not necessarily with weapons. Im looking for synergy and the only abilities that do that with mesa is 2,3, and 4. Yes you can use your 4 to build up your 1 then use it on a strong enemy but what happens when you have multiple strong enemies she can only cast her 1 once. She has to then exit peacemaker to recast again. 

Not every frame needs or benefits from synergy, youd be hard pressed to not create an arbitrarily contrived feed back loop on mesas abilities.

Her 1 though is admittedly not that great and should be looked at eventually though what it could be turned into i have some ideas 

Like making her 1 a 6 shooter styled projectile skill that with each shot heats up the next substantially more than the last with the 6th being the strongest with the highest puncture and heat damage

Let it gain full power during her 4 with bonus stats from her regulator, or let repeated shots from her 4 heat up her 1 + bonus stats applied to it during her 4. 

But again thats an arbitrarily applied form of "synergy"

Only things I'd need with a Mesa rework is a new animation for Peacemaker with Mesa's Waltz, it's rather depressing having to choose between mobility or badass poses.

And she needs some kind of trickshot power.  Gunslingers are always about trick shots, shooting guns out of hands or ricocheting bullets with ridiculously implausible trajectories.

5 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Her 1 though is admittedly not that great and should be looked at eventually though what it could be turned into i have some ideas 

Would be cool to have the damage bonus apply to the entire clip of a gun. The only issue with that is if you're using a bow (clip 0) or her regulators (clip till the energy runs out or cancel the ability).

3 minutes ago, Mifune013 said:

Would be cool to have the damage bonus apply to the entire clip of a gun. The only issue with that is if you're using a bow (clip 0) or her regulators (clip till the energy runs out or cancel the ability).

Now that would be awesome but i doubt they would do something like that let alone tweak her 1st ability. I really hope DE does hear us out because everyone agrees her 1st can use a slight tweak but other than that she is perfect!

10 hours ago, iSkylines said:

Whats weong with her 4?

At first I wanted to say that everything, but then things like Revenant and others are a thing, so it's not that bad since you have to kind of aim.

Seriously, why the CLEM is Scott still allowed to design Warframes?
Wait Scott? ...not sure
...but pattern is obvious, 1/2/3 that do things but that doesn't matter because why bother when you can just press 4.

6 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

Well, I guess you are a Ivara main? I guess we should change Artemis bow too.

Back on topic. Yeah, the only change Mesa would need is a better passive or a 1 with more damage cap or something

I like Ivara but I do not main her.

and Artemis bow unlike Cheesemaker requires working brain cells to use, but I am aware of that not every WF player have these.

2 hours ago, blazinvire said:

And she needs some kind of trickshot power.  Gunslingers are always about trick shots, shooting guns out of hands or ricocheting bullets with ridiculously implausible trajectories

A little off topic, but that would be an AMAZING augment for her 1, giving it a disarm chance equal to the charge (so a guaranteed disarm at 100% charge) and still fit with the theme like you said. Or maybe just roll that into the power itself and boom: Ballistic Battery now has a reason to be used, Mesa players now have a reason to use all four power keys.

As for Mesa needing a rework? No. Her passive has three parts to it, and the health bonus for not using a melee weapon is easily the most dismissed. Lots of people complain that her 1 is pointless but it needs a small tweak if anything, not an entire rework. Her other three abilities are absolutely perfect if you ask me. I'd much rather DE show love to Warframes that truly need it first (like they're trying to do with Nyx and Titania) than tinker with top tier frames trying to make them "perfect"