Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas the titan of warframes!

(PSN)BR0TH3R_H00D_

Going by what others have said, along with my own ideas we got...

1 allow punch to hit walls to send out rock shards to cause damage.

2 allow charge to increase walls health

3 change armor increase to temporary health, like rhinos iron skin, but keep cap and I would say cap be based off power strength 

4 either change or buff rumblers

4a if changed, either an earthquake like ability, or rockslide, like frosts avalanche

4b buffing rumblers. Basically just allow them to petrify

5 remove his shields and add to health.

Ps I posted similar on another thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-16 at 1:39 PM, (PS4)negativ21 said:

My problem is this, but let me know if yall have had this too. 

Playing public matches with Atlas and trying to build up your armor via rubble, you have to be constantly running around spamming Petrify. If you have a high eff build thats not a problem, though you will sacrifice functionality from your other skills. Now, assuming i'm playing a mildly difficult mission with decent enemy spawns, I wont even have time to kill the enemies I have petrified. I find myself desperately petrifying every bad guy I can see, then running off to petrify more, then coming back within like 10 seconds to collect any rubble from my teammates kills. And this is how it stays. I tried this mostly on defense and survival, but I AFAICT I spent most of the time scrambling to keep my armor up and very little time fighting. Sure I was providing pretty consistent CC to my squad the entire time, but It wasn't fun at all. 

Maybe its just me and other people have had more success with this, lmk. Also I still found myself dying pretty quickly even with the max armor count. 

Also you can forget all of this if you are playing an easier mission with fewer spawns. Without enough enemy spawns you cant keep the counter up. Atlas being a slow frame with a mechanic which requires him to move to collect rubble doesn't help. Unless you built your Atlas as a melee frame who collects rubble as he fights, which I would like to hear about given how squishy he is w/o armor and sometimes still with armor. 

So,  I have my Atlas built like this...

Duration - 100% 

Efficiency - 175% (150 if I swap streamline for natural talent)

Range - 160%

Strength - 100%

I've been able to do 3 hour survival missions so far,  maybe further if I had the time.  

Also I use the jaw sword as my stat stick along with it's  syndicate mod that gives you 100% increased damage, increased movement speed, 25% health restore ect.

My rotation will be,  cast Rumblers before engaging (They draw aggro pretty good, giving you a good opportunity to set yourself up for petrify).  Petrify group,  go to smash town. 

I won't petrify every group either because,  Atlas is invulnerable during Landslide. However,  with high efficiency you can spam it quite a bit if you want.   I just tend use it on a group, pound them to dust and if there's any stragglers I just clean their clock and call it a day. 

On 2018-12-17 at 5:27 PM, (PS4)lockonstratos38 said:

Going by what others have said, along with my own ideas we got...

1 allow punch to hit walls to send out rock shards to cause damage.

2 allow charge to increase walls health

3 change armor increase to temporary health, like rhinos iron skin, but keep cap and I would say cap be based off power strength 

4 either change or buff rumblers

4a if changed, either an earthquake like ability, or rockslide, like frosts avalanche

4b buffing rumblers. Basically just allow them to petrify

5 remove his shields and add to health.

Ps I posted similar on another thread

Loving the sounds of it. Keep spreading the word!

His kit don't seem to benefit with more HP, even though his petrify heals him for a certain amount. Inaros kit has a lot of healing, so he is able to benefit from being an HP tank, though we see the downside all that HP at higher levels. How about we move away from HP and Armor and Shields and try something different given his theme of being an rock/Earth Frame. Instead, I think they should change the idea of rumbled armor to something like an resistance to all elemental effects at say % (toxic, slash, puncture, cold, etc.); like how we have Warframe Mods that give 60% to Fire Resistance, etc. The idea behind picking up rumbles should remain, but take away the overtime decay of it, because its pretty annoying. Also, they should add more to its animation because it looks very cheap. Give it flowers, more dirt drop animation, add some grass, the ground cracks when he runs under the armor effect,larger and more rocks etc. It looks really horrible given his theme and how skinny he looks. Also, I think they should have add this too, when he picks up max rumble, rock spikes form from his body comes out dealing a certain amount of damage to those within range, slash.

His Landslide could use a buff. They could add more status to this effect, which will allow it to scale much better.

His Tectonics is nice, but instead of using the ability to roll in a certain direction, they should have atlas pick up the ability and throw it. The splash damage should be effected by range mods and the damage should be effected by the amount of HP it losses. I think this would work well. The direction when triggering this current ability can be annoying.

His Petrify is a cool ability, but I think it should work how Nezha's Firewalker ability changed from channeled to Duration time. For example; instead of using Petrify per groups of mobs, they should turn it into a 30 second duration ability/aura with a certain max range/duration allowing mobs in range of this ability to turn into stone. Maybe the aura could have a cool effect to how the ability looks when you trigger it currently. The Rumble drops and the healing gather from the current effects should remain the same. Actually, they should also make it drop more rumble and healing orbs/loot for group synergy and give allies an option to pick up rumbles for a certain amount of elemental resistance; like how you can pick up the Kuva item, and on the mini map it should have a rock icon different from loot icon. 

His Rumblers should have similar abilities from his 1-3rd ability and every time he summons new ones, they too should have the Nekros or the Spectral effect meaning level scaling. Also, the augment for this ability need a buff. 

I think elemental resistance should play a role considering some players probably don't use this mod in their Frame builds. I never did, so it would be cool seeing a Frame use such an ability into their kit. Just a thought.

Edited by Mardomus

8 hours ago, (PS4)BR0TH3R_H00D_ said:

So,  I have my Atlas built like this...

You can keep the 1500 armor meter ip the entire time? I have a riven so stick to that weapon for my stat stick.

In other news, Atlas is in the running for the ugliest warframe rn, let's hope his deluxe changes that like it did for Mag. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

You can keep the 1500 armor meter ip the entire time? I have a riven so stick to that weapon for my stat stick.

In other news, Atlas is in the running for the ugliest warframe rn, let's hope his deluxe changes that like it did for Mag. 

For the most part, yes, except those situations where I just can't find anyone. 

Oh dude,  totally agree.  Though I really dig the grax skin... not a big fan of those flaps lol.  I think Atlas needs skins to make him beefier too, he's named after a Titan after all.