Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong's Passive

kasichyko

Since wukong's rework is imminent and soonish... i'd like to talk about a passive that I've always thought that would add a lot towards the whole "being a monkey" theme... what if his passive was a damage amplify whenever he is latching on walls / wall attacks? this would encourage monkey..ish gameplay, having him climbing on everything to attack / snipe... i dont know... i just think it would fit him quite nicely and make him more... fun.
Edit: ... and unique gameplay wise, as far as i know. Similar to how zephyr takes advantage of gliding

Edited by kasichyko

Only problem is that wall clinging limits you to ranged only as melee wall attacks are hard and unwieldy; further, wall clinging isn't even used much as it forces you to stay in place, which isn't good in high level content cause you're asking to be killed; although defy can help with that as you can't die unless you run out of energy or there's a nulli. Also, i personally like his current passive as it synergies with his staff; i hit things my staff grows and instead of shrinking after a second i know have 3 seconds to hit something, although i do wish it was a little longer like 4~5 seconds.

Only problem is that wall clinging limits you to ranged only as melee wall attacks are hard and unwieldy; further, wall clinging isn't even used much as it forces you to stay in place, which isn't good in high level content cause you're asking to be killed; although defy can help with that as you can't die unless you run out of energy or there's a nulli. Also, i personally like his current passive as it synergies with his staff; i hit things my staff grows and instead of shrinking after a second i know have 3 seconds to hit something, although i do wish it was a little longer like 4~5 seconds.

1 minute ago, AndouRaiton said:

Also, i personally like his current passive as it synergies with his staff; i hit things my staff grows and instead of shrinking after a second i know have 3 seconds to hit something, although i do wish it was a little longer like 4~5 seconds.

While it's true, Combo Counter Duration mods do a better job at it, making the passive redundant and greatly overshadowing it (I practically never run builds without Drifting Contact). So I hope he gets something better.

36 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

True, but as someone replied earlier... its quite a simple passive... nothing great about it that another mod cant do better...  now the trick about this passive would be to just get used to it. Some manouver to latch on a wall before shooting or a wall dash would be rewarded with a damage amplify... it is not something you'll be using the whole time... but  as i see it few of the warframes passives are something youre constantly depending on but more something you try to achieve to better take advantage of it. There could even be a workaround (mostly for open spaces like PoE) like for example that a charged (to avoid messing with iron vault) iron jab aimed anywhere to the floor lets you stick the staff to the ground and gets you latched on top of it. 

I had a rework proposal brewing, but decided not to bother. The passive in it was that Wukong's Combo Counter increases just from being around allies. The idea is that Wukong is nutso strong, but really unmotivated. So the inspiration of combat builds up his power levels. His abilities all scale with his combo counter too.