Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional Sortie Level Conditions: We need more variety! Suggestions:

Shanhardeen

I personally don't like how 1-2 of the 3 conditions in sortie mission (IE Energy Reduction, Augmented Enemy Armor, etc.) were used in the last sortie. It feels like there isn't too much variety in condition types. Here are some suggestions for additional conditions that could be added to the rotation:

Arbitration Drones: Arbitration drones are spawned in the level.

No Bleedout: When you get downed you're out.

Timed: You only have a specific amount of time to complete the objective and extract. Perhaps killing enemies could increase the time limit.

Vampire mode. You're health steadily declines. You are given innate heal on dmg buffs.

Swarm: Twice as many enemy spawns. Nearby enemies give each other increased health and dmg.

Electrified Floor: The level's floor heavily damages any players in contact with it on regular intervals.

These are just some ideas I thought would be fun. Anyone have any other ideas?

Ideas offered later:

Operator Only: Can only play mission using operator. Operator buffed.

Dragon Key: Like "secondary only" conditions, must equip a dragon key to join mission.

Friendly Fire: All weapons (Not Warframe abilities) deal damage to players (reduced obviously *thinks of player criting other player for 1 mil dmg*)

Edited by Shanhardeen
Additions

Arbitraation Drones: i haven't fought them myself yet, so can't tell yes or no. Probably yes.

No Bleedout: absolutely no. If that thing happens to be on sortie 3 - its over for anything that isnt Inaros, Nidus or at least Rhino.
Or Loki / Ash provided they never get hit.
Don't even get me on getting that one on some more hardcore bosses like Ambulas or Tela De Theym where people go down all the time because of artilery fire.

Timed: alright, sure, i like that one. Only forbid it on defense modes, or its going to be an absolute mess.

Vampire Mode: don't we have that alreaddy? Or its nightmare mission special?

Swarm: we get enough spawns as it is, i think. But would love to see it happening out of curiocity.

Electrified Floor: probably would be poorly balanced on some maps, particularly grineer galeons.
Or its just going to get countered by Titania meta or something.

My person suggestion: operators only.
Operators gain x20 health, innate health regen and somewhere between x5-x10 damage so that they stood a chance on sortie 2-3.

12 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Don't even get me on getting that one on some more hardcore bosses like Ambulas or Tela De Theym where people go down all the time because of artilery fire.

That's just because poeple either are just bad (I still see many Inaros die like flies in non sortie missions) or don't know how to mod or evade and facetank every bullet.

Give me any unmodded frame and I will defeat Kela for you without getting downed (in Sortie 3ofc)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

5 hours ago, Artek94 said:

No Bleedout: absolutely no. If that thing happens to be on sortie 3 - its over for anything that isnt Inaros, Nidus or at least Rhino.
Or Loki / Ash provided they never get hit.

Since you haven't played arbitration, you might not know that no bleedout is part of it. People play all kinds of frames in arbitration without getting downed to lvl 100+ enemies. It's not asking much, and I don't even see inaros, nidus, or rhino that often in those levels. 

Vampire Mode: don't we have that alreaddy? Or its nightmare mission special?

It's only on nightmare missions rn. I would like to see it as a sortie condition though.

Timed: alright, sure, i like that one. Only forbid it on defense modes, or its going to be an absolute mess.

Of course there would be exceptions to some of these.

My person suggestion: operators only.
Operators gain x20 health, innate health regen and somewhere between x5-x10 damage so that they stood a chance on sortie 2-3.

I like this idea. A little heavy on the buffs, I think, but a good idea.

I was thinking you could also add these conditions:

Dragon Key: Similar to "Secondary Only," You must equip a dragon key.

Friendly Fire: All weapons (not warframe abilities) deal damage to other players.

1st: i like all your ideas besides the "electrified floor" ... ok no i just changed my mind, i like it 😄

If it does so much damage that you have to be jumping from wall to wall and cant be on the ground for a long time, it might be interesting.

It should be a %-dmg, so all frames are affected more or less equally and it would probably also mean it cant completly kill you, a enemy still needs to shot you.

2nd: I think whats way more important is this:

They really should match conditions with certain mission types.

In at least half of the cases, the conditions doesnt affect the gameplay at all - augmented enemies in a spy, who cares?

But the "electrified floor" in a Spy for example, that could make a difference and make you play the mission in a totally different way.

If you are jumping from wall to wall to get to the console, it might actually feel like you are a spy and infiltrating, not just speedrunning from point to point with 4 lokis for example.