Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more leveling on onslaught!

bibmobello

5 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

What better places, please elaborate. I'd be ok with your request, just point me to the place where I can level a weapon from 0 to 30 in 2 waves.

The only thing I'd like to advocate is, if you're going in naked, at least use Trinity or Oberon or something that helps that Saryn nuke the map, because sitting with Rhino afk in the corner is plain annoying.

i use hydron to leveling stuff, 3 or 4 waves and you are done...

1)Saryn will kill the map till the first 8-10 waves, after that if you don't have strong weapons and frames to contribute the damage you will die.

2)Saryn to reach his overkill potential needs to sacrifice armor, shield and vitality, this means if you appear near a toxic ancient you are dead.

BTW i am not saying leveling stuff is a player fault but an error from DE. IF they give better prizes to complete hard levels, people would be more encouraged to go further.

Edited by bibmobello

There would be no other point of Onslaught if that was removed. I do onslaught for two reasons:

1. Leveling weapons

2. Focus.

For example 2 days ago I got my Zarr. I leveled it in two 8-zoned runs. Then I forma it 3 times and leveled it 3 times again in six 8-zone runs. One run I did 0-28 ranks with my Volt Prime. 

I also did my full daily cap of focus during that.

And that is the sole reason anyone do this game mode.

I used Hydron then akkad to level up my stuff before Onslaught. Even after Onslaught i still used that to level up and have to say... ESO is sadly better since you get way more Affinity and Focus out of it.

Seriously, i dont even like this game mode, for me its the most boring game mode that exists, pointless slaughtering without an end or break. Not even the fun kind of endless slaughter like you are holding your ground inside a trench or behind sand bags or whatever, its just moving around and around and killing at the same time. Tires out fast...

So the only reason i go there (and i hate going there but i still do because the affinity and focus) is exactly that, if i fast want to forma out my weapons and get some affinity at the same time if possible.

Next you will complain about "Why is everyone only playing Saryn or Volt or other map Nukers, makes this mode boring and not challanging" well.... it already is, to late pal.

DE listens to the community a lot, but as much as there are every day new topics of people complaining about ESO and people leveling, or using only map nuke frames, THIS will not change for sure. Since these people still dont get the real meaning of Onslaught, it IS just there to farm for focus or affinity. People wanted a better way to farm Focus, there you go DE said, what did the people say instead of using the frames that will give you and the team the most focus? Dont PLAY the warframes giving you the most focus....

Best people in Warframe: The people that quit the round early because cite: "I dont get any kills" PLEASE go to Call of Duty, and let us REAL Warframe players alone

This one time i say sorry for beeing that way, but i just needed to say it out because im ANNOYED as hell of all these people always QUITING after zone 1 or wave 1 or whatever NOT getting the point of the GAMEMODE.

@DE PLEASE add a kind of filter so early game leavers are always matched with early game leavers, so that people quit before zone 2 or 3 and that 3 times in a row thats surely not a coincedence. Match them together and add a way so people doing only a short match can chose that on the beginning on modes like defense. I mean like Short and Long (short leaving on wave 5 but still beeing able to go longer. Long you cant leave before wave 10 or 15 or whatever)

The only people actually killing the fun in Onslaught are the people always complaining about the Map Nukers and people leveling and then quiting themselves on the first damn zone!

il y a 13 minutes, (PS4)Zero_029 a dit :

To be fair this was what people asked it to be, they also asked for it to be a way to farm focus, they also claimed that making the mode a challenge that would allow them to push their masterfully crafted builds to their limits till they could go no longer would be a mode they'd play endlessly.

Yep i agree on everything but in point: ESO fails for that. It's an AoE DPS arms race where nothing but extreme AoE DPS works. 

It's also set up in such a way that the problem is the timer and not the enemies which means you're booted out by efficiency when enemies still tickle. 

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Never tried lvling there tbh because it's literally leeching.. doing nothing but getting that XP from other's work..

But according to this thread I should try it.. fortuna is here in two hours, so.. ^^

Have no fear. It was said many times on the forums by veterans/high level players (including myself) that we don't mind undergeared or low level players, as long as they're trying to do their part and stay close to the group. What we do really mind are AFKers.

When I sign up for a mission with a random group, I'm aware that I agree that I'll have to do everything by myself, because most probably will 1 player be drunk or stoned, another will be an 8 y/o kid and the last one a clueless person that just wants to shoot and has no clue how to mod properly. 😉

Whoever has any expectations towards PuGs and complains about them, they only have themselves to blame.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Never tried lvling there tbh because it's literally leeching.. doing nothing but getting that XP from other's work..

But according to this thread I should try it.. fortuna is here in two hours, so.. ^^

The problem is that people are doing it wrong. If you bring an EV Trinity along with your rank 0 weapons, you still end-up being extremely useful to the team.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

All we get in arbitration’s and the sorties are statues. Is that considered crazy good, I don’t think so. I hope to never get another statue again, but that’s all I seem to get

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...

When WF gives you endo... Max mods and sell them? 🙂

The more you remove from a gamemode, the less it will be used, ESO does not grant resources, you are there to gain the rewards and that's about it, the affinity is an extra.

If you remove the affinity gain or make it so only fully ranked weapons can enter, you are there for the rewards, this means the gamemode has a very short live because once you get the rewards, there is almost no reason to be there, sure you can use the extra rewards to gain platinum, but overall you are at the mercy of rng so even that becomes questionable.

I understand your concern, afterall i also use elite onslaught to lvl up equipment (i still contribute nontheless, i don't risk my account by being afk), but limiting things further isn't the solution.

More broad rewards should keep things interesting, like resources or new mods.

31 minutes ago, Orgoon said:

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...

When WF gives you endo... Max mods and sell them? 🙂

But endo is more useful for medium high master levels to fill their mods, for people with everything maxed out it's pointless.

BTW On arbiters you get 5000 endo about  for 40 minutes. To fill a primed mod you need 40000 endo...This means you have to play almost 8 hours of arbiters to fill it.

And all this if   you don't fail the mission, you don't die and if you find a decent squad which doesn't exit after 10 minutes...

13 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

BTW On arbiters you get 5000 endo about  for 40 minutes. To fill a primed mod you need 40000 endo...This means you have to play almost 8 hours of arbiters to fill it.

If you know of a faster way to earn 400 plat, I'm all ears...

26 minutes ago, Yousho said:

If you want to do a serious onslaught run, you should probably get a group from recruitment. 

I don't see the problem with it, personally. 

In my humble opinion the game itself should incentivate the players to find harder challenges and  i should not ask for recruiting to play a game(considering 99.9999% of recruiting is for farming only). Farming is nice but when it becomes grinding(the pejorative term of farming...), overall when an ACTION game ceases to offer any challenges.

Without SKILLS, arcanes, rivens,  and full Rare mods, endless missions are REALLY HARD after a while!! But if no one play them is's pointless to farm them...

Edited by bibmobello

Eh, i "leech" and bring a lvl 0 weapon but at least i bring a rhino roar buffer build for the dps that i get matched with or ev to help the dps sustain energy.

Dont see anything wrong with it, still killing things and playing support, just not bringing the best gear.

54 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

But endo is more useful for medium high master levels to fill their mods, for people with everything maxed out it's pointless.

And all this if   you don't fail the mission, you don't die and if you find a decent squad which doesn't exit after 10 minutes...

If you were farming endo on arbitrations you would "find" a decent squad on public, you would recruit people who are willing to go as long as you agreed on.

9 minutes ago, clxrffdman said:

Eh, i "leech" and bring a lvl 0 weapon but at least i bring a rhino roar buffer build for the dps that i get matched with or ev to help the dps sustain energy.

Dont see anything wrong with it, still killing things and playing support, just not bringing the best gear.

The problem becomes relevant if i bring everything maxed out and i wanna go further i  will not able to...

For arbiters they should introduce rotation C, D and E as well. More i survive more endo il will get the next waves considering after 60 minutes it will become pretty impossible if you don't have a tank with the +300% bonus.

Edited by bibmobello

Different thread, same issue, people being lazy and blaming matchmaking for their lack of effort to make a party when going into matchmaking you all but sign away your ability to complain about who you're paired with.

They need a damn warning every time someone signs up for public matchmaking that matchmaking is not responsible for any randoms you run into not being 100% on the same page as you, like a ToS that needs to be read all the way to the bottom in order to say "Yes I agree."

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Different thread, same issue, people being lazy and blaming matchmaking for their lack of effort to make a party when going into matchmaking..

Blaming matchmaking?!?!?! WTF are you talking about?

i have more fun with players with a master  level  5 or 6 trying to do their  best to go further than 20+ ML trying to Leveling their stuff...

Edited by bibmobello

17 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The problem becomes relevant if i bring everything maxed out and i wanna go further i  will not able to...

The thing is, if you really wanted to go far in eso, survival, whatever endless, you would recruit a squad

People can leave 10 min into an arbitration and thats okay, they are fully entitled to that right

As such, if I want to leave after 4 waves of eso instead of the 8 that others do, anyone has the right to do so.

Thats like expecting everyone who goes into mot to always be there for 3 hrs.

Edited by clxrffdman

Just now, clxrffdman said:

The thing is, if you really wanted to go far in eso, survival, whatever endless, you would recruit a squad

People can leave 10 min into an arbitration and thats okay, they are fully entitled to that right

As such, if I want to leave after 4 waves of eso instead of the 8 that others do, anyone has the right to do so.

Thats like expecting everyone who goes into mot to only be there for 3 hrs.

This is another big problem of warframe! In some missions i want to go exit first(because i am tired, i need to go the bathroom, i have a life...) i just can't! i need at least 2 people to extract... C'mon  let me go out and have my rewards...

2 hours ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

DE PLEASE add a kind of filter so early game leavers are always matched with early game leavers, so that people quit before zone 2 or 3 and that 3 times in a row thats surely not a coincedence. Match them together and add a way so people doing only a short match can chose that on the beginning on modes like defense. I mean like Short and Long (short leaving on wave 5 but still beeing able to go longer. Long you cant leave before wave 10 or 15 or whatever)

No thank you. You don't want Early leavers? Make your own group. When I'm done leveling a weapon, even if it's only the first wave, I'll get the hell out. That's the point of the game.

6 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Blaming matchmaking?!?!?! WTF are you talking about?

i have more fun with players with a master  level  5 or 6 trying to do their  best to go further than 20+ ML trying to Leveling their stuff...

Make. A. Team. It is not rocket surgery. You want to go far, you make a team, you don't have a right to tell others in a public matchmaking session how to play the damn game.

22 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Dear DE can you stop to allow leveling gears on onslaught missions?

I think it's pretty stupid , there are better places to Leveling weapons and frames. Even on Elite you find every fkn time people with only 1 weapon at level 0 and bleeding out practically when the mission starts...

Im coming in with my EV Trin. I bring my Arca Plasmor. Im bringing a 0 lv secondary and 0 lv melee. Why? Because I dont need either one in the mission. And FYI- I do Elite thru wave 8 every time. Never had a complaint nor a mention of my weapons.

Ember Prime/WoF plus Sonicor - 0 lv primary 0 lv melee. No complaints there either.

BUT... in your defense, I have seen the ridiculous and agree that people should not have everything 0. If you have that much issue, maybe you should find an active clan and only run with clan members to ensure you have a crew that can do it instead of running in Pugs.