Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Proposition For De To Avoid This Type Of Backlash Again

SynisterDoom

Well as we've seen a majority of the now unitellegible community is experinceing some pretty critical bugs. 

Now even though no one at DE as comfirmed this, we can guess that you guy's dont have anyone to alpha test theese updates and hotfixes. 

I'm hoping to change that because i really love warframe, it has alot of potentiel and i want it to go very far. so it can rival even tf2.

So. heres my idea

Why dont you guy's configure a server for use of 8 clients (two tenno cells) and on it load up a custom alpha tester's map room. where theres one mission of each type with each tileset avilable to the update tester's Now here's the bestest part

why dont you recruit people from the community to be theese Update tester's 

Unpaid, of course. and a confidentiality agreement. saying that if we leek any information our status as a tester can be terminated.

Please +1 this if you agree that this is a good idea! i really want to help DE out and avoid horribly terminal bugs like this agian

-edit-

Welp since they have a QA team maybe after the QA team gets ahold of the update the 8-man team can run through it abit more. testing things that they didnt get around to. to help minimize the bugs

Edited by Akiba_Broax

i think they have a quality insurance team allready, and we are here to test the rest, some bug may appear only when a tone load of ppl are loged and cant be seen in a test server

i would imagine they would if they were a bigger company but remember DE is still really small. and i dont think they can acually do that :c

Or you know, don't release big updates on Friday when the team takes the weekend off.

yeah that would also help, but the bugs would still exist and people would complain. plus we know that most of the WF team peruses the forums so im sure they're already coming up with idea's before they come back to work. 

DE has it this way for a reason. It would also take so much more time to have 8 people online and willing to try out the patch than to release it as they do now. So we get bugs here and there. That's a thing we have to risk in an open beta environment. Lots of content pummped out, not all of it good. It is the way of the beta.

i think they have a quality insurance team allready, and we are here to test the rest, some bug may appear only when a tone load of ppl are loged and cant be seen in a test server

Agreed.  They've got a QA team that tests alphas before field release.

DE has it this way for a reason. It would also take so much more time to have 8 people online and willing to try out the patch than to release it as they do now. So we get bugs here and there. That's a thing we have to risk in an open beta environment. Lots of content pummped out, not all of it good. It is the way of the beta.

I wish more people remembered this.

They have a QA team, but even then, stuff can slip past them. That's where our job comes in.

This game is in beta for a reason; they expect major, potentially gamebreaking, bugs to appear in the game and leave it up to us to report it/discover it. If they weren't expecting stuff like this, then they would've just fully released the game, not state that it was an Open Beta.

The definition of what a "beta" is has changed over the last few years though - I'm not sure, but is Warframe the first to have paid services in an unreleased game ?

Bugs are to be expected however, although some of the ones that make it to live are so blatant it's mind blowing. I'm not sure if the QA team are dedicated or simply seconded programmers and the like, I suspect the latter.

Nethertheless, I enjoy this game, a lot, regardless of how randomly they change things and how oddly they handle thier business model. Also, I kinda like Canadians, thier like Americans with a healthy dose of nice added, and a bunch of "lets go bomb them!" removed :P

Edited by Keltik0ne

The definition of what a "beta" is has changed over the last few years though - I'm not sure, but is Warframe the first to have paid services in an unreleased game ?

Bugs are to be expected however, although some of the ones that make it to live are so blatant it's mind blowing. I'm not sure if the QA team are dedicated or simply seconded programmers and the like, I suspect the latter.

Nethertheless, I enjoy this game, a lot, regardless of how randomly they change things and how oddly they handle thier business model. Also, I kinda like Canadians, thier like Americans with a healthy dose of nice added, and a bunch of "lets go bomb them!" removed :P

literally the most perf description of canadians ever.

And no APB had scandalously high prices for its premium market during its open beta. and it's fully relased now. even though the people who run ti are horrible

I like how OP called the community unintelligent and then continued to spell "experiencing" wrong.

Otherwise, I'd be up for it, or a sneak preview would always be nice too.

Or Hot Topics that weren't "TL;DR" of the Livestream, and actual answers to the things we want to know.

Sub-beta would be nice.

It just makes sense, especially since the PS4 release incoming, with a crowd less tolerant with coding error shenanigans. As it stands, this really isn't a beta, merely a buggy game with a player majority not interested in pushing the limits of the code to make sure it's up to specs.