The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life support problem

-NightmareMoon-

I mean really, can DE please add a beeping sound or something when the life support is below 10%, I'm so tired of being in a survival and no one, even me forget that life support is a thing, drop to 0 and everyone dies, this is so common in arbitrations for some reason and it's getting quite annoying.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

mind you, that Lotus does already warn you when Life Support is low. two stages of warnings, actually.
(granted i can't remember if such warnings are still present in Arbitrations off the top of my head)

Edited by taiiat

Its already there, index and survival both. You just zone it out as everything else. I dont see it as anything but the player's fault. Its not like you appeared on that mission by accident, so a lil bit attention towards life support\index timer isnt a hard thing to do.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

mind you, that Lotus does already warn you when Life Support is low. two stages of warnings, actually.
(granted i can't remember if such warnings are still present in Arbitrations off the top of my head)

She does warn you, but it's bugged or something because I've had several incidents myself where her messages stop playing for a while, this happened to me recently when I was past the 50 minute mark in a 1hr survival causing me to run out of oxygen and I never heard the Lotus say anything.

The warning systems need to be reworked and have flashing lights and such added to it so players will realise something is up, basically make the oxygen meter or the defence/rescue NPC health bar flash a lot when they're low. Or fix whatever bugs are causing the Lotus to stop talking when we need her to.

Lotus already warns you and the life support display flashes red >10%.

Managing life support is the entire objective of the mission type. If you aren't paying attention to that value then it's your fault and if you're zoning out and miss it then you should probably be doing something else.

Also some people are the absolute madmen that use the towers at 0% to get the bonus 2%. Having some obnoxious warning would just make this playstyle impossibly annoying.

This is a great idea that a lot of other games have. Warframe has a major problem of not clearly notifying players of important events. Klaxxons, flashing screen borders, intensifying beeping at very low survival meters (ex. <10%) i.e. nearing defeat conditions are standard fare in virtually any decent game. Why Warframe didn't already have this has mystified me for ages.

Lotus announcements are both ineffective and inconsistent. There is no urgency whatsoever in her voice. It wouldn't fit her character IMO, but the job must be done, so why *not* blaring sirens and flashing lights that no one ever complains about in other games? (Or, you know, just make it an option players who appreciate it can enable.)

3 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

I mean really, can DE please add a beeping sound or something when the life support is below 10%, I'm so tired of being in a survival and no one, even me forget that life support is a thing, drop to 0 and everyone dies, this is so common in arbitrations for some reason and it's getting quite annoying.

lotus does give you a warning to consider extracting at 20% always has

4 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

Arbitration’s warning system in Survivals definitely need to be checked because there are time where i would be doing fine with killing until i look at the LS and it’s at 30% so i had to run to a LS Tower because nothing let me know about it. In normal Survivals, the lotus do warn me about it but sometimes, i can make myself run out of LS still when i try to not die from lvl 100+ or lvl 200+ enemies while trying to keep killing the enemies.