Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tweak Collision-boxes, invert dispel effect, ...

Pacheon

It is not a hidden secret, that Digital Extreme recycles classes and item behaviors.

We saw that back in 2014 with Vauban's Vortex and Zephyr's Tornado (remember that ridiculous high jump, like gravity was literally nonexistent?), weapon behavior, an almost identical Garuda pre-release 4th ability mechanics copied/mixed Vauban Vortex and Revenant Disco Whirlwind, ...

The same does also apply to an Operator's Void Dash, AMP behavior, and the Kitgun Catchmoon's "hitbox", which literally copies the previous mechanics.

All three instances are not able to: go through foliage nor trees, while the mesh is quite small -> it will hit stuff in a huge radius where it makes no sense and won't pass through it / bypass it, cannot dash/shoot out of a lake/puddle, if you are in water, sometimes it failes shooting through your own MOA-Companion's Statis Field ...

Would you be so kindly and fix this by adding independent structures ingame and code a proper collision scale to the game? This will help lots of players to actually calm down and not getting annoyed by getting stuck at every corner, every "bedrock solid" foliage or else.

I even saw "clothes" (more like rubber) vanity items which are literally leaving a hand-width space between a warframe shoulder and the actual item's mesh-bone. It shouldn't be hard tweaking that one, if someone already made a collision bone on a frame/item/projectile but not scaled it properly -> that will require just a small adjustment.

As I started to play Warframe again in mid 2017, I have also noticed an awful collision box on the player itself, it is like you are getting stuck at every edgy pixel ingame. I lost counts of how many times I started to swear since a little fence or a simple hinge hindered my approach to run and bullet jump fluently and kept dying because of reasons ... And the overall "Ninja-ish" movement design isn't like in the past. You are more clumsy, sluggish and dull nowadays.

Same for the sake of fluent gameplay ... either of them is killing players: Getting mechanically dispelled after a drop down from the navmesh/map and getting teleported back or host migration doing that for you. Back in 2013, there was no such crippling behavior in this game. You fell off somewhere? You stayed invisible! You got migrated into another session? You kept your Iron Skin! Please disable this nonsense.

1tsCrVN.png

It happens all the time ...

I love this great and free game you guys made in the beginning till 2015 (while me personally not completely agreeing with the changes, I kept tolerating them as a player; RIP Synapse), but I slowly start to think about getting completely off this game, removing it, giving my account away or do whatever it takes to make my account inaccessible. It doesn't do any good to me. I would like to play this "Warframe" as a fun game. As a game where I can stop thinking about real life stuff and start enjoying my freetime, feel myself challenged and motivated to keep going on, and yet I have plenty of moments where this game keeps getting onto my nerves for listed reasons and I am probably not the only one complaining about that. All these listed points are no challenges, they are an annoyance and make things worse which they shouldn't be!

Make Warframe Great Again!

Edited by Pacheon