Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for weapon diversity

PERSONA-NON-GRAKATA

This would hurt the game actually.

Basically, "Let's have Weapon Diversity by forcing players to use weapons they don't like."
This is an amazing way to kill the fun factor of the game.

Also, the New Player experience in this game is bad enough. The LAST thing they need is durability when they have less than a handful of weapons to choose from.
I've had a few friends recently join the game & I've been FACINATED in watching them progress.
I've also come to see how all the Weapon revisions, MR locks, & other updates have helped the mid to late game experience but have seriously hurt the beginning/early game experience.

Right now, the most "progressed" friend has nothing but Flawed mods aside from a "Fast Hands, Streamline, Ammo Drum, & Magazine Warp" and he just reached Mars. However after farming Vor he managed to get a Seer, through the Solar Rails he has obtained blueprints for: Boltor, Fragor, & Furis.
Altogether his arsenal is: MK1 Paris, Lato, Skana, Heat Sword & Excalibur.
So adding in durability he'd essentially have to stop playing once he runs out of durability because he didn't farm enough to craft the new weapons as he's still learning the game or heaven forbid he sells the BPs because he doesn't know better.

He's already hit a slight wall where he's feeling discouraged because he dislikes the crafting times on these items. Under my advice he farmed the mats & some regular mods (Those I listed he got as drops). But adding in durability he would essentially be smacking Grineer with his bare hands before he has the materials to craft new gear...well until Excalibur is out of Durability. Then he'd just have to use some of his starter plat to force repair his limited loadout

Moving on to veteran players.
Why should I be punished for using my favorite weapons?

This is essentially what Mobile Games do with "Energy" to limit player time & try & force players to pay with cold hard $$$. I respect that you wish to create more diversity but this is a terrible idea.

The best way to create diversity would be to create a form of "upgrade" system that allows players to upgrade the stats on Weapons in order to keep them relevant.