Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable Mining,fishing and Skate during bounty would be good

IgnatiuSgaming

2 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Tell me, is more than 50% of the players on the forums for this? 

If a majority of the player base is out there enjoying the game, is it actually a good idea to make changes based on the few? 

Only when the few have a legitimate concern that the many have overlooked but, not when they're simply being childish. 

Always document it. Leeching is in violation of User Guidelines. I've gotten people banned for it, and I always ask them to join the mission and do it properly if and when I notice they are abusing and taking advantage of other players. If they will not comply, I will tell them that leeching is a bannable offense and I have been documenting the process from start. Should they yet again fail to comply, I will go and make a ticket. Not my problem if they chose to violate the rules. 

They're not going to (nor should they) restict people's options in the open world. You're there for bounties, great. They might be there for fishing or mining with the option of bounties if they want to partake. You can't force them to participate, nor should they be.

If anything, the suggestion should be that there should be a proximity you have to be within to qualify for that stage's bounty rewards. That's it. A simple fix that lets people play as they want.

Edited by KokoroWish

No, it wouldn't be good idea.

We gotta teach leechers that leeching is bad, rather than just avoid the confrontation by disabling everything.

What else? disable chat cause some people are toxic?

This is wrong way to go. If we, as a whole "older gen" gamer base will not teach new generation of Fortnite kids how to behave, they will not learn. 

10 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Always document it. Leeching is in violation of User Guidelines. I've gotten people banned for it, and I always ask them to join the mission and do it properly if and when I notice they are abusing and taking advantage of other players. If they will not comply, I will tell them that leeching is a bannable offense and I have been documenting the process from start. Should they yet again fail to comply, I will go and make a ticket. Not my problem if they chose to violate the rules. 

Could you point me to where in the User Guidelines "leeching" is outlined?

13 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Tell me, is more than 50% of the players on the forums for this? 

If a majority of the player base is out there enjoying the game, is it actually a good idea to make changes based on the few? 

After the HUGE thread where people are calling for a kick option I would say... DUH! A HUGE amount of people are for it. That's actually an idea that's more palletable than a kick option(and Im for a kick option)

Just now, ThumpumGood said:

After the HUGE thread where people are calling for a kick option I would say... DUH! A HUGE amount of people are for it. That's actually an idea that's more palletable than a kick option(and Im for a kick option)

Don't get confused 13 pages can literally be just 10 people arguing. 

That doesn't account for several million players. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Don't get confused 13 pages can literally be just 10 people arguing. 

That doesn't account for several million players. 

I have been playing 4 years. And in that time I have met 10s of thousands of people. You would be surprised how many people say something along the lines of wanting to kick some one. Turning off the ability to mine or fish during bounties is a far more acceptable than a kick option from both a player and a business perspective. Why you wanna keep it? Are you one of the jerks that make it harder on everyone else in the party by not participating in the bounty? Cuz that's what it sounds like to me.

11 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I have been playing 4 years. And in that time I have met 10s of thousands of people. You would be surprised how many people say something along the lines of wanting to kick some one. Turning off the ability to mine or fish during bounties is a far more acceptable than a kick option from both a player and a business perspective. Why you wanna keep it? Are you one of the jerks that make it harder on everyone else in the party by not participating in the bounty? Cuz that's what it sounds like to me.

For one, I often play in "Friends Only" with my clanmates, and we will have 1 player solo the bounties (which we can do with ease at this point), while everyone else farms resources (fishes, animals, etc). Then at the end of the run we redistribute resources, making our time in the Vallis much more efficient. This is no different than when we split up between an objective and a synthesis target in any old mission, or between objective and gathering medallions on Syndicate missions. Should we also prevent players from doing these side objectives, while the rest of the group chases after the objective? I personally don't think that's the way to go.

I doubt that the lack of side activities will deter leechers from getting more out of their time on the Vallis than you do from chasing the bounties. Just as easily as they went after fishing/mining/conservation they will go after Toroids, spore-hunting or any other kind of resource grind that adds to their grind over just the bounty.

A kick option would however solve this problem; if you can remove leechers from your party (and have them host-migrate to their own instance), you'll have removed any chance they have of "tricking" the party into granting them free resources. This alternative also gives parties that agree to split objectives for greater efficiency the freedom to do so, and as an added bonus, allows for better party management when preparing for Sortie/Eidolon Hunts/etc.

Edited by Vosenedich
Grammar

3 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

No, I solo when I want to farm. Sometimes I accidentally pug up and depending how I'm feeling I will either leave or help them, usually leave unlike can tell I'm the host, because I know how it feels. 

I really don't care if they leech off of me, I'll get the mission done regardless. I prefer the route that we get rewarded for their farming also, sense they are getting our rewards... I don't think punishment is the right answer. 

I personally hate pug system and think they promote trolling. But the entire game is instance based so it's kinda necessary. 

But from what I can see the player base is less vocal as a whole than when console had UI changes, about this subject. 

I don't think punishing what appears to be the larger end of the player base is wise. A kick option can be abused even outside of this. 

It's from my experience that soloing a spy sortie is more ethical than a pug so nobody can get mad at someone else. 

Sure it starts with leechers, but then people start kicking because they don't like someone's loadout. 

7 minutes ago, Vosenedich said:

For one, I often play in "Friends Only" with my clanmates, and we will have 1 player solo the bounties (which we can do with ease at this point), while everyone else farms resources (fishes, animals, etc). Then at the end of the run we redistribute resources, making our time in the Vallis much more efficient. This is no different than when we split up between an objective and a synthesis target in any old mission, or between objective and gathering medallions on Syndicate missions. Should we also prevent players from doing these side objectives, while the rest of the group chases after the objective? I personally don't think that's the way to go.

I doubt that the lack of side activities will deter leechers from getting more out of their time on the Vallis than you do from chasing the bounties. Just as easily as they went after fishing/mining/conservation they will go after Toroids, spore-hunting or any other kind of resource grind that adds to their grind over just the bounty.

A kick option would however solve this problem; if you can remove leechers from your party (and have them host-migrate to their own instance), you'll have removed any chance they have of "tricking" the party into granting them free resources. This alternative also gives parties that agree to split objectives for greater efficiency the freedom to do so, and as an added bonus, allows for better party management when preparing for Sortie/Eidolon Hunts/etc.

Then skip Cetus and go into PoE and do the missions that pop up while everyone farms. We arent talking about you 4- we are talking about the people in PuGs who just run off and farm making it hard for the rest of the group. There is 2 option here to solve the problem. Kick option or disable fishing and mining during bounies. Pick one or provide a solution.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

No, I solo when I want to farm. Sometimes I accidentally pug up and depending how I'm feeling I will either leave or help them, usually leave unlike can tell I'm the host, because I know how it feels. 

I really don't care if they leech off of me, I'll get the mission done regardless. I prefer the route that we get rewarded for their farming also, sense they are getting our rewards... I don't think punishment is the right answer. 

I personally hate pug system and think they promote trolling. But the entire game is instance based so it's kinda necessary. 

But from what I can see the player base is less vocal as a whole than when console had UI changes, about this subject. 

I don't think punishing what appears to be the larger end of the player base is wise. A kick option can be abused even outside of this. 

It's from my experience that soloing a spy sortie is more ethical than a pug so nobody can get mad at someone else. 

Sure it starts with leechers, but then people start kicking because they don't like someone's loadout. 

Then skip Cetus and go into PoE and do the missions that pop up while you farms. We arent talking about you - we are talking about the people in PuGs who just run off and farm making it hard for the rest of the group. There is 2 option here to solve the problem. Kick option or disable fishing and mining during bounies. Pick one or provide a solution.

Edited by ThumpumGood

pretty much all teh bounties can be done with one person at all levels. as annoying as it is when someone is leeching its not like you going to crash and burn. ask them to help. if they dont. they open themselves up for reporting. but locking things out is NOT the answer. they will just go do something else to spite you. 

13 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Then skip Cetus and go into PoE and do the missions that pop up while you farms. We arent talking about you - we are talking about the people in PuGs who just run off and farm making it hard for the rest of the group. There is 2 option here to solve the problem. Kick option or disable fishing and mining during bounies. Pick one or provide a solution.

It's yet to be confirmed that matchmaking only pairs playwrs with bounties.  There's a chance that when loading into the plains you get paired with someone doing a bounty while you aren't. 

Best solution would be to prevent public pairing unless they have bounties, period.  

Or, ya know, the old standby of making your own team.

3 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

NOTE I SAID BOUNTIES and no ALL missions. Read what;s being said instead of replying to reply

My solution: Adding players to your ignore list prevents them from puging with you in the future. 

Making us unable to farm while running bounties ruins @Vosenedich play style, and others like him/her, which I agree is much more efficient with their method. -it seems being ignorant of this is ok. 

I'm MR 25 on Xbox, starting over on switch. I can tell you puging in PoE and getting carried while I get less than 8% damage because Saryn or whoever is murdering the map isn't fun. 

And I'm told I have to participate (which I still do) so you don't feel entitled to kicking me? (Even though my help didn't even matter). 

Ok so here is my deal allow kicking. But abusing it for anything other than leeching in bounties is a ban able offense. For all parties involved. 

17 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Kick option or disable fishing and mining during bounies. Pick one or provide a solution. 

One is abusable. The other penalizes everyone for the actions of a few. So neither of them seems better then how things are now. In fact they seem like a worse issue.

Maybe try advocating for people needing to be in a general area to recieve rewards. People who play the bounties get rewards. People who go off to fish or mine don't. People who can do both, like the people who can't keep up with someone nuking the area, or people waiting for teammates to catch up; benifit from both.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

My solution: Adding players to your ignore list prevents them from puging with you in the future. 

Making us unable to farm while running bounties ruins @Vosenedich play style, and others like him/her, which I agree is much more efficient with their method. -it seems being ignorant of this is ok. 

I'm MR 25 on Xbox, starting over on switch. I can tell you puging in PoE and getting carried while I get less than 8% damage because Saryn or whoever is murdering the map isn't fun. 

And I'm told I have to participate (which I still do) so you don't feel entitled to kicking me? (Even though my help didn't even matter). 

Ok so here is my deal allow kicking. But abusing it for anything other than leeching in bounties is a ban able offense. For all parties involved. 

If you're there in the fray, you're participating. The discussion is about the guy on the other  side of the map in a cave mining or fishing. And you're right... tying it to the ignore list is a good idea. Why this isnt a thing already is beyond me. But making a leap of logic that says it's never been in the game and every time it's been suggested, it's been shot down says it's never going to be. So... we're left with the 2 other suggestions which is kick or disable. I would much prefer the ignore list option.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

One is abusable. The other penalizes everyone for the actions of a few. So neither of them seems better then how things are now. In fact they seem like a worse issue.

Maybe try advocating for people needing to be in a general area to recieve rewards. People who play the bounties get rewards. People who go off to fish or mine don't. People who can do both, like the people who can't keep up with someone nuking the area, or people waiting for teammates to catch up; benifit from both.

The problem with that is the bounties themselves. Everyone in the same place for "Kill so many" or "get so much money" and the spawns die. You need to be spread out to get it done. I thought of that. But ignore list idea is probably the best. Why force players to play with people they dont want to.?

2 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

If you're there in the fray, you're participating. The discussion is about the guy on the other  side of the map in a cave mining or fishing. And you're right... tying it to the ignore list is a good idea. Why this isnt a thing already is beyond me. But making a leap of logic that says it's never been in the game and every time it's been suggested, it's been shot down says it's never going to be. So... we're left with the 2 other suggestions which is kick or disable. I would much prefer the ignore list option.

Ignore option is already in game.  The main issue is that it seems to be based off the hosts list, so if they haven't ignored someone But you have, they still get on the team. 

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ignore option is already in game.  The main issue is that it seems to be based off the hosts list, so if they haven't ignored someone But you have, they still get on the team. 

Ignore is not tied to grouping so you could end up with people that are on your ignore list.