Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons vs Revives vs Rewards

Primordus_

I came back to the game recently and ive been doing some eidolon hunting everyday (with randoms), its a lot fun and interesting. ive been running chroma+lanka builds, and i wanted to try volt+lanka. i forgot that volt's defences are nothing compared to chroma, my bad, so i was going down pretty quickly. when we finished capturing gantulyst i ran out of revives (im kinda new to this and playing with random people, it took some time for us to cap). so i tried to play safe with hydrolyst but went down after the first limb. teammates couldnt revive me. so i died and waited until my team captured hydrolyst. when they finished the mission. i ended up with nothing. 0 rewards. wasted 30+ mins for nothing. I guess some people have already experienced the same thing here.

I hope DE understands that this hunt isnt some 5 mins capture mission. for a casual player 4 revives for 3 eidolons isnt enough. 

In my opinion there are 2 ways DE can fix it.

1.  4+ number of eidolons captured, so you"ll get 6 in total)

2. Let players keep the rewards they got before they died

1st solution may seem like a cheat, too many revives. 2nd one is the best fix i can think of. 

Edited by Primordus_
Spell check

This is a side effect of a very poorly implemented anti-AFK system.

Some people think it's a punishment for dying, but I think that's a load of tosh. It's a punishment for being dead for a certain amount of time, often due to the actions of teammates who don't revive you, as a result of a system that was implemented for another goal entirely. If you put in the work, you should get the reward, period. This isn't some hardcore Souls-like. The fix is to remove the reward loss for being immobile for a minute, as it's not doing its job.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

43 minutes ago, Primordus_ said:

for a casual player 4 revives for 3 eidolons isnt enough. 

ahhh those sweet memories when we only had 4 per day and had to purchase new ones with platinum

Use Rank 3 Arcanes, each one gives you +1 Revive

Nope. Then there's no incentive to be good/play. This kind of punishment is ok imo. Too many people revive themselves instead of waiting even so I come to rescue. Some even hold X while they are revived at 50% :facepalm:

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then there's no incentive to be good/play.

Uh, yeah, there is. The same incentive there always was. The game does not need this "punishment", which, by the way, wasn't designed as such to begin with. You put in the work, you get the reward. You shouldn't be completely robbed of it because you happened to be immobile or dead for a minute and a half.

What if somebody is dead for a second less than that time? Have they magically earned the right to their loot? No, because it's not designed as a punishment, it's a rubbish side effect, and it has absolutely no place in this game. It does not make it more skilful or hardcore or challenging. It's simply bad design.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

51 minutes ago, Primordus_ said:

I came back to the game recently and ive been doing some eidolon hunting everyday (with randoms), its a lot fun and interesting. ive been running chroma+lanka builds, and i wanted to try volt+lanka. i forgot that volt's defences are nothing compared to chroma, my bad, so i was going down pretty quickly. when we finished capturing gantulyst i ran out of revives (im kinda new to this and playing with random people, it took some time for us to cap). so i tried to play safe with hydrolyst but went down after the first limb. teammates couldnt revive me. so i died and waited until my team captured hydrolyst. when they finished the mission. i ended up with nothing. 0 rewards. wasted 30+ mins for nothing. I guess some people have already experienced the same thing here.

I hope DE understands that this hunt isnt some 5 mins capture mission. for a casual player 4 revives for 3 eidolons isnt enough. 

In my opinion there are 2 ways DE can fix it.

1st solution may seem like a cheat, too many revives. 2nd one is the best fix i can think of. 

question is why didnt anyone revive you? also the eidolons have telegraphed moves. i stopped taking in pets because they die to easily and i use volt for hunting in pugs. the only time i go down is if i forget to switch to operator mode when reviving other people.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

48 minutes ago, Primordus_ said:

@EinheriarJudith I & another guy went down and i was pushed back by the wave, they couldnt get to me in time. they werent bad.

not get to you in time with both archwing and k-drive? i find that hard to believe. i can understand dying alot because of being new to a fight but dying enough times to run out of revives? feels like some info is missing here.

it was with random players. 2 of em were low ranks. they were relatively new to the mission as well, took some time to get the first two eidolons. They had to survive hydrolyst and they were reviving the other guy when i went down for the 4th time. maybe they didnt see me going down i guess. i wouldnt blame them. it wasnt a pro eidolon hunt, some players were just trying to have fun. you cant expect everyone to be so good at it.

2 hours ago, Primordus_ said:

it was with random players. 2 of em were low ranks. they were relatively new to the mission as well, took some time to get the first two eidolons. They had to survive hydrolyst and they were reviving the other guy when i went down for the 4th time. maybe they didnt see me going down i guess. i wouldnt blame them. it wasnt a pro eidolon hunt, some players were just trying to have fun. you cant expect everyone to be so good at it.

im not trying to say people are bad. the eidolons have telegraphed moves, operator void mode protects both you and the frame from all damage which is why i said that i stopped taking pets (they are excluded from this protection).

the only thing i expect from people who queue for the hunt are for them to learn the eidolons moves and to use the tools provided to them as best they can. when people arent good at something they usually try to learn the basics and practice to become better.