Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We are gods walking.....if we use cheese?????

(XBOX)DShinShoryuken

Greetz and howdy hiya hey

I am curious....

Are we actually good at playing this game or do we add layers of cheese and then complain about our 7 Layered Cheese dip playstyle?

I saw a post that someone new to the game was having issues with Ember Spectre in a Junction. They were using a Frame that had no cheese and in that fight, they were getting beat down. Then the replies came and most were about just cheesing through the relays (will let you all guess what was the most told tactic to use...). And then I came here to see a post about another new user having issues with a node. Low and behold, cheese was offered to help them get through it.

Do we vets just cheese the game and then tell others that have not reached our levels of FORMA power to "git guud"? Or do we actually know the game is stronger than us so we cheese it to get the upper hand? 

Play on....

Lol why is everything cheese to you? Where's the line? is hard CC cheese? Is soft CC cheese? What about survivability abilities like Iron Skin? What about weaker ones like Nezha's shield? Nekros Shield of Shadows? Mesa's Shatter Shield? What about high armor? High health? Is a max-ranked Redirection cheese?

Again, this "every mechanic is cheese, or the only ones I deem worthy of not being cheese because I see them as 'fair' " is really stupid to be quite honest. 
By that logic, literally everything ever invented and put into the game is cheese. A better amp to fight eidolons is cheese, bullet jumping for a sculpture run is cheese. See how dumb this sounds? 
Games have mechanics, and mechanics to deal with those mechanics. It hasn't been a new concept for ages. It's called progression, not cheese. Smh.

6 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Games have mechanics, and mechanics to deal with those mechanics. It hasn't been a new concept for ages. It's called progression, not cheese. Smh.

There is A LOT of cheese when you get BIS geared compared to other games, tought. Sometimes WF reminds me MU online, when i actually played it, like... 11 or 12 yers ago? Anyway, there you was allowed even to bot because for the average mobs it was nearly impossibile to kill you, you just had to spam aoe in a respawn point.

27 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Lol why is everything cheese to you? Where's the line? is hard CC cheese? Is soft CC cheese? What about survivability abilities like Iron Skin? What about weaker ones like Nezha's shield? Nekros Shield of Shadows? Mesa's Shatter Shield? What about high armor? High health? Is a max-ranked Redirection cheese?
-snip...snip....snip-

It's called progression, not cheese. Smh.

Having those and using them while watching Netflix and surfing on your phone while a macro does the work could be cheesy.

They can also be the height of someone's skills and they canno go further. It is relative to how one is playing as well as ones view of achievement.

The line, for myself,  is when one person tells another to do something that they found easy to do, efficient for the clearing and looting, yet requires barely any thought or action on the person, and they are bored doing it themselves. That sounds like cheese to me. It is Blanka Electric Shock in Street Fighter 2 with a tubro button held down. It is using Knights of the Round Table in Final Fantasy on every fight encountered while you make a sandwich. It is in the game....but you barely interact with the game as you did when learning it for the first play.

I have nothing against progressing. It is one of the things I attempt to do daily. But if a new person says they are finding something hard and most players tell them to use X to pass it since they are so beyond that area of play, think we are missing the point of playing as new players.

Cheese is good with crackers and meats....I ain't so much a fan of giving it to players asking for advice. 

Play on.....FORTUNA is LIVE on Xbox Live!!!! DE_Steve doing his feed.....

I need you to define cheese, because for me, it seems to have a different meaning. I consider "cheese" to be a method used to totally bypass the difficulty of mission in a manner which allows the player to not even have to engage in the mission; usually centered around an exploit or loophole; e.g., interrupting the code of a boss that forces it to not attack you or get stuck in a wall.

I do not consider using the best mod set up for a warframe to be cheese.

Being able to complete content in warframe is like filling a coctail glass. You need to fill it with your arsenal, knowledge and skill. You can fill it with more items and less skill or vice versa. Once it's filled the rest become cheese. You can add more and more cheese if you have. But becareful if you're in a party, people may disgust you. 🙂

12 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I need you to define cheese, because for me, it seems to have a different meaning. I consider "cheese" to be a method used to totally bypass the difficulty of mission in a manner which allows the player to not even have to engage in the mission; usually centered around an exploit or loophole; e.g., interrupting the code of a boss that forces it to not attack you or get stuck in a wall.

I do not consider using the best mod set up for a warframe to be cheese.

I agree. "Cheesing" is generally reserved to doing things devs DIDN'T intend, mods are presumably fully intentional.

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

The only stat that counts is your Hacking stat unaided....

But ... what is a Cipher? I don't remember using a single one since I started and never placed them on my gear wheel.

Using your response to Azlen as your definition of cheese, no. I don't do that and I don't tell others to do it. When I sit down to play a game it's because I want to do something I enjoy. So that's what I do, and that's what I encourage others to do when asked.

32 minutes ago, Orgoon said:

BTW, who doesn't like cheese, doesn't deserve to live either.

Are you secretly intolerant of those who are lactose intolerant?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Warframe is about bling bling (fashion, gear), whine and cheese.

You forgot salt

2 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Greetz and howdy hiya hey

I am curious....

Are we actually good at playing this game or do we add layers of cheese and then complain about our 7 Layered Cheese dip playstyle?

I saw a post that someone new to the game was having issues with Ember Spectre in a Junction. They were using a Frame that had no cheese and in that fight, they were getting beat down. Then the replies came and most were about just cheesing through the relays (will let you all guess what was the most told tactic to use...). And then I came here to see a post about another new user having issues with a node. Low and behold, cheese was offered to help them get through it.

Do we vets just cheese the game and then tell others that have not reached our levels of FORMA power to "git guud"? Or do we actually know the game is stronger than us so we cheese it to get the upper hand? 

Play on....

Well, I remember a thread from a guy who wanted for DE to ban, remove or nerf Condition Overload because he made a specific build with Oberon that allowed for millions of damage. A specific build.

So you tell me.

Lately i am about gettong 50% or higjer headshot kill ratio. 

Is that cheese? 

Seriously tho "cheese" is a broad term. It depends on the specific. I like to think i avoid spamming the worst offenders, like chain AoE hard CC map lockdowns or other such thing, but for others those might not even be cheese. 

Cheese also depends on the content you play. If you stay at starchart/sortoe level and below, full umbra inaros with adaptation and a passive healing mechanic is definitely cheese since you literally cannot die even when afk. If you do endurance mot/mot nightmare then it's definitely not, when a random nullifier can take your HP out in 2k chunks. It depends on the perspective. A lot of the frames i use are cheese worthy for the first 90-100 mins and then they become fun. 

That said i really enjoy my blade dancing banshee which is a very tight fit Silence build i refined through the years and that's the least cheese you can possobly have in this game tbh. It's very refreshing.