The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arch weapons as ground weapons..

(PSN)teacup775

The corpus stuggling to do anything significant with an archweapon just proves a point about them. They are mostly eh.

Yet, I think you have something that could be hilarious and hugely dangerous at the same time on enemy AI. Even funnier would be one blowing up everything (tenno and allies).

It’s similar to the charms playing with self lethal weaponry (put that ridiculous mitigating mod in the attic, there is no challenge otherwise in this game 😉 only a fool warframe is likely to be a real threat, but to ourselves).

The weapon classes would need real attention to become anothet meh cosmetic.

2 hours ago, TheEternalJester said:

Knowing what DE did with the AWs when they were put on the Plains, I'm expecting a huge debuff for them once we get able to use them on the ground.

Well, we know that it'll limit available weaponry. Most likely you won't be able to bring a pistol, which means you have to build all-rounder for your gun. So, that should be equivalent for the archwing 'incoming projectile' debuff. Maybe something to do with Ammo as well.

And the range nerfs were because Archwing levels have bloated scale. That's why resources and resource containers are so big in AW. So the Grattler will have a 35 metre range as opposed to 350 metres... oh no? I'm also going to predict we'll get a plains camo skin for the Grattler based on the Tusk Grattler since, well, free skin on DE's part since the textures are already in the game.

So, I'm not too worried. Mods might be a problem but they're introducing new ones with Fortwona so I'm withholding judgement.

On 2018-12-10 at 11:49 AM, mikakor said:

What do you mean? What have they done?

They hammered the damage on AW abilities WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down. Stuff that would knock out level 30+ AW enemies in one shot fails to kill a similar level ground troops out on the plains.

22 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Well, we know that it'll limit available weaponry. Most likely you won't be able to bring a pistol, which means you have to build all-rounder for your gun. So, that should be equivalent for the archwing 'incoming projectile' debuff. Maybe something to do with Ammo as well.

And the range nerfs were because Archwing levels have bloated scale. That's why resources and resource containers are so big in AW. So the Grattler will have a 35 metre range as opposed to 350 metres... oh no? I'm also going to predict we'll get a plains camo skin for the Grattler based on the Tusk Grattler since, well, free skin on DE's part since the textures are already in the game.

So, I'm not too worried. Mods might be a problem but they're introducing new ones with Fortwona so I'm withholding judgement.

Its not the loadout that bothers me (Hell, nowadays I find myself using only my sidearm or melee more times than my primary), and the range isn't super bad nerf but as long as it isn't as overdone as the hammer they dropped on AW's ability damage.

3 minutes ago, TheEternalJester said:

They hammered the damage on AW abilities WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down. Stuff that would knock out level 30+ AW enemies in one shot fails to kill a similar level ground troops out on the plains.

Its not the loadout that bothers me (Hell, nowadays I find myself using only my sidearm or melee more times than my primary), and the range isn't super bad nerf but as long as it isn't as overdone as the hammer they dropped on AW's ability damage.

Okay, this is bullS#&$ a little, gotta admit.

Hope they don't do the same thing with the heavy guns.