Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva store.

Psik0x

Hi DE and Tennos

I would like to propose a way in which we can re-purpose all those crafting items that we have by the millions in or inventories, How about a kuva exchange store in which you give away a certain quantity of items for kuva? 10K Nanospores for 100 kuva (for example).

By doing this many players could go to farm any given material in the game with the extra benefit of gaining some kuva if they want to. Pls comment your thoughts about it.  *Sry for my English*

It would have to be a resource that can't be bought with plat or traded. (To stop $ for slotmachine)

The exchange rate would have to be insanly poor. (So long time players wouldn't lose all incentive to do kuva missions)

The net result would be outcies like with the amberstar bp.

So all in all, nothing would be gained.

I certainly wouldn't mind putting the abundance of resources I have to use and getting some some extra Kuva~  Even at an extremely poor rate.
While having a super abundance of both common and rare resources isn't really a problem, nearly all resources feel like a dead mechanic after a while. Can't remember the last time I actually paid attention to any of my resources outside of Kuva or Cetus/Fortuna stuff.

I imagine it would also be humorous at first to see people spend all of their resources on Kuva, and then become frustrated when they don't have the resources to build a new item. 😛

It's hard not to get the impression DE is happy with riven cycling as-is. Even in "listening" to the massive feedback requesting any kind of kuva scaling in kuva fortress survival, we got exactly 0. This is an interesting idea but I think DE is completely against mitigating the current amount of time needed for riven gambling currency.

1 hour ago, Cicasajt said:

u see, this is what a reasonable idea looks like. dissolving rivens into kuva in some way

You see, giving a reasonable counter-proposal instead of a flat "no" is called being constructive. Which you are obligated to do.

At the very least you need to explain why you say "no" so that the original idea can be polished to resolve problems with it.

1 hour ago, --Raid-Master-Qued said:

I would like to change unwanted rivens for kuva instead of endo...

Yes, please.

This conversion should also factor in the number of rolls and current fusion level.

5 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

You see, giving a reasonable counter-proposal instead of a flat "no" is called being constructive. Which you are obligated to do.

At the very least you need to explain why you say "no" so that the original idea can be polished to resolve problems with it.

Nop! Jus like de governmint say, jus sai "no" 2change! /s

Now that that's out of the way, it never made sense to me to use kuva for rolls and such, yet endo comes from the mod? Seriously? Come on, at least give some consistency here. That's simply one aspect of it, further writings later down in the thread.

Edited by Mach25

no. the problem with kuva isnt how it is gained. most of the reasons behind even trying to increase gaining kuva stem from the RNG nature of rivens. if the max amount of kuva spent rolling rivens were 1200 and not 3500 this issue would not even be an issue.

instead of trying to turn kuva into another resource that people will just have too much of DE should work on the riven system.

I agree, OP. Since riven re-rolls cost so much kuva, in its current implementation, having huge stacks of these abundant resources serve no purpose - therefore, it makes sense to swap this stuff out for kuva. I was speaking with the gentleman above me earlier, he proposed something a bit similar along these lines. I don't want to write a page detailing what all he said to avoid hijacking the thread (though I think it would be a very, very good hijack, even though rude - a bit contradictory, no?), but the gist of it was something like this: instead of having all this stuff just sitting in your inventory, what if you could exchange it off for useful materials? If you don't do anything, it will begin to deplete after a certain time, therefore this would keep players engaged in the game and getting what they actually need to build. Granted, there will be certain adjustments made to the idea, I imagine, but the concept was rock solid, though my recollection may be off just a smidge. Diab, if I missed anything, please correct.

14 minutes ago, Mach25 said:

Diab, if I missed anything, please correct.

What you're thinking of is a bit different; it was aimed at eliminating player resource stockpiles and replacing them with an immersive sustainable gameplay loop.

To prevent player playtime from being wasted, any decayed resources would be automatically converted into something else (e.g., Standing, Credits, Endo, etc.) by queuing them for donation or sale to chosen in-game factions.

I hadn't really planned for conversion into Kuva, but Kuva would have been one of the non-decaying resources due to the nature of its use.

6 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

What you're thinking of is a bit different; it was aimed at eliminating player resource stockpiles and replacing them with an immersive sustainable gameplay loop.

To prevent player playtime from being wasted, any decayed resources would be automatically converted into something else (e.g., Standing, Credits, Endo, etc.) by queuing them for donation or sale to chosen in-game factions.

I hadn't really planned for conversion into Kuva, but Kuva would have been one of the non-decaying resources due to the nature of its use.

There it is, that trademark perfect reasoning. 🙂

I knew I was missing a step, thanks for clearing that up!

Edited by Mach25

13 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Yes more kuva so we can have god roll rivens and be super OP would be nice. 

Not  every player gets good rng.   Have alot of rivens that took 12-20ish rolls to be functionally useful.   I don't own any perfect or even close to perfect rivens. One is at 70 and still not worth using.    Just making them useful is a big undertaking and time waste for many players.   

I am not sure about the OP's idea, as it would likely spread to other resources, not just Kuva.   Potentially reducing the need for players to actually play.   It would all depend on the exchange rate being high enough to make it less time intensive for farming kuva rather than the alter resources used to exhange even for the most meta of farmers.

I brought up a similar concept a while back of letting players build limited used Kuva Extractors.

It's lore friendly and practical.

Basically the player can craft x5 or x10 per build Kuva Extractors in the foundry like the Resource Extractors we already have for the starchart. They take the same time but when done they give Kuva and require replacements to drop another Extractor. They take up the same maximum number deployed as the Resource extractors and much like the new best NPC ever, Ticker. They're a much needed resource sink.

- 'Til then, we dance, don't we, Stardust?'

9 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

What's wrong with $$ (plat) buying slotmachines ?

I would buy.

It would also probably be highly profitable for DE.

Why is there a problem with that?

BECAUSE only rich and weak minded will support P2W..

Most of us are poor... And pay to win games are for the weak..

@(PS4)haphazardlynamed why didn't you just straight away buy one of the Veteran MR26 account with the most OP setup and god tier rivens? Pay one of them USD100,000 and i'm sure they will sell you. Might save you the hassle playing slot machine as well..

Edited by WSPY

On 2018-12-10 at 12:42 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

no. the problem with kuva isnt how it is gained. most of the reasons behind even trying to increase gaining kuva stem from the RNG nature of rivens. if the max amount of kuva spent rolling rivens were 1200 and not 3500 this issue would not even be an issue.

instead of trying to turn kuva into another resource that people will just have too much of DE should work on the riven system.

Oh we all know this but it's gunna be a long battle.

Much like "The Old War" aka Universal Vacuum.

With blatantly obvious weapons like Gram Prime; it's only a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Oh we all know this but it's gunna be a long battle.

Much like "The Old War" aka Universal Vacuum.

With blatantly obvious weapons like Gram Prime; it's only a matter of time.

hahaha ikr. they said no to universal vacuum then release fetch and vacuum for the hybrid sentinel (moa)

On 2018-12-10 at 9:34 AM, trndr said:

It would have to be a resource that can't be bought with plat or traded. (To stop $ for slotmachine)

The exchange rate would have to be insanly poor. (So long time players wouldn't lose all incentive to do kuva missions)

The net result would be outcies like with the amberstar bp.

So all in all, nothing would be gained.

With Kuva rewards in Cetus and Fortuna, the Kuva farming has fallen off already.