Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker mode will be forced upon us?

ChadAgWing

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

:facepalm:

Agreed. 

Lads, there’s no need for this many threads. Let’s try the following, shall we?

Launch the mode with an opt out/opt in function. If the mode is a good idea that people will enjoy and which won’t encourage griefing, then enough people will opt in. If the mode is instead (by mechanics) a toxic griefing encouragement, people will realise that and opt out. Self solving problem.

Put in some exclusive cosmetics, good ones, up to and including some nice edgy looking full Sekharas, one for successful Stalker assassinations and one for successfully driving off player Stalkers.

Anyone find much to disagree with?

• Like 3

This is surprising. Hopefully it will have unique rewards for both the Stalker and people that kill the Stalker though. 
That's probably the only sort of thing that could save such a mode if they don't end up making it mandatory.

It's a cool premise, hope it doesn't turn out any worse than Archwings or Defection.(those at least have rewards and content locked behind them, so people do them) 

Would be pretty good if it had exclusive rewards, and you couldn't opt back out once you've opted in.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Anyone find much to disagree with?

Yes I disagree because those resources could be spent on making actual PVE end-game that this game badly needs and the possible rewards intended for a PvP mode could instead be used as rewards in a PvE mode in a PvE game.

edit: But I guess DE is aiming for that old saying "4th time is a charm". No wait, that isnt how that saying goes.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes I disagree because those resources could be spent on making actual PVE end-game that this game badly needs and the possible rewards intended for a PvP mode could instead be used as rewards in a PvE mode in a PvE game.

Then, funnily enough, I find myself arguing very somewhat in favour of Stalker mode. I’m sure many of the folks with whom I have butted heads over the past couple of days would be shocked.

- The bones of the mode already exist. It’s already been made. It merely needs some polish and bugfixing.

- Scott wants to ensure the mode comes bundled with lore, and I for one would like some answers about the Stalker, at long last.

- The consensus emerging is that the mode will be optional, which is really the only way it could work without being a toxic mess.

- It will make a minority of players super happy, so if that can be done without pissing everyone else off with a mandatory PvP encounter, then why not?

- Most of the proposed rewards are exclusive cosmetics, or simply a slightly faster way to acquire otherwise rare items. 

See?

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Then, funnily enough, I find myself arguing very somewhat in favour of Stalker mode. I’m sure many of the folks with whom I have butted heads over the past couple of days would be shocked.

- The bones of the mode already exist. It’s already been made. It merely needs some polish and bugfixing.

- Scott wants to ensure the mode comes bundled with lore, and I for one would like some answers about the Stalker, at long last.

- The consensus emerging is that the mode will be optional, which is really the only way it could work without being a toxic mess.

- It will make a minority of players super happy, so if that can be done without pissing everyone else off with a mandatory PvP encounter, then why not?

- Most of the proposed rewards are exclusive cosmetics, or simply a slightly faster way to acquire otherwise rare items. 

- Game mode will be a slaughter first few days  upon realease

- Stalker player will complain about Xframe,Xweapon,Operator one shotting them

-Buffs applied to stalker resulting in low level encounters being impossible to defend against,Nerfs across the board for PVE  to make  stalker relevant

-people  who opt out are punished because the game  mode was implemented even though they did not participate

-New players and   disgruntled players leave the game

-See?

added a few points you missed

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

See?

But we all know none of those are viable reasons for it to be released.

1. Simply isnt true, because if it was then we wouldnt look at a stalker release "months" away. This is simply reading between the lines, if it was ready and needed polish we'd see it very soon. When something is months away we know it needs work like Fortuna, Railjack, Melee 3.0 etc.

2. Great idea, but DE have already said they dont wanna exclude people from things that drive the story and lore forward, which a PvP mode would do, since not everyone wants to PvP.

3. This leads to a DoA state of the mode, which Scott has said recently isnt something they want. They dont want a mode to be dead before it releases, which was what he feared with an opt in/out Stalker mode. So that is already a massive issue to solve before releasing it. Everything else is a waste of resources.

4. Never ever cater to the extremely small group of players, even if it makes them super happy. It just drains resources for no reason but to please extremely few people.

5. Those same rewards could be given in a future PvE mode instead, the type of thing people mostly play this game for.

1 hour ago, CarrotSalad said:

How will it be opt in exactly? If i join a squad of 4 people and 1 has opted into stalker invasions while the other 3 have opted out. Am i going to have to face the PVP mode anyway?

I imagine its going to be similar to how the stalker is now. So if your the type of player who doesn't help when the stalker shows up and gets locked behind a door then you probably have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...