Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Hour Download time

(PSN)DauntlessTowel

So I don't mean to complain but DE, please, if you're going to be promising us a new open world add-on at 10am then just give us the download a day ahead of time. Heck, even start it at midnight and then unlock it at 10 so that we can already have it downloaded and ready to go when all of our friends and other players will be diving in. I've been waiting over an hour so far and I barely have a gig and a half downloaded and yes I know that it has to do with my connection which is why it would be incredibly helpful to players like myself who can't afford the top tier service to release the download early and then implement it at the specified time of release so that my whole first days experience isn't sitting on the side lines waiting for a massive download while the people I actively play with get to enjoy it on time during the release. This is severely disappointing. Today started off feeling like Christmas and now I just feel let down that I'm missing the entire first day of Fortuna...

My friend, do you know what happens when they 'update' on console? They worked for the entire time before the consoles adopted the game to ensure that, the moment that the build of the game, the update, passed Certification it would then be immediately available.

So this 8 hour download of the game you're getting? There was no pre-download window, this wasn't something they could prime and release in advance. This is the to-the-minute clearance of the update for even appearing on the console. There is literally no way they could let you start downloading it faster.

Worse, there is no way they can give you a download start-point that's more convenient for you, because once the build is submitted, it's entirely in the hands of the Playstation team. If approved, they're the ones that open if for download, not DE.

Honestly, you should just be grateful that the PC side of things has done the requisite few weeks of bug-testing and reporting, because without that they wouldn't have been able to update the game and then hotfix it fast enough to prevent constant game crashes that you would have needed four to ten updates to fix.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Syadriel said:

Today started off feeling like Christmas and now I just feel let down that I'm missing the entire first day of Fortuna...

PC Update had issues with their EU Server...guess what...I (and many other European) had to wait a whole day as well.

Sorry but I can spare no sympathy 

edit before someone complains about this comment: The issue was fixed fast (but it was still after 1am )

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Syadriel said:

So I don't mean to complain but DE, please, if you're going to be promising us a new open world add-on at 10am then just give us the download a day ahead of time. Heck, even start it at midnight and then unlock it at 10 so that we can already have it downloaded and ready to go when all of our friends and other players will be diving in. I've been waiting over an hour so far and I barely have a gig and a half downloaded and yes I know that it has to do with my connection which is why it would be incredibly helpful to players like myself who can't afford the top tier service to release the download early and then implement it at the specified time of release so that my whole first days experience isn't sitting on the side lines waiting for a massive download while the people I actively play with get to enjoy it on time during the release. This is severely disappointing. Today started off feeling like Christmas and now I just feel let down that I'm missing the entire first day of Fortuna...

I put mine to download earlier. I'll get to play it this evening. 

I'm positively chuffed. 😊

I wasn't aware that this was released in this way. Seeing that there's no option for us to download before the release time to prevent a long wait time I can't say anything more. 

Also, I'm not passing the buck to DE in my comment. I'm saying that it would be beneficial to all players if we had the option to download these large update files before the release date but Thaylien graciously clarified that for me so I now understand that it isn't possible for DE to do that for us because it leaves their hands and passes onto others. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm stilled psyched to play it when it's finished. I only made the comment to offer a possible suggestion to ease future download times. The idea came from the recent Smash Bros. Release at midnight. My friend was allowed to download the entire game and then access it directly at midnight. If this isn't something DE can do for us then so be it, I will wait. I was just severely disappointed this morning but I now have a broader understanding of how the process actually works.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Syadriel said:

lso, I'm not passing the buck to DE in my comment. I'm saying that it would be beneficial to all players if we had the option to download these large update files before the release dat

FWIW, even on PC we were chomping at the bit for Fortuna to drop. As soon as they decided they had a release candidate, it was sent to the download servers. So everyone on PC all got the chance to start downloading it at the same time too. People with slower connections or who were at work when it went up also had to wait as well.

When I downloaded the game for the first time, the download time was much more than 8 hours, and I'm from Italy. But I kept closing and reopening the game launcher and switching to another language, until at some point, after choosing one of the languages, the download speed was significantly increased and I could download smoothly.