Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's Talons not equal to a melee weapon

Pixues

Equipping Garuda's Talons by un-equipping a melee weapon means you are gimping yourself on two different levels.

- You cannot gain Focus with them, because you cannot equip a lens on them. This needs to be looked at. If you were to equip a melee weapon with a lens, the lens on Garuda's Talons simply switches off. This is a simple fix, and something that should have been there already. 

- You cannot equip a riven on them. Meaning (as an end-game player) you are walking around with a 'lesser' weapon. 

Garuda's Talons are weird from a design perspective. I feel like the devs just thought it would be cool and left it at that. Feels like an unfinished choice, rushed after the community expressed their disappointment with her 4th skill: the giant grinder.

It needs a gimmick. For example:

It generates health if you hit enemies marked by Seeking Talons. Its simple, conditional, fits her kit. 

Or some other effect.

So in short: It needs focus generation and a gimmick.

13 minutes ago, Pixues said:

Feels like an unfinished choice, rushed after the community expressed their disappointment with her 4th skill: the giant grinder.

But Seeking Talons is absolutely fine and we didn't need passive melee weapons to be added to Garuda. Yes, the previous ult looked disappointing, but I doubt that's why Garuda's claws are a thing. Honestly, I feel like her claws were added as melee weapons because of the fan questions, "She lunges and eviscerates with her claws, can't she use them to claw stuff normally?" And that's it.

12 minutes ago, Pixues said:

- You cannot gain Focus with them, because you cannot equip a lens on them. This needs to be looked at. If you were to equip a melee weapon with a lens, the lens on Garuda's Talons simply switches off. This is a simple fix, and something that should have been there already.  

The focus you gain should be going through your frame, like exalted weapons do, though testing needs to be done in order to confirm this.

14 minutes ago, Pixues said:

- You cannot equip a riven on them. Meaning (as an end-game player) you are walking around with a 'lesser' weapon. 

While yes you cant, rivens are hardly needed for endgame, you can easily go for 2h in a survival, without cheesing it with stuff like CL. Also rivens are the worst thing DE has ever implemented in the game imo, its just nothing more then a time sink. Though I will say this, I do have my fair share of rivens so im not the one to talk. But yeah both of your arguments are basically invalid, cause there are far better ways of gaining focus and rivens are only the cherry on top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

The focus you gain should be going through your frame, like exalted weapons do, though testing needs to be done in order to confirm this.

While yes you cant, rivens are hardly needed for endgame, you can easily go for 2h in a survival, without cheesing it with stuff like CL. Also rivens are the worst thing DE has ever implemented in the game imo, its just nothing more then a time sink. Though I will say this, I do have my fair share of rivens so im not the one to talk. But yeah both of your arguments are basically invalid, cause there are far better ways of gaining focus and rivens are only the cherry on top.

No they are both very valid points. We don't need to define what the meaning of endgame is. We simply need to look at the fact that Garuda's Talons are not on par with melee weapons. Cherry on top is an opinion, maybe rivens mean everything to me. That is not important, i did not ask for Rivens on Garuda's Talons. I asked for a gimmick to justify their use over melee weapons. I asked for them to be side-grades and not down-grades. I don't think we need to argue about this. 

And they are not exalted weapons. So they need to be categorised as melee weapons and generate focus the same way melee weapons do. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pixues said:

And they are not exalted weapons. So they need to be categorised as melee weapons and generate focus the same way melee weapons do. 

Wait...

Garuda's Talons have to actually be leveled as equipped. Instead of leveling passively like Exalted weapons.

That saves me from buying her...I'll just eventually farm her. 

Does this also mean Garuda's Talons are still disabled in Gun only Missions, rather than being equipped because melee weapon is removed?

1 minute ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Wait...

Garuda's Talons have to actually be leveled as equipped. Instead of leveling passively like Exalted weapons.

That saves me from buying her...I'll just eventually farm her. 

Does this also mean Garuda's Talons are still disabled in Gun only Missions, rather than being equipped because melee weapon is removed?

Even in Melee only Sorties and Mastery Rank Tests, her Talons gets removed. I don’t know why DE haven’t fixed this yet.