Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't recast Garuda's Dread Mirror (Fixed!)

(PSN)S1R_TERRANCE

As long as Garuda's Dread Heart is above her head, I seem to be unable to recast Dread Mirror. Even though I am not holding down the ability cast button (tapping for only a second), instead of recasting Dread Mirror, Garuda proceeds to charge the Dread Heart instead. I am on PS4 & I am not sure if this is something I am doing wrong, a consequence of my control layout, or something that others are currently experiencing aswel.

I've been experimenting the same bug. Seems like Garuda's Dread Mirror can't recast at all. Every single time you try to recast, with a short tap, she cast the Dread Heart.

I've playing with the "New" control layout. The one that you need to hold R1 and activate abilities with the 4 front buttons. I've never found the classic layout to work well with the abilities that need to hold the button to interact. Ivara's #1, Vaubro #2 (after his rework), etc.

I am experience a number of inconsistencies when playing Garuda on ps4 after having played with her extensively on PC. I use a controller exclusively even on PC.

I can only recast dread mirror by double tapping the X button

Seeking Talons continues to charge until the buttons are released and then pressed a second time.

Seeking Talons expanding edges appear as a square out side the circle.

Edited by Forthshadow
clarity

It appears that like the above poster i can refresh dread mirror if i double tap the ability button, but this is incredibly cumbersome when trying to rapidly switch between and use powers as you intend to use them since this invariably causes a heart throw.

I still can't use her ult reliably, It locks me in the cast animation and unlike the above poster, pressing and releasing twice does nothing. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I've noticed that, on PS4, Garuda's Dread Mirror, specifically her Dread Heart, doesn't respond. I have trouble initiating the charge and even more trouble cancelling it. It's supposed to be tap&charge, release to fire, right? It's not working that way for me 😕

Dread Mirror could be bugged for you. Activate, build up damage from the enemies, Charge, and Throw is the intended way of using Dread Mirror so it’s a bug for sure.

[This is a repost of a thread I posted on the wrong section]

I've noticed that, on PS4, Garuda's Dread Mirror, specifically her Dread Heart, doesn't respond. I have trouble initiating the charge and even more trouble cancelling it. It's supposed to be tap&charge, release to fire, right? It's not working that way for me 😕

Edit [12/12/28]: Was on a mission on Hydron and Dread Heart wouldn't want to charge. It simply released instantly. I also can't recast Dread Mirror without launching the Dread Heart. Additionally, Seeking Talons cannot be triggered by using the Quick Tap ability key (default R1)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Well, at least finding this thread has shown me how to recast Dread Mirror. However, in it's current form it is less than ideal, You either double tap R1 to keep refreshing the mirror, in which case it is harder to use the other abilities, or you use the other other abilities and have to remember to throw the bloody heart before you can recast the mirror.

The number of times I have died because I have cast the mirror, then used another ability, then when I have got into a difficult situation I've tried to recast the mirror, only to find I am stuck in the gather the heart / throw the heart animation -  with charge-up taking a REALLY long time, during which period I am totally vulnerable and not able to defend myself. If I haven't died at the end of that, I've probably lost a lot of energy to a charge-up mechanic I didn't wont to do in the first place.

I can se DE's problem, with the mirror and the heart charge/throw, they have effectively got 5 abilities for Garuda, but only 4 a ability keys.However, the way it is at the moment just isn't working (IMHO). I would suggest that a better alternative would be to implement something like Ivara's quiver or Vaubaun's grenades, i.e. A long hold of R1+X  would activate the last ability, or a short tap of R1+X would toggle between refresh mirror or throw heart.

Hey guys! We have a hotfix coming soon to fix the issues with casting certain Garuda abilities and (what we ended up finding out was an issue with) "classic control". As a result, we will be reverting "classic control" support for Dread Mirror and Seeking Talons due to input discrepancy that led to the many casting issues you guys are listing here. 

Thanks for reporting and giving us details on the issue, we'll get this fix do you asap! 

On 2018-12-18 at 1:54 PM, (PS4)Nephalen69 said:

Can anyone confirm the problem is fixed after hotfix? I still cannot tap and recast blood mirror.

Edit: 1 minutes ago there is another hotfix online. But I still cannot do as the ability intended.

Just fixed 🙂

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1042323-ps4-fortuna-update-24-mesa-prime-hotfixes/?do=findComment&comment=10418076