Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

I don't know anything about this exploit that got fixed, so can anyone fill me in on that was?

The hotfix is appreciated, though are there any plans to tweak the Ocucor, the new Sentinel weapons, and how the K-Drive mods function (putting both Extreme Velocity and Nitro Boost does not increase the overall boost nor its normal speed, they're both the same)?

2 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

bUt HoW aBoUt mY mAcRo mAiMiNg StRiKe ?!

again and again and again, its even in your (all of us) sentences - keyword : exploit / cheat

Exploiting and cheating aren't the same, you can exploit things without a malicious intent just to get the most benefit out of it which is what people were doing in this case, a cheat is malicious in nature unless it is by chance.

3 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

I don't know anything about this exploit that got fixed, so can anyone fill me in on that was?

The hotfix is appreciated, though are there any plans to tweak the Ocucor, the new Sentinel weapons, and how the K-Drive mods function (putting both Extreme Velocity and Nitro Boost does not increase the overall boost nor its normal speed, they're both the same)?

1 minute ago, Nathalieh said:

Exploiting and cheating aren't the same, you can exploit things without a malicious intent just to get the most benefit out of it which is what people were doing in this case, a cheat is malicious in nature unless it is by chance.

It's for the sake of making it easier to enforce rules onto the community. Anyways, macros give an unfair advantage in comparison to other players that don't use macros. I honestly am still surprised DE allows most macros, not all, to be allowed to be used in-game.

2 minutes ago, Nathalieh said:

Im sorry, but he MADE A VIDEO about that instead of report it.

4 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

bUt HoW aBoUt mY mAcRo mAiMiNg StRiKe ?!

again and again and again, its even in your (all of us) sentences - keyword : exploit / cheat

If i was in charge, i would make this macro bannable. One keystroke, it toggles multiple actions (slide, quick melee) multiple time in a row. Should not be allowed.

If macro are currently allowed, it's for people with disabilities. If it was intented for automation, why DE won't just make a keybinding for slide attack ?

1 minute ago, CrystalSpark said:

Since DE cannot tell who did the saryn and volt exploits for xp (due to using warframe ingame mechanics), how would it be fair to punish those that got caught doing the khora-macro exploit?

i dont know, file a report. Hope that your accounts wont get banned.

i never knew maxing out gears is that hard that you want to cheat your way through it. you can press 4 infinitely in hydron and annoy a ton of players, or be that one saryn in ESO for all i care, why use this "harmless bug" anyway? if you're too lazy to play the game, stop playing it and come back when you feel like playing it properly

1 minute ago, CrystalSpark said:

It's for the sake of making it easier to enforce rules onto the community. Anyways, macros give an unfair advantage in comparison to other players that don't use macros. I honestly am still surprised DE allows most macros, not all, to be allowed to be used in-game.

They allow macros for other reasons, like helping people with disabilities and some problems that they themselves have created like having to spam your mouse buttons or keys to get the most benefit out of some game buffs.

Just now, Nathalieh said:

They allow macros for other reasons, like helping people with disabilities and some problems that they themselves have created like having to spam your mouse buttons or keys to get the most benefit out of some game buffs.

Well, the rule for enforcing macros to be allowed or not allowed (not all kinds of macros are allowed ingame) is in a very grey area.

1 hour ago, AIAS-5 said:

And also some REALLY old ones...:
- When one squad member is done loading a mission and skips the mission intro cinematic before other players have the mission loaded, those might be stuck watching the cinematic without being able to skip it

I have had this problem way too many times before. It really frustrates me because I will then join in and everyone else will be way far ahead of me. I hope this is fixed soon.

Also, thanks for the fix on that exploit DE!

There are 2 main cases for this exploit:

Either you bought forma bundles to use for the exploit, in which case you fall in line with the basic philosophy of the ingame economy: spend either time or plat to progress. Or you farmed your Forma stock in Plaguestar, in which case you probably had to spend more time overall to achieve the same thing, which also follows the "time or plat" philosophy.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

There are 2 main cases for this exploit:

Either you bought forma bundles to use for the exploit, in which case you fall in line with the basic philosophy of the ingame economy: spend either time or plat to progress. Or you farmed your Forma stock in Plaguestar, in which case you probably had to spend more time overall to achieve the same thing, which also follows the "time or plat" philosophy.

Both are baneable examples.

I think the extreme offender that DE are talking are the one that basically did it more than like 20-30 time, because that exploit was boring as hell to do and was super expensive to do if you ask me.

I can already imagine the people that spent a lot of money in forma just to do it.

RIP them I guess.

1 hour ago, German said:

RIP to everyone who did that exp exploit.

Hope they didn't get a perm ban though, you let us PC players test and report bugs in your game (that's still in "Beta") for more than 5 years and just because they use a bug for their benefit you ban them instead of just reverting the exp gained. EULA violation or not, it's a bad move in my opinion.

If it's just a short temp ban it's fine though.

They advertised it too.

And you can just not exploit a bug, you can just report it and be done with it.

Still no fix for game breaking bugs that have been in the game for months or even years. Good to see DE has their head in the right place. Keep stuffing the game with new weapons while ignoring the fact that some frames still don't work, some missions still don't work, some weapons still don't work. People who bring up problems on the forum either get silenced by mods removing posts/threads or they're simply ignored and the problem never gets fixed and remains in the game for years.

Archived