[DE]Megan

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

Recommended Posts

Just now, Drachnyn said:

It's not harmful. You had to spend either plat for the Forma bundles or a bunch of time in Plaguestar for Forma.

I made almost 200 formas in plague star. So, affecte the game economy, including the booster sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

It's not harmful. You had to spend either plat for the Forma bundles or a bunch of time in Plaguestar for Forma.

I think wether it's harmful or not is irrelevent. They used extensivelly an exploit. They should be banned.

Edited by Bowbie
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploit Fixes:

  • We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

 

Wasn't DE's policy until recently: "if it's in the game, it's ok?/it's not a bug it's a feature (coptering anyone?)" especially considering how incredibly bug riddled WF is (don't take this as a criticism, I love this game in all of it's buggy glory)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb Caval13r:

Do you understand this game? It's not about the forma it's about the time taken to level the weapons.......

You couldnt have one without the other. The exploit required the use of forma.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Plaxed:

I made almost 200 formas in plague star. So, affecte the game economy, including the booster sales.

In this case you spent time gathering the Forma. Which is part of the game's economy: you either spend time or plat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrutalGreen said:

Wasn't DE's policy until recently: "if it's in the game, it's ok?/it's not a bug it's a feature (coptering anyone?)" especially considering how incredibly bug riddled WF is (don't take this as a criticism, I love this game in all of it's buggy glory)

Yes, until you touch DE Pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drachnyn said:

It's not harmful. You had to spend either plat for the Forma bundles or a bunch of time in Plaguestar for Forma.

I've had huge stacks of forma just by daily crafting without effort, without doing plague star nor spending plat on it, and I'm not the only one, just saying.
It might not be harmful for us on a non competitive pve game as players, but it's harmful for a company with a game based on farming to have its mechanics bypassed, when the game also has boosters to generate income for people who want to speed things up without completely breaking the grind mechanic.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SupremeLeaderKyloRen said:

You can't AFK-Leech though, they actually have to move.

oh like move to the next zone in ESO? thanks for reminding me.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, imax9000 said:

How exactly is it harmful to you?

to the game itself? they release a bunch of new weapons, you can max it out in 5 minutes, re-forma it again and max it out again until u get 6 forma for it.

how to do it? thru an exploit. standing up. doing nothing but that macro-thing.
And now no one does other dungeons because "What is the point? I can max them out in a few seconds anyway"

now how is that not harmful? so we're all gonna do this affinity exploit, and not bother with the other content. Now imagine doing this 100 more times

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrutalGreen said:

Wasn't DE's policy until recently: "if it's in the game, it's ok?/it's not a bug it's a feature (coptering anyone?)" especially considering how incredibly bug riddled WF is (don't take this as a criticism, I love this game in all of it's buggy glory)

Gud old bugrame and nice job of banning god knows how many players just because of one youtober that was YOUR partner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

define non-harmful. please

because maxing out all equipped gears in 1 minute just by standing up, to me is harmful

You could already do this in ESO

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeeWhyOhBee said:

to the game itself? they release a bunch of new weapons, you can max it out in 5 minutes, re-forma it again and max it out again until u get 6 forma for it.

how to do it? thru an exploit. standing up. doing nothing but that macro-thing.
And now no one does other dungeons because "What is the point? I can max them out in a few seconds anyway"

now how is that not harmful? so we're all gonna do this affinity exploit, and not bother with the other content. Now imagine doing this 100 more times

Isn't that what's already happening with ESO?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, imax9000 said:

Isn't that what's already happening with ESO?

you still have to "ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME", the exploit was gaining affinity by that method which is a bug.. is it really that hard to understand?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think people should get a suspension for an exploit like that's pretty stupid

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jim22 said:

I don't think people should get a suspension for an exploit like that's pretty stupid

Unless its a game breaking and hurts the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Minuten schrieb BeeWhyOhBee:

you still have to "ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME", the exploit was gaining affinity by that method which is a bug.. is it really that hard to understand?

Coincidently you actually had to play the game aswell to set up the whole thing. It wasnt done by doing nothing, how hard is that to understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeeWhyOhBee said:

you still have to "ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME", the exploit was gaining affinity by that method which is a bug.. is it really that hard to understand?

Pffft, you can just stand in ESO and wait for others to kill everything.

Also, I still don't see how exactly using this method is harmful to other players. If after a while it ends up being the only thing everyone does - I agree, that's going to be a pretty boring game. But what you normally do in that case is rebalance to make sure that other things are equally interesting, not ban players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Darkson_X said:

Cheating, using exploits or hacking is clearly against their rules. Not to mention some did one time then stopped, what about those who got like... 30 weapons at max level? 

Off course DE might ban you or take away your weapons. You ***** up no two ways about it.

 

Also people fail to realize it need to have a strong hand so when people think of using a exploit or cheating they gonna think "Not worth doing this man, I can lose my account real fast, they don't **** around."

please be more respectful in forums

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know, you refuse to understand the point on why these things are happening. Playing the game in its boundaries / mechanics and playing the game and cheating thru a bug th--

just read the past comments, its getting redundant already. i hope those who tried this 'non-harmful, eco-friendly, cute, innocent' bug will get to keep their accounts 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jim22 said:

I don't think people should get a suspension for an exploit like that's pretty stupid

That would make sense if the the exploit didn't require going out of your way to intentionally produce it for your benefit, it would be completely different if it was related to normal gameplay and no way to avoid it other than not playing the game. One could argue that permabanning these players is harsh, but trying to justify the exploit is ridiculous. People who did it knew what they were getting into.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Coincidently you actually had to play the game aswell to set up the whole thing. It wasnt done by doing nothing, how hard is that to understand?

Examples: Please read this and come back later.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit
https://www.dbltap.com/posts/6099290-players-can-be-banned-for-abusing-fortnite-pickaxe-exploit - Yes, a pick axe.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=286747/blizzard-taking-action-against-world-quest-exploits - Yes, a World Quest plugin for the client.
https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=content&d=hnban - ESEA Xploits
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Exploits

So dont waste your time trying to convince us to understand you fragile point of view. ITS A EXPLOIT and im glad those "smart" people get banned.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BeeWhyOhBee said:

i dont know, you refuse to understand the point on why these things are happening. Playing the game in its boundaries / mechanics and playing the game and cheating thru a bug th--

just read the past comments, its getting redundant already. i hope those who tried this 'non-harmful, eco-friendly, cute, innocent' bug will get to keep their accounts 🙂

I perfectly understand why these things are happening. It is a knee-jerk reaction to seeing someone gaining affinity crazy fast. What I'm trying to convey is that it's a good reason to change the game and a very bad reason to ban people. None of this gave anyone any competitive advantage over anyone else and no one extracted any commercial gain.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploit Fixes: 

  • We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

since we are fixing and giving out suspension for the khora exploit maybe fix the volt and saryn one as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.