Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

Just now, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Well said, but my only concern is the severity. That guy got a 16 year ban. Meanwhile he could have probably acquired the same result in less than a year's time. It seems disproportional

It isn't exactly a ban.

The automated system places a generic "2035 suspension" on users that are flagged for defined suspicious parameters. Apparently, obtaining 450k affinity in about a minute fits within those parameters. As a result, he received the suspension.

This system is designed to initiate a dialogue between the user and DE, in the event that actions have occurred in-game that exceed what DE believes is possible. The user(s) discuss the event in question with DE, to determine what exactly occurred. Depending on the circumstances, DE will determine what should be done on a case by case basis. Nothing is set in stone here.

I'd say... don`t cheat. Im sorry for all those banned by the exploit, im really sorry, but somehow it's fair. On the other hand, as I'm compassive I wouldn't ban them this time, only because it can be many people influenced by the youtuber. But seriously, don't cheat. MR almost 23, i have leveled all my stuff legally, part of enjoying the game is to level stuff and think about the possible builds, so do it right. Excuse my english, obviously im not english native, but hope you have understood. 

2 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

It isn't exactly a ban.

The automated system places a generic "2035 suspension" on users that are flagged for defined suspicious parameters. Apparently, obtaining 450k affinity in about a minute fits within those parameters. As a result, he received the suspension.

This system is designed to initiate a dialogue between the user and DE, in the event that actions have occurred in-game that exceed what DE believes is possible. The user(s) discuss the event in question with DE, to determine what exactly occurred. Depending on the circumstances, DE will determine what should be done on a case by case basis. Nothing is set in stone here.

Hey that actually sounds like a fair system. But in hindsight, perhaps "Please Contact Support" would be much more suitable than "You've been banned until 2035". I was also thinking if this means hacking the game outright for primed chamber is allowed starting 2035

1 minute ago, XzWasPzX said:

I'd say... don`t cheat. Im sorry for all those banned by the exploit, im really sorry, but somehow it's fair. On the other hand, as I'm compassive I wouldn't ban them this time, only because it can be many people influenced by the youtuber. But seriously, don't cheat. MR almost 23, i have leveled all my stuff legally, part of enjoying the game is to level stuff and think about the possible builds, so do it right. Excuse my english, obviously im not english native, but hope you have understood. 

Nice. I deleted the weapons I don't plan to use anyways. Obviously how I want to play the game is not how DE wants me to play it. I want to feel like a super hero in games, not a ninja in space slapping infested organs into my enemies. Most of the money I spent in game are on cosmetics so I don't look like a warframe and more like a humanoid in a suit of armor.

Just now, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Hey that actually sounds like a fair system. But in hindsight, perhaps "Please Contact Support" would be much more suitable than "You've been banned until 2035". I was also thinking if this means hacking the game outright for primed chamber is allowed starting 2035

They provide a "Help" button on the popup, but it could be a bit clearer. "2035" likely holds some significance with someone at DE. iirc, Xbox users are suspended until "9999".

"We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly."

That is a little vague. If you are talking about the original dojo Obstacle Course, that has been exploitable for years. Each week you can clearly see a list of people that beat the obstacle course without actually running the obstacle course. In fact the fastest right now is at 0.5 seconds on the Overall Best

1 minute ago, MasterBurik said:

They provide a "Help" button on the popup, but it could be a bit clearer. "2035" likely holds some significance with someone at DE. iirc, Xbox users are suspended until "9999".

Good thing I don't work for DE, my Fortnite handle is xxxxxxxxx7701337, The x parts are explicit numbers

5 hours ago, kpa732 said:

That exploit fix right there is exactly why I never did it, and told no one about it. Not a "cool bug" if it offers such an unfair advantage. Very glad DE patched that quickly, and also happy to see the worst offenders getting ousted.

Yea,  the abusers deserved it. I only did it once to try and guess that forma is staying there xd

1 minute ago, Bsherder said:

"We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly."

That is a little vague. If you are talking about the original dojo Obstacle Course, that has been exploitable for years. Each week you can clearly see a list of people that beat the obstacle course without actually running the obstacle course. In fact the fastest right now is at 0.5 seconds.

They don't monetize off speed run times, they do monetize off of affinity boosters

i love how people  call it harmless yet with that exploit you can pretty much rush the all melee, warframe , secondary and primary affinity off all of those catagoriess (i was lazy to calculate all) but basicly those 4 catagories would only take 3.5 hours so yeah it pretty much harms the point of playing the game and the exp grind

29 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working. melee is literally unplayable at it's current state. (it's getting really annoying)

• sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger whereas before it lowers the shield towards the hand when you start swinging.

Before chimera update

koQE7oR.jpg

now

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• lex conlave skin's magazine sticks out at the sides.

N0ha0M7.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged for arca sisco, stubba,euphona prime, and pandero once again.

arca sisco

weQR1tX.jpg

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

pandero

eG4ibse.jpg

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

Agreed any partner worth their salt and their more knowing community members would know not to screw with anything like this and actively advise against it when brought up in chat. 

The good news is this is a clear example for future reference. 

47 minutes ago, Mandolin53 said:

They never gave mastery, thats the thing, even though theyre supposed to, Ive put 15 levels into my k drive and maxed a moa (gilded) and no mastery at all

the moa I bought with plat 100% gave me mastery (since it comes gilded IIRC). without it's MR XP I would of never hit MR26. 

1 hour ago, XzWasPzX said:

Like you I also leveled my stuff legitimately IE: I bought a affinity booster, went to hydron/ESO with S#&$ weapons and let friends and/or pubs carry me. I've also been on the other end of this carrying pubs on both with them leaving after 1 or 2 rounds. so I consider it fine in the WF community. Hardly anyone's playing Hydron for the drops anyhow since xini is just as fast and is way more kind on relics and a lot more semi-AFK friendly. 

All this said people leveling up weapons in mere seconds. What did they expect to happen!? 

6 hours ago, Mavolent said:

it was a Khora exploit
if you used khora's 3 while her Kavat was "dead" and spammed, it would increase a weapon, or anything to level 30 in under 30 secs
i didn't tried it bcs i knew this thing would end up with Ban.
a Youtuber shown that exploit and got banned, i think he's included

At least we should get a proper explanation in patch notes instead of toxic parenting: "I know what you did, go to your room" :awkward:

6 hours ago, CrazyDarkSonic said:

The exploit was harmless and yet you ban people? Really disappointing from DE.

It's unfair to people who leveled WF's entire arsenal to reach MR25/26 without using a bug. The daily standing system is a legitimate way to earn a decent amount of plat for example the very first day people could get Thyst blueprint from Smokefinger i was able to sell six refined Thyst's at 15p each in the first 5 mins as they were needed to craft Garuda. I'd say the odd's of something simular happening again is high. Plus getting 26k syndicate standing per day can easily translate into 12p or so. 

The Solaris United standing gained shown in the progress and reward table isn't accordance with what i get when i return to Fortuna. For example, i got 24500 Solaris United standing in the progress and reward table, but when i return to Fortuna i only get 18200 standing

1 hour ago, MrMroczneMleczko said:

Yea,  the abusers deserved it. I only did it once to try and guess that forma is staying there xd

Imagine if this is how DE distribute the ban - Forma count on you Khora bigger than single digit = see you in 2035  

Or maybe I should not talk about this either? 

Archived