Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

First of all let me be clear I didn't used this exploit..didn't came to know about it until now. 

2nd yes the ban is valid and justifiable and I respect DE's decision.

3rd...I think if DE is planning to give a 2nd chance to players....this is now. Nope...don't lift the ban completely. Do suspend them but reduce the suspension time. At least reduce it for players who aren't extreme offenders and tried it out of curiosity only. 17 years is like telling these players to #*!% off. Players have learned their lesson I think and a decent but not outrageous suspension will do the job along with issue of an warning. You can use this time to do the damage control. I think increase in outrageous bans will result in snitch mentality among Warframe community which isn't good for surfacing further exploits.

But it is your decision to make not mine and I will respect your decision in the end DE. 

12 hours ago, German said:

RIP to everyone who did that exp exploit.

Hope they didn't get a perm ban though, you let us PC players test and report bugs in your game (that's still in "Beta") for more than 5 years and just because they use a bug for their benefit you ban them instead of just reverting the exp gained. EULA violation or not, it's a bad move in my opinion.

If it's just a short temp ban it's fine though.

If they're testing, then why didnt they report it? exploiting to the degree of this is explicitly against tos.

Wow i'm surprised to see just how many people here support "perma banning" players over an exploit. The only thing that deserves a perma ban (In any video game) is hacking. Taking advantage of an exploit isn't the player's fault but the developers fault. Instead of perma banning they should retract all experience gained on said weapons and warframes. Furthermore: Warframe needs to implement a low priority system (Similar to Dota 2) to punish people for misbehavior in game. This whole perma ban thing is just wrong on so many levels: Ethically, morally, etc. I'm rank 24 closing in on 25 and I enjoy this game more than anything. The idea that I could just lose everything in a snap over a misshapen is what's keeping me from fully enjoying this game. I can't just be myself in game, there's always worry. There's always a chance someone will get offended and report. Zeus forbid I lose 2 years of progress in a game I love so much over a misshapen. I barely use chat for this reason.

The least they could do is implement an in game penalty systems. Here's a few examples of that:

1- You pay debt in the form of resources, ideally credits.

2- You get forced to play 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month alone and away from party and friend ques. The only way for a day in this punishment to count is via completing the daily sortie, alone.

3- You get lumped in with a bunch of other misbehaved players away from the good ones, for a temporary time.

There's gotta be better ways to fix things. Not everything should merit a ban. The only thing that should is hacking, and I think we can all agree on that.

Edit: For those wondering, i'm not part of those who used the exploit (DE has all the logs). I'm simply speaking from a moral, ethical standpoint. The harsh punishment of getting perma banned creates an influx of unnecessary anxiety in game. It's getting harder and harder to enjoy the game because of it. Should we not be adventurist? Should we not say offensive things? I got news for you: Offense is what drives things forward. Pacifism is what keeps things be. This game is forcing you more and more to become a pacifist, which is ruining the fun.

Il y a 13 heures, -TSA-Vendetta a dit :

how am i supposed to report it ? no ticket this doesnt work and forum often doesnt reach attention too and if it does it is as public as a video too so i dont see the issue 

Send a PM to the community inbox on the forums. 

That said the best way would probably still be to send a ticket to support. Not sure why you say that wouldn't work. 

9 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

I went to the bug report section and looked up all bug reports that involved Khora

He did not.

Someone else reported it after seeing his video. This person even linked to N00blShowteks video

You can also report it via support tickets. In fact, with game breaking exploits like this, it's highly recommended you do so this way, so it doesn't get publicly known and exploited like this one did, even worse when it's promoted and detailed on how to exploit it with youtube videos.

57 minutes ago, Zodder said:

Wow i'm surprised to see just how many people here support "perma banning" players over an exploit. The only thing that deserves a perma ban (In any video game) is hacking. Taking advantage of an exploit isn't the player's fault but the developers fault. Instead of perma banning they should retract all experience gained on said weapons and warframes.

I agree permabanning can be seen as too harsh but don't forget, whether it's the player's or developers' fault, it's the intention behind it. This is not an exploit that you accidentally come accross, like I said several times now, you had to get out of your way to learn and produce it, it was completely intentional and the malicious intent of bypassing the game mechanics, no matter the reason behind it. No game code is perfect and bug-free, but it was not DE's intention to be it that way, and again, it was not a bug that would happen on its own while playing normally.
Saying it's not the players fault when the players themselves produced the exploit intentionally on something they know is not intended, is ridiculous. It's like saying stealing something from a shop that has a hole in a wall instead of legally buying it, is the shop owner's fault for not knowing it while the people get to keep stealing things until the wall is fixed while having the priviledge of being immune to the law.

7 hours ago, MotedLTU said:

A. "exp" exploit if you wanna call it like that

B. it wasn't fixed since fortuna's launch that's not people mistakes

C.  If you really think this is the first game "exploit" that was ever in the game and players can benefit from it, I'm sorry but you're WRONG.

D. To me there is kinda three times players in every game: 1. Basic player, who plays by the rules from the game launch till this moment, does everything as it is (Have to feel bad for such player) where is fun in that tell me? 5 years same thing huh xD. 2. Player who player by the rules till here reaches point where you need to invent smth to make game fun again (Playing by the rules with the bugs).

E. Basically what I'm saying You could complete missions in 13+ min (Lor and Lor NM) instead of an hour since operator launched

F. Now let's talk about these days "exploit" there was in game where they got fixed and no one got banned for it thank god. First of all Wukong+throwing Zaw nuke

G. Banshee's 4th after rework was insanely good, where you can clear rooms in second without any energy basically, just have zenurik and you're good. Akkad credit farm + secura lectra before rework of secura it was the fastest way to get credits in the game,

I couldn't bothe to get further in your post, there were enough error in this.

A. it is by the very definition an exploit, not a "if you wanna call it like that" situation.

B. Not people's mistake that the bug is here. People's mistake to EXPLOIT it.

C. Yeah sure, not the first bug, nor the first to have been exploited. How is this a justification to exploit this one ? I don't like analogies but it's not because you rob once that now, you can rob everytime you want.

D. 1st type: i don't even....  why woul you feel bad for people playing as intented ??? 2nd type: your description doesn't make sense AT ALL. Those are people that play by the rules by not playing by the rule. What are you talking about? are you just a troll ?

E. Yeah so what, there were an exploit. cf C.

F. As a basic player, as a 9 yo kid, you look at the tooltip of the exodia (do damage), you use it and you do damage. You don't really know the numbers but you find it powerful. As far as you can tell, it's working as intended. It's the opposite of the khora exp exploit (getting in an odd position and call your pet a hundred time a sec, to get affinity for your weapon).

G. Working as intended, tooltips are exactly as it was performing. imbalanced it was, not buggy.

conclusion : your post doesn't make any sense

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

I cant see the issue over all. If theres a bug or exploit, the player takes the risk in doing it, and by not being to heavy handed in punishing people, DE can at least hear about it swiftly.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploit Fixes:

• We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

Fixed? It's still possible to do it. Not that I'm going to ever do it (I don't want to get involved in a ban, Ι have the decency to respect the devs, you can rest assured that I'm not going to do it), or get into specifics how it's still possible, that's not my job.

I'm going to say what everybody is thinking in Warframe but doesn't have the nerve to say it:

You should be ashamed of banning people for your own inability to program certain things properly in a game (something that would not be tolerated let's say a decade ago in the video game industry) and expect that an EULA is above everything, that's false, malicious thinking and ultimately abuse of power.
Also you should consider thinking that your position does not give you immunity against critisism when you are obviously failing to do what should be a no brainer.
You have the perfect opportunity to learn after this mistake about the fact that bug fixing should always be the number one factor in a game and to not bring out content that is not ready for prime time publicly.

I hope my "tough love" message is not offending anybody because that's not my intention, but it's about time some things needed to be said.

14 hours ago, kackiz said:

Harmless!? You call levelling up weapons at a lightning fast rate Harmless!? You're probably one of the offenders. Play legit and stop cheating, because that's what that is, and cheats on an online game are NOT fair play!

It's exploit, cheat implies third party tools.

14 hours ago, Raven_1226 said:

People will always exploit bugs. Maybe instead of banning them, you should make sure that the bugs don't exist in the first place. 

Quality control on that level is basically impossible, but maybe they should start rewarding people who report such a big exploits. I don't think banning people for it is right, but it's the path DE has decided, so they do what they do.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Klimis:

Fixed? It's still possible to do it. Not that I'm going to ever do it (I don't want to get involved in a ban, Ι have the decency to respect the devs, you can rest assured that I'm not going to do it), or get into specifics how it's still possible, that's not my job.

I'm going to say what everybody is thinking in Warframe but doesn't have the nerve to say it:

You should be ashamed of banning people for your own inability to program certain things properly in a game (something that would not be tolerated let's say a decade ago in the video game industry) and expect that an EULA is above everything, that's false, malicious thinking and ultimately abuse of power.
Also you should consider thinking that your position does not give you immunity against critisism when you are obviously failing to do what should be a no brainer.
You have the perfect opportunity to learn after this mistake about the fact that bug fixing should always be the number one factor in a game and to not bring out content that is not ready for prime time publicly.

I hope my "tough love" message is not offending anybody because that's not my intention, but it's about time some things needed to be said.

Klimis for president 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Cyco_tK:

But DE probably did know, when INCREASING power strength slows enemies down, the logical response to DECREASING power strength would be to speed up enemies, it's the same using a rank 2 overextended and having a neutral nova.

nope they didnt thought of it, many many things in the game were not intentionaly because its hard to think of all the items that could synergize with new incoming stuff

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Vanille:

Just letting you know how ironic this is after every single post of yours in this thread. You're being explained, educated of how things work and you're ignoring everything completely biased on your own opinion that has nothing to do with each topic being discussed and trying to find a way to somehow justify whatever you're trying to argue about with people trying to "be right".

hm how am i different than you in this way just bending the words to fit the case while trying to "be right"

6 minutes ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

and ? you dont get a million per minute with the khorra thing too especially considering the forma you need to spend and the time to lvl up khora every time 

With the unplanned speed nova, the mod is still working as the description : -60% strength. it was just not multiplicative but additive.

With the khora exploit, you spam an ability to revive venari that doesn't work because you are in an odd position and exploit it to gain something totally not affiliated with that : weapons affinity.

People who exploited this should be banned.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb EREN_JAEGER_R:

This is one of the reasons that democracy, in my opinion, is flawed. 

What is Khora's ability? To spawn a Venari next to you. 

So when you use her ability to spawn Venari, but Venari doesn't spawn, do you think it's INTENTIONAL or how did call it "CLEVER GAME MECHANIC" or is it maybe truly a BUG? Rhetorical question btw.

its just a smart way of using a game mechanic (earning exp for every ability used) because he actually used his brain i know what a shame i think those kind of experiments are a main part of the game and they actually help the game growing because otherwise DE wouldnt find those in years so this exploit had such a little impact on the game itself and has the positive thing about it, that they can fix it now and thats how exploit fixing and finding worked for years someone found one published it and it got fixed after 2 days or so and noone got banned for it 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Bowbie:

With the unplanned speed nova, the mod is still working as the description : -60% strength. it was just not multiplicative but additive.

With the khora exploit, you spam an ability to revive venari that doesn't work because you are in an odd position and exploit it to gain something totally not affiliated with that : weapons affinity.

People who exploited this should be banned.

yes they know but no they shouldnt 

15 hours ago, AIAS-5 said:

- When one squad member is done loading a mission and skips the mission intro cinematic before other players have the mission loaded, those might be stuck watching the cinematic without being able to skip it
- The objective waypoint marker sometimes lags behind after entering a new tile, or points to a tile further ahead than the current tile exit

These are the banes of my existence in Warframe 

13 hours ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

i agree with you, there are far worse things out there like leeching people in Hydron or ESO which hurts the whole squad and this is far more annoying than someone that spent actual forma and time on this lvling his stuff

But they basically must leech for full effect. That's just how affinity share works, sadly. You should know, if you have that much experience in the game.

Archived