Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, Kraus0614 said:

Hmm, individuals found a bug and exploited it. Now they are getting suspended for it? Lets review what happened:

A. An exploit is found by a gaming community. The responsibility for said exploit lies with the developers.

B. They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required.

C. The exploit is not harmful by any means.

D. Individuals are punished and held responsible for utilizing some faulty programming that, in reality, the development team should be accountable for.

That would be like someone giving you a [Zenith] but they get mad when you use the disc all the time and report you for it.

The issue is not finding the exploit. The issue is ABUSING the exploit. that responsibility lies with the account owner and they signed into it when making the agreement with DE.

Face it, common sense should have told anyone that this was a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

The issue is not finding the exploit. The issue is ABUSING the exploit. that responsibility lies with the account owner and they signed into it when making the agreement with DE.

Face it, common sense should have told anyone that this was a bad idea.

Very true, also the exploit is harmful, gives players an unfair advantage by lvling that fast, I'll stick to room nuking ESO

1 hour ago, Vanille said:

You can also report it via support tickets. In fact, with game breaking exploits like this, it's highly recommended you do so this way, so it doesn't get publicly known and exploited like this one did, even worse when it's promoted and detailed on how to exploit it with youtube videos.

well yeah. didn't think about the zendesk.

however since he made a video, telling his viewers how to do this, I highly doubt he reported it.

I hope he won't get unbanned, just to make an example out of him.

16 hours ago, Peter said:

For me is permaban to everyone, exploit abuse is violation of EULA.

Well, game is BETA, so we are technically not really breaking EULA as much as we are... testing things out... Some even 'tad' too thoroughly :P

It wasn't really an exploit that made "oh-ma-gawd" huge difference. Instead of 15 minutes to level up your stuff, you did it in 1. Maybe faster and all, but you skipped on any rewards, so it had its downsides.

Temp ban, maybe exp rollback for exploiters. But permaban.. Just don't.

In the last week I've spawned outside the map borders 3 times.  I've watched countless Corpus units be suspended in mid-air after spawning.  I've been forced out of bounds by Corpus units spamming Vauban style bounce grenades.  I've been insta-killed by enemies despite being at full health and having a shielding ability active (yes, accounting for AOE didn't allow an insta-kill).  I've also experienced Moas get no shared xp, which was patched out without so much as a booster being given to make-up for the loss.

With all the bugs above, it's too bad for the end user.  I can spend years asking for frame reworks and balances, or directly cite issues which have had acknowledgement and no apparent moves towards a fix.  Despite this, there's one xp gain bug.  Said bug requires either money spent on Khora, or the grind through sanctuary onslaught.  It then requires a forma to level the frame.  Finally, you had to find a spawn point where artificial rules allowed you to stand somewhere, but because of how the kavat spawns it could not.

Maybe DE could acknowledge a bug, fix it, and instead of swinging the ban hammer be human.  If you can identify who did this, you have server logs for Orb Vallis, you have anti-cheat, and you want to punish people who are bug fixing your BETA game by using broken systems you'd reset their progress.  No harm, no foul, and earned respect for treating customers fairly.  Alternatively, swing the ban hammer.  Watch as die-hards create new accounts, and less invested users simply leave.  This, in my opinion, is developers not talking to the community and penalizing ahead of fixing.

I'm back to an odd place.  Bugs from 4 years ago and older aren't being patched properly.  New content is now locked behind a 300+ day wait, that didn't acknowledge almost two years of the login rewards peaking at a blueprint for the standard gorgon (because it was retired from the game Snipetron style).  Each new content bump is held behind more immense grind walls tied to new factions, who are ignored once you've got their stuff because the grind isn't fun.  The player base keeps expanding....because the game is on more devices.  Those on PC are testers, getting new features in advance of consoles because console certification doesn't allow such half baked features to pass their certification process.  All the while the community is expanding without any means to provide feedback, as the deluge of said feedback to DE would negate its value.  The only content seemingly directly addressed is bugs that make progression too easy, or direct questions from partners who are acting as a filter.

Being frank, the Sigma and Octantis, Zenith, and Lodestar cosmetics are looking pretty expensive to me.  The kind of expensive that isn't worth the frustration, and would facilitate a year without Warframe.  More accurately, another year, as an 18 month hiatus already was a good idea.  Maybe by then Railjack will be at 40%, and there will be something in Fortuna beyond Floofs.  It galls me to say this, but the rest of my steam library looks to be fun.  The kind of fun Warframe used to be.  The kind it should still be.  Unfortunately, the fun rapidly disappearing behind projects vast in ambition without proper execution.  

we can all speculate and point fingers and rejoice in the actions taken, but the problem still exists and the step to the solution may be a temporary one. bottom line is DE no matter how small their studio is or team, there should be a quality control group of testers for every hotfix and update they make BEFORE it goes out to the public<< it's called being "professional"

this is why Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo stresses these company to have their work done properly to get it through certification before it is put out to the public. sloppy work doesn't cut it and here on pc its the wild wild west, throw it on the wall till it's stuck.  and when they are "exposed" they ban..

1 hour ago, masterofdetiny said:

In the last week I've spawned outside the map borders 3 times.  I've watched countless Corpus units be suspended in mid-air after spawning.  I've been forced out of bounds by Corpus units spamming Vauban style bounce grenades.  I've been insta-killed by enemies despite being at full health and having a shielding ability active (yes, accounting for AOE didn't allow an insta-kill).  I've also experienced Moas get no shared xp, which was patched out without so much as a booster being given to make-up for the loss.

With all the bugs above, it's too bad for the end user.  I can spend years asking for frame reworks and balances, or directly cite issues which have had acknowledgement and no apparent moves towards a fix.  Despite this, there's one xp gain bug.  Said bug requires either money spent on Khora, or the grind through sanctuary onslaught.  It then requires a forma to level the frame.  Finally, you had to find a spawn point where artificial rules allowed you to stand somewhere, but because of how the kavat spawns it could not.

Maybe DE could acknowledge a bug, fix it, and instead of swinging the ban hammer be human.  If you can identify who did this, you have server logs for Orb Vallis, you have anti-cheat, and you want to punish people who are bug fixing your BETA game by using broken systems you'd reset their progress.  No harm, no foul, and earned respect for treating customers fairly.  Alternatively, swing the ban hammer.  Watch as die-hards create new accounts, and less invested users simply leave.  This, in my opinion, is developers not talking to the community and penalizing ahead of fixing.

I'm back to an odd place.  Bugs from 4 years ago and older aren't being patched properly.  New content is now locked behind a 300+ day wait, that didn't acknowledge almost two years of the login rewards peaking at a blueprint for the standard gorgon (because it was retired from the game Snipetron style).  Each new content bump is held behind more immense grind walls tied to new factions, who are ignored once you've got their stuff because the grind isn't fun.  The player base keeps expanding....because the game is on more devices.  Those on PC are testers, getting new features in advance of consoles because console certification doesn't allow such half baked features to pass their certification process.  All the while the community is expanding without any means to provide feedback, as the deluge of said feedback to DE would negate its value.  The only content seemingly directly addressed is bugs that make progression too easy, or direct questions from partners who are acting as a filter.

Being frank, the Sigma and Octantis, Zenith, and Lodestar cosmetics are looking pretty expensive to me.  The kind of expensive that isn't worth the frustration, and would facilitate a year without Warframe.  More accurately, another year, as an 18 month hiatus already was a good idea.  Maybe by then Railjack will be at 40%, and there will be something in Fortuna beyond Floofs.  It galls me to say this, but the rest of my steam library looks to be fun.  The kind of fun Warframe used to be.  The kind it should still be.  Unfortunately, the fun rapidly disappearing behind projects vast in ambition without proper execution.  

To be honest with you. The idea of reseting the progress made by those bug exploits should have been a thing a long time ago.

Being brought back to the state before the exploit as been done is way better thant just straight up ban. Adding warning points to the account would be a good thing because currently you dont know if you will get banned or not. For some tenno its a huge investment in multiple ways. 

First Tenno will be like well lesson learned i will protect the time invested by not doing it again.

Second all other tenno will see that its not the all mighty ban hammer and will learn more about the bug exploit being futile ( because of the rollback) 

If the ban way is selected well its the oposite

First the banned tenno will scream on every platform that they got banned for what they did and those once preacher of warframe now spread hate about it

Second its placing the tenno in an enviroment of fear instead of trust.

Third yeah some tenno will be happy about it but honestly maybe some other way may be better.

Fourth you just lose source of income because some of them were buying stuff.

Its basicly some PR stuff that need to be done right ^.^ 

1 minute ago, ranks21 said:

this is why Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo stresses these company to have their work done properly to get it through certification before it is put out to the public. sloppy work doesn't cut it and here on pc its the wild wild west, throw it on the wall till it's stuck.  and when they are "exposed" they ban..

the presence of a bug is not the authorization to exploit it. The bug is not stopping you from playing, and you HAVE TO want to exploit it.

Also, even sony microsoft and nintendo wouldn't stop a game with this bug to get published.

That doesn't mean you can exploit any bug willingly. 

3 minutes ago, Bowbie said:

the presence of a bug is not the authorization to exploit it. The bug is not stopping you from playing, and you HAVE TO want to exploit it.

Also, even sony microsoft and nintendo wouldn't stop a game with this bug to get published.

here's the counter to your silliness, put a kid in a candy store and leave the candy unattended what do you think the kid will do in time?

You can even go as far as to say they intentionally baited that player. sounds extreme right? like I said they need to preoperly test thir builds before putting it out in the public

1 minute ago, ranks21 said:

here's the counter to your silliness, put a kid in a candy store and leave the candy unattended what do you think the kid will do in time?

he won't take it because he's well educated and not an entilted brat ? Or at least he will take it and feel bad and suppose he will get caught and get punished.

7 minutes ago, Bowbie said:

3 minutes ago, Bowbie said:

he won't take it because he's well educated and not an entilted brat ? Or at least he will take it and feel bad and suppose he will get caught and get punished.

I'd say these are reasonable arguments

2 hours ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

its just a smart way of using a game mechanic (earning exp for every ability used) because he actually used his brain i know what a shame i think those kind of experiments are a main part of the game and they actually help the game growing because otherwise DE wouldnt find those in years so this exploit had such a little impact on the game itself and has the positive thing about it, that they can fix it now and thats how exploit fixing and finding worked for years someone found one published it and it got fixed after 2 days or so and noone got banned for it 

To use an ability to spawn a Venari that DOES NOT spawn is called a glitch. It's an error in the code, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong in finding bugs/glitches in the game and report it to the devs so it can be fixed. 

But once you make use of these glitches it's an exploit. You're using the glitch to gain personal advantage. 

And tell yourself all the stories you need about the "Partner" publishing it on social medias. For your information, a Partner does have the capacity to reach out to DE and report a glitch of this scale without notifying the community about it. What happened was he realized the potential of this glitch to benefit him economically and that's the sole reason it played out the way it did. The rest is history. 

Kudos to DE for handling this situation in a professional manner. 

3 hours ago, Bathynomus said:

It's exploit, cheat implies third party tools.

False. In the gaming industry exploit is classified as a certain way of cheating.

Just as an example, I played CS and there were(still are) some visual glitches that gave one of the sides an advantage and the use of those would result in a DQ and a ban.

Still no fix for Nezha Blazing chakram bouncing off targets without targeting/splitting when affected by spikes. Garuda's "stagger" on 1st is barely noticable, and not reliable in advertised 8m range. Garuda's 4 PoV is too low. Instead of making it cone, make it AoE circle cast to put up to tier with other frames debuff abilities.

Man who are the people who figure out the cool exploits and try them like the trinity self damage one. When i got to know about it it was time it got fixed. Is it sort of that or something like hacking servers which are a really bad thing

3 hours ago, Bowbie said:

I couldn't bothe to get further in your post, there were enough error in this.

A. it is by the very definition an exploit, not a "if you wanna call it like that" situation.

B. Not people's mistake that the bug is here. People's mistake to EXPLOIT it.

C. Yeah sure, not the first bug, nor the first to have been exploited. How is this a justification to exploit this one ? I don't like analogies but it's not because you rob once that now, you can rob everytime you want.

D. 1st type: i don't even....  why woul you feel bad for people playing as intented ??? 2nd type: your description doesn't make sense AT ALL. Those are people that play by the rules by not playing by the rule. What are you talking about? are you just a troll ?

E. Yeah so what, there were an exploit. cf C.

F. As a basic player, as a 9 yo kid, you look at the tooltip of the exodia (do damage), you use it and you do damage. You don't really know the numbers but you find it powerful. As far as you can tell, it's working as intended. It's the opposite of the khora exp exploit (getting in an odd position and call your pet a hundred time a sec, to get affinity for your weapon).

G. Working as intended, tooltips are exactly as it was performing. imbalanced it was, not buggy.

conclusion : your post doesn't make any sense

It's funny that there is still some dudes who are blind "or" how I said New ones here.

Yours A. If you wanna call this one game "exploit" that's only one bannable 4Life, so be it.

B. How someone mentioned "They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required." As any other game "exploit" (called by you, instead of a bug) there ever was.

C. So you wanna ban these people now instead of then, cuz they wanted to test it?

D. Can't tell if are you joking or what. Every game comes to the specific point where game runs out of "content" and when you got nothing to do anymore what you suggesting here? Leave game and comeback after there is some? But if you wanna play it then what? (I can't explain here more specific, if you never was addicted to the game, feelsbadman). 2nd part. This is the point where first part explanation comes from "addiction to the game". You just looking for new things that's it. If you can't understand that, then what's the point to me explaining here to you at all? 

F. You took in comparison "the best" bugs of the game here. (Like I'm driving car, but what's about my heart?) Did this "exploit" somehow effected you nor any other player, nor economy of the game? If they bought forma bundle with plat then used it for this bug, then I can see where is problem with that as any other main/alt trades plat. But if you used your own stuff you worked for and then tested the bug. How I said most people could tried it just cuz they saw the video on youtube and got attracted by curiosity to test it. Take to account even plat/stuff trade between accounts leads to the warning in-game message. And in this case boom you done for. Where did you saw rule don't use this combo, cuz you might get banned? I been in warframe for a while, still learning what you can do and what you can't, cuz not every step "you can and cannot do" is putted into what you call rules of the game. There was other bugs that where used as not intended to be used for like this (Lvl up fast, forma, repeat), just dropped out of my mind atm, cuz of this conversation. 

Anyways someone explained better than I did so here it is: "

A. An exploit is found by a gaming community. The responsibility for said exploit lies with the developers.

B. They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required.

C. The exploit is not harmful by any means.

D. Individuals are punished and held responsible for utilizing some faulty programming that, in reality, the development team should be accountable for.

That would be like someone giving you a [Zenith] but they get mad when you use the disc all the time and report you for it."

Not by any means I'm saying and were saying that they can't be punished, yea punish them fair suspension for month or smth, reset exp they gained, take away gear they lvled up instead of kicking them out of game. We can argue here all day and we can go nowhere. So I think you got my message here. 

In conclusion, there were similar bug that this and wasn't bannable, cuz it was a bug as this one is. If you wanna play game by the rules without skip thousands of hours be my quest, but most people looking for shortcuts/easier game/fun/happiness/joy/love for game and sometimes fun bugs. For bans/reverts make it fair instead of kicking them out of the game, that's the only thing that I'm getting here at. Anyways typical warframe community conversation as always here. With further do, if you have still smth to tell here, be my quest, but I'm stopping here and not gonna include myself in making a fight over smth unfair. Just "MAKE it FAIR".

Bye Bye

32 minutes ago, EREN_JAEGER_R said:

False. In the gaming industry exploit is classified as a certain way of cheating.

Just as an example, I played CS and there were(still are) some visual glitches that gave one of the sides an advantage and the use of those would result in a DQ and a ban.

CS:GO - Fnatic Overpass boost vs LDLC

Was they DQ? Yes

Was they banned from the game? No

Archived