Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

9 minutes ago, Klimis said:

The problem here is that there is an increasing amount of people on the forum that feel as entitled as DE feels at the moment.

Only people here that feel entilted are those who exploited the bug.

6 minutes ago, Kraus0614 said:

Does the public develop the game for Digital Extremes? It is solely their fault for allowing this kind of glitch to occur.

it's DE's fault this kind of glitch occur, sure. It the player's fault to exploit it. They didn't got a ban for "bug creating" or "bug writing" or whatever, they got one for "bug exploiting".

25 minutes ago, -HT-Mangoose said:

Sorry this is not the fault of DE, it is the fault of the users that knowing the risks of exploits even use them in an irresponsible way and more on misinform the community claiming that exploits are common and can be used without problems. 

this right here is total fanboyism and ego getting hurt.

here is a bit of logic to open your mind and not your eyes in a question<> If De didn't made and sent out the patch, then the exploit/glitch wouldn't have been found in the first place> It is all their fault for bad scripts given to players.

the sad thing is he made a video to show them (DE) what they overlooked and got banned for said video which is wrong. If you know about ESO you would also know that you cant take a rank 0 frame in, clearly the video shows you can which is the bug and subscribers of his channel saw that vid and it was history from there.

2 minutes ago, Bowbie said:

Only people here that feel entilted are those who exploited the bug.

it's DE's fault this kind of glitch occur, sure. It the player's fault to exploit it.

1. I did not exploit the bug.
2. It's DE's fault that they punish people for their own inability to do proper patching. It's ALWAYS the case, every single time, year after year.

Things like that would have almost NEVER happened if DE was getting seriously bug fixing.
But since for DE bug fixing and beta testing is not a priority since day one, things like that will happen again and again, it's a bottomless pit.

hace 2 minutos, ranks21 dijo:

this right here is total fanboyism and ego getting hurt.

here is a bit of logic to open your mind and not your eyes in a question<> If De didn't made and sent out the patch, then the exploit/glitch wouldn't have been found in the first place> It is all their fault for bad scripts given to players.

in the conditions of use of warframe it is specified that the mechanics of the game can not be manipulated.

if you do not like or you think it's wrong to receive a ban for abusing an exploit that really does not matter here, here what matters is that when you create an account you accept those conditions and you have to be in that thin line.

If you do not like it, do not use the service.

So yesterday I update the game and this is what i'm getting.

On launcher it's says it's up to date.

What I have tried:

• Optimize files
  • Turn off 64-bit mode & Verify files
  • Turn off Buk download & Aggressive download

Nothing helped.

I don't want to reinstall the whole game. :\

Is there any other way to fix this ? 

hace 4 minutos, Klimis dijo:

1. I did not exploit the bug.
2. It's DE's fault that they punish people for their own inability to do proper patching. It's ALWAYS the case, every single time, year after year.

Things like that would have almost NEVER happened if DE was getting seriously bug fixing.
But since for DE bug fixing and beta testing is not a priority since day one, things like that will happen again and again, it's a bottomless pit.

I'd say that you are almost right. But hey, i saw that video, Youtube recommended it to me while im not subscriber of that guy... And what did i do? Nothing, i watched the video and then closed it and did nothing. And why do i think my behaviour was the correct instead of running to Warframe to get profit of the exploit too? 

For me the players weren`t guilty at all, the only guilty, and I'm sorry cause i liked to check some of his builds, is the youtuber. But the case is that they all exploited something that most of us did not. It's hard to judge this, i admit it. 

11 minutes ago, Klimis said:

First, bugs are bound to happen no matter the investment (look at meltdown vulnerabilities, the huge amount of security patch there is in chrome for example. It is the case for ALL programs). Nobody pointed a gun at a player to make him/her exploit.

39 minutes ago, Bowbie said:

First, bugs are bound to happen no matter the investment (look at meltdown vulnerabilities, the huge amount of security patch there is in chrome for example. It is the case for ALL programs). Nobody pointed a gun at a player to make him/her exploit.

True but find me ONE person that believes that DE is doing a fair job with bug fixing. ONE.
Why do so many people act like they are doing a great job when they are not? Infact they are light years away from doing a good job. WHY?

Just now, Klimis said:

True but find me ONE person that DE is doing a fair job with bug fixing. ONE.
Why is so many people act like they are doing a great job when they are not? Infact they are light years away from doing a good job. WHY?

Never said they do a good job at fixing bugs. I said the exploit lies on the player's hand. It's not because they don't fix that right away (it took time to patch something) that it give a free pass to exploit the game.

hace 1 minuto, Klimis dijo:

True but find me ONE person that DE is doing a fair job with bug fixing. ONE.
Why is so many people act like they are doing a great job when they are not? Infact they are light years away from doing a good job. WHY?

Too much focused on open worlds, definitely too much. And then the open worlds are not giving the reward they wanted, the results aren't optimal. They need to review the whole strategy, and the New War adventure should be as revolutionary in mechanics as The War Within was time ago. Hope they get really get it.

4 minutes ago, Bowbie said:

Never said they do a good job at fixing bugs. I said the exploit lies on the player's hand. It's not because they don't fix that right away (it took time to patch something) that it give a free pass to exploit the game.

I have answered to that already, you are not reading.
The exploit was patched fast and it had virtually no notworthy consequences to the game.
DE acted waaay, WAAAYYY too harsh for what it was, instead of realising that they need to start doing a better job at those stuff.
They are learning nothing, it will happen again and again and again and again.
They are not even trying to prevent this unless thay are left with no other option, and evn then it's rather late.

This practice is unlike any other company I have ever seen, it's a one of kind situation.

2 hours ago, ranks21 said:

the sad thing in all of this and some don't even realise how unfair the ban is when its the developers fault, by their standards we all should be banned. we all have used fast nova which has been an exploit since she was implemented, the only difference here if any the exploit attracted more players to help the game grow.. warframe is dying. the whole reskinning is getting old or is old. you can defend whatever you want but you at one point or another will have to face the truth for what it is.

I'm a fan but I am also a harsh critic but never will I be a fanboy or sheep. when youre wrong there's no justification in making it right. they are just mad that their sloppy work got exposed. does it affect me as a player? No! does it looks bad at a professional point of view and how they handle it? Hell yes!

here's food for thought, you cant run from your shadow in the spotlight.

I'm sorry to spoil the fun, but this guy is right. On top of that... All my friends with whom I play warframe we call it " bugframe " and that happened way before the bug exploit you just fixed. So, lets cut to the chase:

1) I'm tired of this vampire style of sucking my energy. I grind for nothing, literally. I can one shot anything, there is no challange nor endgame. And nurfing stuff is not the way to fix this ! 
2) You're fixing only a few bugs, how about the rest ? There are players telling you about bugs since stonehenge. 
3) Stop adding half done content. Seriously, I haven't seen a full version of " content " since.... I really wonder since when, if ever. 
4) Can someone grow some insight and ask us what we want ? Use facebook polls or something ( and allow us to add ideas ). I dont want giant spiders, I dont want " Tony Hawks Pro Skater " and I definetely don't want broken stuff. I need a purpose in this game. 
5) Stop adding new frames if you're not gonna fix the old ones. Even Garuda got nurfed and its been only a little, I dont even want to begin talking about Vauban, Wukong, Atlas, The Queen of Nerfs ( Trinity ) or Ember. ( Poor Ember, she used to be great before rework.) 

Just listen to us, or we're gonna leave. Stop acting like EA and listen to the comunity.

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

The fact that people were willing to perform this exploit says a lot about the current state of the game. DE said they would address this problem, and then gave us a half-baked answer in the form of MR-based mod capacity. The mod capacity was never the problem. The problem (as I have said many times) is that you need 3-5 forma per weapon/frame, and that the time it takes to do that is long enough to be a major limiting factor on players. If I have a new cool gun, and I only have 2 hours to play, I don't want to spend half that time just making it usable.

There's also the fact the DE is actively hurting their revenue by reducing the amount of forma/hour someone can use, seeing as how forma are one of DE's biggest plat sinks. The more forma applied per hour of play, the more plat is drained from the economy, thus the more plat must be bought to replace it. Trades don't make DE money; forma/reactor/catalyst/exilus/etc. make DE money.

I'm not saying the exploit shouldn't have been fixed. This was obviously an exploit of unintended game code. I'm not sure permabans are the right way to go about it, but it definitely needed to be fixed. However, while fixing it, I think DE needs to take a close look at why players would use an exploit that does not give them plat, does not give them tradable items, does not give them any specific or otherwise unobtainable advantage over others, and actively costs them more resources (forma). Otherwise, they risk overlooking a potentially game-killing issue: not properly rewarding a player's limited time to play.

We all here, despite opinions on the certain matter, have made it possible for them (DE and other companies) to put quality, quanity, bug fixing and community relations the least important part of an MMO game. (You ALL know what I'm talking about)
We are all divided, making unreasonable comments and everything, fighting for everything, when we should be all united because we have much more in common than what we admit to have.
DE, and all of the rest companies are always going to be a certain way depending on the current market situation, can't we atleast be united? We all have the same goal anyway and that's enjoying a game.
Your closest allies in this forum, are the rest people that play this game, so don't go againt them, try to find a common ground with them, otherwise we are all going to hell, together with DE.
I'm not here to fight anybody, DE included, but things have to change, can't we make the first step?
☹️

3 minutes ago, Klimis said:

We all here, despite opinions on the certain matter, have made it possible for them (DE and other companies) to put quality, quanity, bug fixing and community relations the least important part of an MMO game. (You ALL know what I'm talking about)
We are all divided, making unreasonable comments and everything, fighting for everything, when we should be all united because we have much more in common than what we admit to have.
DE, and all of the rest companies are always going to be a certain way depending on the current market situation, can't we atleast be united? We all have the same goal anyway and that's enjoying a game.
Your closest allies in this forum, are the rest people that play this game, so don't go againt them, try to find a common ground with them, otherwise we are all going to hell, together with DE.
I'm not here to fight anybody, DE included, but things have to change, can't we make the first step?
☹️

Nicely said m8 and the perma bans will only divide the community even more and will create unnecessary drama.

And so everybody knows, my original post (and the people quoting) that alot of you have commented on, has been removed by DE.
It shows exactly what kind of people they are and what their intentions are.
Ofcourse this is going to be treated on a typical manner like "me doing something wrong" or "using false language" or "it was removed automatically".
Unfortunately for them, or anybody that may have reported it, I make screeshots of every single thing I post here and I can repost them outside for anyone to see.

Stop censoring people, it will not work on your favor.

Also it's of everybody's best interest to start screenshooting the discussions over here.

I would not be surprised if the thread gets locked, my posts and many more get removed, or even some of us getting banned.

From my side, I will let it slide for the moment, but only if it's proven to be the catalyst of a turning point for some things.
If by the next Dev Stream I see no intentions to change the current situations, from that point I'll be taking different approach to similat matters and I cannot guarantee that it will involve respect and proper dialog, something that we are all doing here.

I also want to sincerely share that I am genuinely hurt and dissapointed.
This is not a good day for any of us.

hace 12 minutos, Klimis dijo:

And so everybody knows, my original post (and the people quoting) that alot of you have commented on, has been removed by DE.
It shows exactly what kind of people they are and what their intentions are.
Ofcourse this is going to be treated on a typical manner like "me doing something wrong" or "using false language" or "it was removed automatically".
Unfortunately for them, or anybody that may have reported it, I make screeshots of every single thing I post here and I can repost them outside for anyone to see.

Stop censoring people, it will not work on your favor.

Also it's of everybody's best interest to start screenshooting the discussions over here.

I would not be surprised if the thread gets locked, my posts and many more get removed, or even some of us getting banned.

From my side, I will let it slide for the moment, but only if it's proven to be the catalyst of a turning point for some things.
If by the next Dev Stream I see no intentions to change the current situations, I'll take a different approach to the matter and I cannot guarantee it will involve respect and proper dialog, something that we are all doing here.

Calm down, you will only get banned by break the rules, what is a complete nonsense. I understand you, so thats why i say that you prefere to stay here and keep telling the truth (at least your truth) instead of getting banned and close all your opportunities to contribute for a change in the game, right? Just calm down. The message is pretty clear.

4 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Calm down, you will only get banned by break the rules, what is a complete nonsense. I understand you, so thats why i say that you prefere to stay here and keep telling the truth (at least your truth) instead of getting banned and close all your opportunities to contribute for a change in the game, right? Just calm down. The message is pretty clear.

I am calm but we are being silenced!

As I said in my previous post, I am hurt, really hurt and really dissapointed.
All my words come out of these feelings, I mean no harm to anybody.

All of my posts contain constructive critisism and they involve words that parents give to their children when they give them tough love.
I mean no harm or offense to anybody.
But DE and everybody in the forum, this is our intervention.
Things need to change, drasticaly.

Ever since the update from the last Plague Star event, oculyst scanner sentients have not been spawning properly on Plato, Lua.  This has been brought up many many times and completely ignored still.  It'd be great if someone could take a look into that as newer players who need the sentient kills for the relay, and people who are looking for vengeful revenant/war blade/war hilt are finding one oculyst spawn every 10-15 runs.

And as for this whole Khora bug exploit, I feel this whole thing is blown out of proportion.  For everyone calling it harmful, let's do the math.  The video claimed it was possible to level a weapon from 0 to 30 with an affinity booster in 30 seconds (not including the time spent loading in and out of Orb Vallis, formaing, etc).  With an affinity booster, leveling someone's entire set (primary/secondary/melee) takes 3, read THREE zones, (4 if you have an EXTREMELY bad tileset/infested).  If you're only leveling one weapon, it's 1 zone unless the first zone is terrible, in which case, 2.  Each zone in ESO is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.  3 zones would be 7 minutes and 30 seconds.  So the "unfair advantage" gained by the Khora bug exploiters (and I hesitate to call it a bug since it seems more like bad design honestly) is anywhere from 2 minutes to 7 minutes saved (with affinity booster and no smeeta double affinity cat buff for all cases including the Khora exploitation) per weapon set.

Now, let's define harmful.  To me, harmful (in terms of this game) is either something that affects the game's economy in a drastic way (E.g. duping mods/plat/prime parts), or something that affects the server stability (E.g. causing the server/people's games to crash).  2 to 7 minutes of time saved is not exactly harmful in my opinion.  Nobody gained an unfair advantage in terms of MR ranks with this exploit.  Why?  Because those weapons needed to be obtained normally anyways; The exploit didn't magically create built weapons they didn't already own out of thin air.  They still needed to obtain the blueprint/parts/money/resources/time required for the built weapon for the MR.

That said, I AM of the opinion of punishing the people who did exploit this.  I am NOT of the opinion that they deserve a 2035 ban though.  A more appropriate punishment would be something like removing Khora and any weapons leveled in this manner + any MR associated with Khora and said weapons, and maybe a day's ban per weapon leveled this way (including releveling due to forma-ing a weapon).  That way, the more they abused it, the harsher the punishment.  And they'd either have to spend plat to buy Khora again or farm her again through SO.  A 2035 ban seems extremely drastic for an exploit that's relatively harmless.  That's like giving someone, who didn't refill the parking meter in time, the death penalty instead of a parking ticket.

TL:DR

Please fix the Lua sentient spawning issue.

Archived