Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

vor 33 Minuten schrieb kackiz:

Harmless!? You call levelling up weapons at a lightning fast rate Harmless!? You're probably one of the offenders. Play legit and stop cheating, because that's what that is, and cheats on an online game are NOT fair play!

considering its in the game its not in any way a cheat its just a bug a ingame mechanic thats used to out adventage and if you consider we are doing this with everything in the game, we use the game mechanics of some warframes and weapons and some synergies between those to ease out the game for ourself this is nothing different 

maiming strike and bloodrush for example wasnt supposed to be that strong DE just didnt knew first but at some point the playerbase found out it was strong and used it so hard that now every melee weapon doesnt punch trough walls anymore and they have to rework melee weapons but thats not our problem thats the problem of DE because they have to try balancing the game somehow 

1 minute ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

considering its in the game its not in any way a cheat its just a bug a ingame mechanic thats used to out adventage and if you consider we are doing this with everything in the game, we use the game mechanics of some warframes and weapons and some synergies between those to ease out the game for ourself this is nothing different 

maiming strike and bloodrush for example wasnt supposed to be that strong DE just didnt knew first but at some point the playerbase found out it was strong and used it so hard that now every melee weapon doesnt punch trough walls anymore and they have to rework melee weapons but thats not our problem thats the problem of DE because they have to try balancing the game somehow 

2 minutes ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

6. DURATION OF ONLINE SERVICES

The Software is an online game that must be played over the Internet through the Service as provided by Digital Extremes. You understand and agree that the Service is provided by Digital Extremes at its discretion and may be terminated or otherwise discontinued by DE at any time for any reason or no reason.

GGWP

1 minute ago, CrystalSpark said:

How do you know he won't become unbanned later on? He is an important Warframe Partner after all...

first off he might lose the privilage of losing the title of warframe partner second off i have looked at image his ban ends in like 17 years 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Plaxed:

No, is not. 

but still there is a reason the video is not listed anymore on youtube man, and the reason is clearly, that he wanted to protect the playerbase from knowing of it after he saw that DE bans people 

and on his twitter is a screenshot of him showing he got banned for this so there is no reason to remove the video there because everyone that sees this on twitter will see the screenshot too and will stop using the exploit man 

people like u really piss me off ure lucky that in this forum i cant offend you without getting banned for it otherwise i wouldnt be able to handle myself 

7 minutes ago, Capricorn42 said:

first off he might lose the privilage of losing the title of warframe partner second off i have looked at image his ban ends in like 17 years 

ohhhh, the word "might"...let me welcome the word "money!"

he got money from showing off that video regarding the exploit, that's the main reason why he posted the video!!!

if not for money, why even have warframe partners? because they are more important than the rest of the community? obviously nope...

Also, it was an auto-ban...so yeah

sigh~ i think you guys are missing the point here. its a bug/possible exploit -- its not supposed to be abused, its supposed to be reported for them to fix, not to make a video about it telling players on 'how to do it' so they can also exploit the said bug.

it doesnt matter whatever it can do to you or your accounts, abusing it 'knowingly' that its not a natural way of playing the game is a ban.

1 minute ago, Xenophil said:

@[DE]Megan I know another XP exploit. How to demonstrate it without getting banned?

report it and do not exploit it. Or you can exploit it first and relogin after 2k35

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Plaxed:

6. DURATION OF ONLINE SERVICES

The Software is an online game that must be played over the Internet through the Service as provided by Digital Extremes. You understand and agree that the Service is provided by Digital Extremes at its discretion and may be terminated or otherwise discontinued by DE at any time for any reason or no reason.

GGWP

so youre saying what ? that DE can ban us all if they want to? yes i know this line and its crazy when you think about this so they can clearly ban us all without any reason at all but this doesnt change the fact that there is no legit reason to do so 

19 minutes ago, DigitalMist said:

For a cheat, in a non-competitve online game such as Warframe, it is a very harmless cheat.

It's harmless for us, but it's harmless economically for DE.
People are still buying boosters, you know... 

Just now, -TSA-Vendetta said:

so youre saying what ? that DE can ban us all if they want to? yes i know this line and its crazy when you think about this so they can clearly ban us all without any reason at all but this doesnt change the fact that there is no legit reason to do so 

Yep technicly they can ban you for something else totaly without any reasons to give you.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BeeWhyOhBee:

sigh~ i think you guys are missing the point here. its a bug/possible exploit -- its not supposed to be abused, its supposed to be reported for them to fix, not to make a video about it telling players on 'how to do it' so they can also exploit the said bug.

it doesnt matter whatever it can do to you or your accounts, abusing it 'knowingly' that its not a natural way of playing the game is a ban.

report it and do not exploit it. Or you can exploit it first and relogin after 2k35

how am i supposed to report it ? no ticket this doesnt work and forum often doesnt reach attention too and if it does it is as public as a video too so i dont see the issue 

vor 40 Minuten schrieb German:

RIP to everyone who did that exp exploit.

Hope they didn't get a perm ban though, you let us PC players test and report bugs in your game (that's still in "Beta") for more than 5 years and just because they use a bug for their benefit you ban them instead of just reverting the exp gained. EULA violation or not, it's a bad move in my opinion.

If it's just a short temp ban it's fine though.

I agree. Judging from the ban messages i have seen DE only knows "doing nothing" or "banned basically forever". Having no steps in between seems nonsensical to me. Seeing how some interactions are left in the game for ages makes destinguishing exploit from fair-to-use mechanic harder then neccessary so perma banning without warning beforehand is just excessive.

The case on hand is also not as simple as it seems at first glance. While the process made leveling very quick it also required the constant use of Forma in preperation for every leveling run. So while leveling itself was made quicker, the people who did also invested a fair bit of Forma. Therefore I suggest banning no one forever over this, especially since a Warframe Partner showed it off.

Gerade eben schrieb trunks013:

Yep technicly they can ban you for something else totaly without any reasons to give you.

i know that like i said but thats not the point of the discussion and posting those lines doesnt add anything to this discussion because i said the ban is pointless without any real reason i know they dont have to have a real reason but it doesnt change the fact that there is no reason at all 

34 minutes ago, Mulchman said:

Weekly reminder that there's a 9k Mastery points deficit but in the game right now. It hasn't been addressed since Fortuna launched.

Pre-Fortuna I had everything non-founders except 2 login weapons and so this is how my points should look now:

11/07/2018 MR Pre Fortuna 1,675,613
* accurate via Wiki and other players
  Star Chart (???) 24
* 24 on wifes account, but 14 on mine seems to make the numbers make more sense!? ??????
  Garuda 6,000  
  Nagantaka 3,000  
  Battacor 3,000  
  Ocucor 3,000  
  Kreska 3,000  
  Lambeo 6,000 * bought w/ plat
  Oloro 6,000 * bought w/ plat
  Para 6,000  
  Catchmoon 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Gaze 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Rattleguts 3,000  
  Tombfinger 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Oxylus 6,000  
  Multron 3,000  
  Bad Baby 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Flatbelly 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Needlenose 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  AKVasto Prime 3,000  
  Cryotra 3,000  
  Tazicor 3,000  
  Vulcax 3,000  
  MR Should Be Total 1,753,637  

... but in game my points are less and I'm owed 9k+:

11/19/2018 MR Actual In-Game 1,744,627
  MR Difference 9,010

Moas only give 3k mastery. Now if thats intentional or not, idk.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

I agree. Judging from the ban messages i have seen DE only knows "doing nothing" or "banned basically forever". Having no steps in between seems nonsensical to me. Seeing how some interactions are left in the game for ages makes destinguishing exploit from fair-to-use mechanic harder then neccessary so perma banning without warning beforehand is just excessive.

The case on hand is also not as simple as it seems at first glance. While the process made leveling very quick it also required the constant use of Forma in preperation for every leveling run. So while leveling itself was made quicker, the people who did also invested a fair bit of Forma. Therefore I suggest banning no one forever over this, especially since a Warframe Partner showed it off.

well when you can skip one of the main mechanics there's no middle ground to talk about or a more relaxed ground to stand on either because it was abused to dangerous levels

1 minute ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

how am i supposed to report it ? no ticket this doesnt work and forum often doesnt reach attention too and if it does it is as public as a video too so i dont see the issue 

trust me, something like this ? i dont think its something to 'not reach attention' and let this be a lesson to those who wants to look for bugs and try exploiting them --

if it somehow causes you to do things easier but 'not in a natural way' as per game mechanics, do not exploit it. As if the way the game makes you gain affinity is hard anyway

Archived