[DE]Megan

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

Just a suggestion, but could you guys either turn off enemies becoming alert when seeing dead bodies, or give us the ability to hide/dispose of dead bodies? Stealth is a bit broken without one or the other.

Other than that, thanks for all you guys do!

• Upvote 1

Has DE ever done anything in response to a forum thread? One thing I wish DE would do is show that their actions are in response to a player's opinion. Lately I've been wondering where DE is getting their sauce from. They seem to change things as if we asked them to, but at the same time they're pretty oblivious to what we're actually asking for.

I remember in an old stream, Steve said they're looking into NOT implementing new exclusive resources since the player feedback was mostly negative, then here we are, new exclusive fortuna resources. Then there's the Riven nerf being overall negative. There's no way you can nerf all the rivens for snipers (the ones that actually behave like snipers) and call it a good rework. They skimmed past Vauban and Chroma, each of them got worse than nerfed, they became useless or niche. Now for the very first time they're going to ban/suspend players for doing something in game that is possible by design. I mean Volt's 2 and Saryn's 3 does the same thing. This is literally them giving us a Primed Streamline, then us realizing "we can get over 100% efficiency if we do X and Y", then DE responds with "That's an exploit! We didn't want you to do that X with Y, so hold base of my Ban Hammer with your account". Honestly it's time to give Warframe credit for being a good free to play game, but there's a lot to be desired on customer support.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Has DE ever done anything in response to a forum thread? One thing I wish DE would do is show that their actions are in response to a player's opinion. Lately I've been wondering where DE is getting their sauce from. They seem to change things as if we asked them to, but at the same time they're pretty oblivious to what we're actually asking for.

I remember in an old stream, Steve said they're looking into NOT implementing new exclusive resources since the player feedback was mostly negative, then here we are, new exclusive fortuna resources. Then there's the Riven nerf being overall negative. There's no way you can nerf all the rivens for snipers (the ones that actually behave like snipers) and call it a good rework. They skimmed past Vauban and Chroma, each of them got worse than nerfed, they became useless or niche. Now for the very first time they're going to ban/suspend players for doing something in game that is possible by design. I mean Volt's 2 and Saryn's 3 does the same thing. This is literally them giving us a Primed Streamline, then us realizing "we can get over 100% efficiency if we do X and Y", then DE responds with "That's an exploit! We didn't want you to do that X with Y, so hold base of my Ban Hammer with your account". Honestly it's time to give Warframe credit for being a good free to play game, but there's a lot to be desired on customer support.

Thats a gameplay allowed and not a programming issue. Its balacing issues, that khora bug its a abuse of a programming bug, and they can do whatever they want with the account involved. You dont get it? really?

1 minute ago, Plaxed said:

Thats a gameplay allowed and not a programming issue. Its balacing issues, that khora bug its a abuse of a programming bug, and they can do whatever they want with the account involved. You dont get it? really?

What don't I get exactly? I'm curious as to their reasoning behind recent additions and changes. Like I said, Steve said we hated new exclusive resources, so surprise, new exclusive resources.

4 hours ago, AIAS-5 said:

- Recently, Oculysts on Lua (specifically Extermination) only seem to spawn on very rare occasions after being announced by the Lotus (like 1 out of 4 cases)

Oculysts on Lua period have randomized spawning in each of the mission tilesets. That said, I would be unsurprised to find they've been spawning in outside of the map and simply dropping out of the world, or despawning from the mission because they spawned in a locked room or hidden area.

this exploit just made the affinity booster pointless...

also i've never even heard of this before

well even if i did i still wouldn't do it because exploits are bannable

• Like 1

hace 5 minutos, Descent-of-Damocles dijo:

What don't I get exactly? I'm curious as to their reasoning behind recent additions and changes. Like I said, Steve said we hated new exclusive resources, so surprise, new exclusive resources.

I believe that you are mixing apples with pears, regardless of what the players think or what has happened in the past with DE, the conditions of use of warframe are very clear in terms of the abuse of game mechanics.
Anyway DE can ban or unban for no reason, are the owners of the game.
If users want to use exploits they are free to do so but always at the risk of receiving a ban.

• Like 2

Just now, -HT-Mangoose said:

I believe that you are mixing apples with pears, regardless of what the players think or what has happened in the past with DE, the conditions of use of warframe are very clear in terms of the abuse of game mechanics.
Anyway DE can ban or unban for no reason, are the owners of the game.
If users want to use exploits they are free to do so but always at the risk of receiving a ban.

Seems fair to me

1 minute ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Oculysts on Lua period have randomized spawning in each of the mission tilesets. That said, I would be unsurprised to find they've been spawning in outside of the map and simply dropping out of the world, or despawning from the mission because they spawned in a locked room or hidden area.

I couldn't get 1 to spawn after 14 runs

2 minutes ago, KenthNisshoku said:

this exploit just made the affinity booster pointless...

also i've never even heard of this before

well even if i did i still wouldn't do it because exploits are bannable

Resource drop chance booster, Credit booster, Affinity Booster, they're all useless except for Resource booster. I'm sure they know this too because they never bundle that with Prime Access

4 hours ago, German said:

RIP to everyone who did that exp exploit.

Hope they didn't get a perm ban though, you let us PC players test and report bugs in your game (that's still in "Beta") for more than 5 years and just because they use a bug for their benefit you ban them instead of just reverting the exp gained. EULA violation or not, it's a bad move in my opinion.

If it's just a short temp ban it's fine though.

Hence why they say Extreme offenders ~ if someone is using a exploit to gain a significant advantage then they are likely not going to stop for a mere slap on the wrist when another is found

1 minute ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Resource drop chance booster, Credit booster, Affinity Booster, they're all useless except for Resource booster. I'm sure they know this too because they never bundle that with Prime Access

LOL: https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

• Haha 1

Just now, AzureTerra said:

Hence why they say Extreme offenders ~ if someone is using a exploit to gain a significant advantage then they are likely not going to stop for a mere slap on the wrist when another is found

Define Significant advantage?

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube.

now that it is fixed mind telling what the exploit was?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Descent-of-Damocles:

Define Significant advantage?

Extreme gain of MR Exp by ranking up multiple weapons with that way?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vanille said:

One could argue that permabanning these players is harsh, but trying to justify the exploit is ridiculous. People who did it knew what they were getting into.

This ^ is possibly the most sensible comment on the whole thread.

No pointing fingers, no dodging bullets, no smirking, just telling what it is.

It's an exploit, and banning people for it is too harsh.

• Like 1

Just now, Rawbeard said:

now that it is fixed mind telling what the exploit was?

A warframe partner posted a video on youtube. You basically get EXP/affinity by standing still and MASHING the third ability on a level 5+ Khora while standing on areas NPCs can't spawn. This is similar to how Volt's 2 and Saryn's 3 worked, by using a smeeta charm for infinity energy. The Idea is that Khora has no energy cost on her 3, as well as fulfilling the no casting animation criteria

2 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

Extreme gain of MR Exp by ranking up multiple weapons with that way?

So what advantage does MR give me? I can think of higher syndicate standings earned per day resulting in quicker access to (some) useful augments and weapons. In terms of modding capacity, if your MR is already high, what difference does this make? I used to Bere fodder unmodded weapons 0-30 two at a time. When they check my profile in their DB, they'll find I was 0-30ing weapons without killing since a year ago

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Plaxed said:

I bet he reported the bug before.

I went to the bug report section and looked up all bug reports that involved Khora

He did not.

Someone else reported it after seeing his video. This person even linked to N00blShowteks video

8 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

You basically get EXP/affinity by standing still and MASHING the third ability on a level 5+ Khora while standing on areas NPCs can't spawn.

this is the saddest way to exploit... worth the decades of bans, I guess. thanks though

Fix the bug that happens when Saryn use miasma and Nekros can't desecrate those bodies