Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

@[DE]Megan

Making this post to part defend and explain the whole situation here. I was thinking of leaving it as is, maybe people will found the way to get out the hole, but still if they not. I might brag myself about it later.

First of all, making it clear "I don't get banned nor any of my friends, clan member", cuz of using that "exp" exploit if you wanna call it like that. But I definitely saw it on youtube. I might tried it If I had smth to level doe, cuz it seemed like basic bug as always in warframe. Saw few videos on youtube, thought "gonna try if I'm not lazy since I knew it's gonna be fixed in a couple of days" but it wasn't fixed since fortuna's launch that's not people mistakes, that's DE's. Sorry DE I love you, but I'm speaking the truth. MR 26 btw here. You can't tell me that: "You can't find bugs left and right in the game" gonna talk about it later. When I saw this hotfix and hidden message: "We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly." was thinking hmm what it was. Then started reading comments and found out it was exp bug. After that I remembered that bug that I saw and was thanking to myself that I forgot about it at all, cuz who knows maybe even I could tried it. To people who says: "They got what they deserved" must be new ones here, no offense but I really think so. If you really think this is the first game "exploit" (Found this word only after this ban wave doe) or game braking mechanic, that was ever in the game and players can benefit from it, I'm sorry but you're WRONG. To me there is kinda three times players in every game: 1. Basic player, who plays by the rules from the game launch till this moment, does everything as it is (Have to feel bad for such player) where is fun in that tell me? 5 years same thing huh xD. 2. Player who player by the rules till here reaches point where you need to invent smth to make game fun again (Playing by the rules with the bugs). 3. Cheaters who uses other software or mouse scripts to cheat their way to the top or skip time how I say. (This is the out time people that I hate the most and if they got caught, should be never ever un_banned, what I'm saying here you basically done for, so get out in term language). Let's start from beginning what I still can remember from all these years. Let's start with Draco, who still don't know, that it was the simplest exp farm in the game back then, most of my gear I leveled up there without any boosts or anything, it was the fastest exp grind apart stealth exp, just take excal as dmg and you gucci (had insane dmg though walls). Let's bring the biggest juice there ever was "RAIDS" oh boi. In now terms called game exploited area. Basically what I'm saying You could complete missions in 13+ min (Lor and Lor NM) instead of an hour since operator launched. So you basically getting those arcane as fast as you can (Keep aside that after mission, mission was on cooldown, but still). You could skip, exploit your way through that first room in seconds, you could skip doors through first and second room (room - maps). And there is JV, where you can skip doors on third map with specific frames as skip all third part in seconds. Now let's talk about these days "exploit" there was in game where they got fixed and no one got banned for it thank god. First of all Wukong+throwing Zaw nuke, where you could clear room in seconds (gain more exp exp/hour). There zaw dagger + arcane (Exodia Contagion) got nerfed. Then wukong augment appeared when you only was needed Glaive to nuke rooms (gain more exp/hour) got fixed. Banshee's 4th after rework was insanely good, where you can clear rooms in second without any energy basically, just have zenurik and you're good. Akkad credit farm + secura lectra before rework of secura it was the fastest way to get credits in the game, I remember when I got 1,7mil in 15 waves that was smth, it was bug not "exploit" of the game, you give us bug we take it while we can while enjoying. Oh there was also synoid gammacor back then when I farmed every single boss with it, it was just one-shooting every boss not a big deal, yea? okay. Said Now days bug, but I lied how it seems, cuz memory it such hard thing to control doe. Secura penta, tonkor nukes fun times. Synoid simulor run and gun. Saryn + spores on the clone + toroid = nuke. Daikyu one-shooting every player with specific mod as Anku also. Ok ok now days. Eidolons + madurai = one-shot them (not a big deal) I used it cuz is fast, less work, fun, not just sit there and pew pew for years. For that sometimes I miss Raids and their bugs. Wanna exp bug? The last fast exp "exploit" (your words not mine) was Sanctuary onslaught after launch, where you can get plenty of exp in two rounds, two god damn rounds without boost. With boost was even faster than that. (Got fixed in 1 or 2 days can't remember), problem was that there mobs lvl/exp as not in sanctuary onslaught mode. And now new Arbitration mods (Don't know if there is still a thing or not). What basically you can do with them, you can brake a game or just make yourself a 9th kingdom undefeated boss, just that. You made a mistake we took it as advantage, should we all get banned for that, for making game fun to us after all these years, I don't think so. Now let's talk about macro. I never saw macro as a good thing, since most  people used it in old RS as afk farm, you just press one key and put auto on it boom done. So when it got implemented in warframe from the start I saw it as a bad thing and though that everyone was cheating back then, cuz I only knew macro for one thing afk part time. First time I hear about it was when secura lectra and credit farm was a thing, where instead of breaking your left hand's pinky, pointing and tumb, you just could spam one button to make deadly spin. So I never saw it as good thing. But since got bored last year or this year can't remember of gear wheel (time waster) I'm too starting using them, just for gear wheel, to make it spammable. So when I hear that you let 3 combo macros, I didn't believed, so I never used it , but know some people who use them daily. And now this Khora's 3rd + macro made her 3rd spammable was peoples fault. Yea they found the bug in the game where they made advantage of it and? Everytime people find smth, but somehow you just skipped videos on youtube, threads on forum and let it keep happening since fortuna's launch, why I'm saying launch? I'm pretty sure it already was in the game before any hotfix after fortuna, but people didn't found till recent. Gonna repeat myself again, I love DE, but DE you left typical bug "again" and you though that no one will found it, as always. I'm also not saying that they shouldn't be punished for "Warframe + macro combo", just of macro part I agree with you, it was too much game braking here, but still I don't agree that they should be banned for 17 years doe. Give them 1-4 weeks, cuz you still need to address people who where using it of not knowing the consequence or of curiosity. Cuz how I said word "exploit" instead of a "game bug" I only learned today, after all there bugs in the past I tried myself, so half of that banned crowd today might be also. Sometimes I'm thinking what would happen to me if someday I got banned and support won't help me, do I leave warframe for good? Do I fight till the end, till the last breath? Do I recreate new account and start over? Probably do fight till I lost interest or run out of counter attack. If that won't help probably would leave for good, just remembering all there years, pain, hard work, resources ($), pleasure I spent on this game (this would be my emotions from the start of playing till ban: happy,lazy,happy for new contend,banned = angry). Sometimes was fun as hell, sometimes I swear it pisses me off, then you start looking for word called "skip" that part. Or when you are veteran it's other story you just keep looking for new things to play with, cuz you in a state of laziness. So in summary ban real cheaters for 17 years and those who breaked your game with your leftovers after fortuna's launch for 1-4 weeks + reroll exp they gained back. Or think of smth else not so harsh as like comparing it with prison sentence.

I think I added everything I knew from this point forward or didn't wanted to address other things about the game. Most people might agree with me most might not, but you can have your way, I don't blame it. I just said what I wanted it might help some, some might not.

Till then, Happy Reading. 😉 Cius

12 minutes ago, MotedLTU said:

Making this post to part defend and explain the whole situation here. I was thinking of leaving it as is, maybe people will found the way to get out the hole, but still if they not. I might brag myself about it later.

First of all, making it clear "I don't get banned nor any of my friends, clan member", cuz of using that "exp" exploit if you wanna call it like that. But I definitely saw it on youtube. I might tried it If I had smth to level doe, cuz it seemed like basic bug as always in warframe. Saw few videos on youtube, thought "gonna try if I'm not lazy since I knew it's gonna be fixed in a couple of days" but it wasn't fixed since fortuna's launch that's not people mistakes, that's DE's. Sorry DE I love you, but I'm speaking the truth. MR 26 btw here. You can't tell me that: "You can't find bugs left and right in the game" gonna talk about it later. When I saw this hotfix and hidden message: "We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly." was thinking hmm what it was. Then started reading comments and found out it was exp bug. After that I remembered that bug that I saw and was thanking to myself that I forgot about it at all, cuz who knows maybe even I could tried it. To people who says: "They got what they deserved" must be new ones here, no offense but I really think so. If you really think this is the first game "exploit" (Found this word only after this ban wave doe) or game braking mechanic, that was ever in the game and players can benefit from it, I'm sorry but you're WRONG. To me there is kinda three times players in every game: 1. Basic player, who plays by the rules from the game launch till this moment, does everything as it is (Have to feel bad for such player) where is fun in that tell me? 5 years same thing huh xD. 2. Player who player by the rules till here reaches point where you need to invent smth to make game fun again (Playing by the rules with the bugs). 3. Cheaters who uses other software or mouse scripts to cheat their way to the top or skip time how I say. (This is the out time people that I hate the most and if they got caught, should be never ever un_banned, what I'm saying here you basically done for, so get out in term language). Let's start from beginning what I still can remember from all these years. Let's start with Draco, who still don't know, that it was the simplest exp farm in the game back then, most of my gear I leveled up there without any boosts or anything, it was the fastest exp grind apart stealth exp, just take excal as dmg and you gucci (had insane dmg though walls). Let's bring the biggest juice there ever was "RAIDS" oh boi. In now terms called game exploited area. Basically what I'm saying You could complete missions in 13+ min (Lor and Lor NM) instead of an hour since operator launched. So you basically getting those arcane as fast as you can (Keep aside that after mission, mission was on cooldown, but still). You could skip, exploit your way through that first room in seconds, you could skip doors through first and second room (room - maps). And there is JV, where you can skip doors on third map with specific frames as skip all third part in seconds. Now let's talk about these days "exploit" there was in game where they got fixed and no one got banned for it thank god. First of all Wukong+throwing Zaw nuke, where you could clear room in seconds (gain more exp exp/hour). There zaw dagger + arcane (Exodia Contagion) got nerfed. Then wukong augment appeared when you only was needed Glaive to nuke rooms (gain more exp/hour) got fixed. Banshee's 4th after rework was insanely good, where you can clear rooms in second without any energy basically, just have zenurik and you're good. Akkad credit farm + secura lectra before rework of secura it was the fastest way to get credits in the game, I remember when I got 1,7mil in 15 waves that was smth, it was bug not "exploit" of the game, you give us bug we take it while we can while enjoying. Oh there was also synoid gammacor back then when I farmed every single boss with it, it was just one-shooting every boss not a big deal, yea? okay. Said Now days bug, but I lied how it seems, cuz memory it such hard thing to control doe. Secura penta, tonkor nukes fun times. Synoid simulor run and gun. Saryn + spores on the clone + toroid = nuke. Daikyu one-shooting every player with specific mod as Anku also. Ok ok now days. Eidolons + madurai = one-shot them (not a big deal) I used it cuz is fast, less work, fun, not just sit there and pew pew for years. For that sometimes I miss Raids and their bugs. Wanna exp bug? The last fast exp "exploit" (your words not mine) was Sanctuary onslaught after launch, where you can get plenty of exp in two rounds, two god damn rounds without boost. With boost was even faster than that. (Got fixed in 1 or 2 days can't remeber), problem was that there mobs lvl/exp as not in sanctuary onslaught mode. And now new Arbitration mods (Don't know if there is still a thing or not). What basically you can do with them, you can brake a game or just make yourself a 9th kingdom undefeated boss, just that. You made a mistake we took it as advantage, should we all get banned for that, for making game fun to us after all these years, I don't think so. Now let's talk about macro. I never saw macro as a good thing, since most  people used it in old RS as afk farm, you just press one key and put auto on it boom done. So when it got implemented in warframe from the start I saw it as a bad thing and though that everyone was cheating back then, cuz I only knew macro for one thing afk part time. First time I hear about it was when secura lectra and credit farm was a thing, where instead of breaking your left hand's pinky, pointing and tumb, you just could spam one button to make deadly spin. So I never saw it as good thing. But since got bored last year or this year can't remember of gear wheel (time waster) I'm too starting using them, just for gear wheel, to make it spammable. So when I hear that you let 3 combo macros, I didn't believed, so I never used it , but know some people who use them daily. And now this Khora's 3rd + macro made her 3rd spammable was peoples fault. Yea they found the bug in the game where they made advantage of it and? Everytime people find smth, but somehow you just skipped videos on youtube, threads on forum and let it keep happening since fortuna's launch, why I'm saying launch? I'm pretty sure it already was in the game before any hotfix after fortuna, but people didn't found till recent. Gonna repeat myself again, I love DE, but DE you left typical bug "again" and you though that no one will found it, as always. I'm also not saying that they shouldn't be punished for "Warframe + macro combo", just of macro part I agree with you, it was too much game braking here, but still I don't agree that they should be banned for 17 years doe. Give them 1-4 weeks, cuz you still need to address people who where using it of not knowing the consequence or of curiosity. Cuz how I said word "exploit" instead of a "game bug" I only learned today, after all there bugs in the past I tried myself, so half of that banned crowd today might be also. Sometimes I'm thinking what would happen to me if someday I got banned and support won't help me, do I leave warframe for good? Do I fight till the end, till the last breath? Do I recreate new account and start over? Probably do fight till I lost interest or run out of counter attack. If that won't help probably would leave for good, just remembering all there years, pain, hard work, resources ($), pleasure I spent on this game (this would be my emotions from the start of playing till ban: happy,lazy,happy for new contend,banned = angry). Sometimes was fun as hell, sometimes I swear it pisses me off, then you start looking for word called "skip" that part. Or when you are veteran it's other story you just keep looking for new things to play with, cuz you in a state of laziness. So in summary ban real cheaters for 17 years and those who breaked your game with your leftovers after fortuna's launch for 1-4 weeks + reroll exp they gained back. Or think of smth else not so harsh as like comparing it with prison sentence.

I think I added everything I knew from this point forward or didn't wanted to address other things about the game. Most people might agree with me most might not, but you can have your way, I don't blame it. I just said what I wanted it might help some, some might not.

Till then, Happy Reading. 😉 Cius

You forgot Eris-Viver where you could basically farm resources almost forever just with banshee+mag+nekros etc and no massive bans so far afaik.

7 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Still no fix for not being able to name our crafted K-Drives. Is gilding supposed to be a thing or not? People need to know how this will change so they can decide whether to craft more K-Drives or not. It's pretty lame that it's been this long, and the only way to get an insta forma and the ability to name your K-Drive is by paying for it with platinum.

Good thing I haven't looked into the K-drive scene at all yet.

8 hours ago, M3JA said:

@[DE]Megan pls fix the challenge for caves on Fortuna. I found them all and it is still 25/30. Please fix it. Thank you.

26/30

2lmrpyb.jpg

And I hate it 500% because of Steam Achievements date complete. I completed this 4 days after release.....

26 Is not even a cave is only a hole 10m empty nothing you can´t do there they are only rocks and "cave" is big hm 5 x 5 m thats all :crylaugh:

Spoiler

2pt8ggj.jpg

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Plaxed:

Examples: Please read this and come back later.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit
https://www.dbltap.com/posts/6099290-players-can-be-banned-for-abusing-fortnite-pickaxe-exploit - Yes, a pick axe.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=286747/blizzard-taking-action-against-world-quest-exploits - Yes, a World Quest plugin for the client.
https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=content&d=hnban - ESEA Xploits
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Exploits

So dont waste your time trying to convince us to understand you fragile point of view. ITS A EXPLOIT and im glad those "smart" people get banned.

Why do you think that i consider it not an exploit? I am going to quote myself here from this very thread: 

"You couldnt have one without the other. The exploit required the use of forma."

"The setup required Forma and you cant look at the exploit without the setup required."

"Yes and the thing I want is for the people that used that exploid to not be perma banned because for the reasons i explained i think that would overshoot way to much. I am fine with a short suspension but perma ban is way too much."

"I edited my post to clarify: I dont want them to be banned permanently. A week or even a month long suspension is fine by me but perma ban is too much for a non harmful exploit."

"The exploit required the constant use of forma. Which is either a slow farm or buyable with plat. So the exploit is not just standing still and ranking up your arsenal in seconds."

As you can clearly see I agree that it is an exploit.

What I am saying is that a perma ban is not warranted. Instead a week long or month long ban far more justified since the exploit doesnt break the game economy (meaning either spend time or plat). Keep the perma bans for alt-account abusers and griefers and the likes.

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

Well I know two affiliated players who have a history of incredibly toxic behavior(to which that behavior hasn't stopped) but they get a pass due to their popularity.

Hmm, individuals found a bug and exploited it. Now they are getting suspended for it? Lets review what happened:

A. An exploit is found by a gaming community. The responsibility for said exploit lies with the developers.

B. They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required.

C. The exploit is not harmful by any means.

D. Individuals are punished and held responsible for utilizing some faulty programming that, in reality, the development team should be accountable for.

That would be like someone giving you a [Zenith] but they get mad when you use the disc all the time and report you for it.

9 часов назад, Iamthepancake сказал:

there was a bug that let you level up any equipment from level 0 to 30 in more or less a minute

Its called ESO. 

Seriuosly tho, why go through such hassle in 2018 I have no idea. Especially for a weapon that is infinitely easier to level. Neither do I understand punishment its like oh god we fckd up big time  and several players were able to FORMA! and level weapons quicker than they normally would. The horrrrrorrr! 

4 часа назад, sirdaniel100 сказал:

i love how people  call it harmless yet with that exploit you can pretty much rush the all melee, warframe , secondary and primary affinity off all of those catagoriess (i was lazy to calculate all) but basicly those 4 catagories would only take 3.5 hours so yeah it pretty much harms the point of playing the game and the exp grind

What warframe has to do with it? You clearly have no idea what youre talking about, you cannot fast level warframe like that. It also requires a warframe noobs dont have. So the only people doing so are those who already played the game enough, have many unleveled weapons or formaed ones. Realistically, its gonna be the last category because VERY rarely long term players are gonna have more than 5 unleveled but built weapons just lying around 

37 minutes ago, Kraus0614 said:

Hmm, individuals found a bug and exploited it. Now they are getting suspended for it? Lets review what happened:

A. An exploit is found by a gaming community. The responsibility for said exploit lies with the developers.

B. They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required.

D. Individuals are punished and held responsible for utilizing some faulty programming that, in reality, the development team should be accountable for.

That would be like someone giving you a [Zenith] but they get mad when you use the disc all the time and report you for it. 

or u can send a report to DE instead of making a video about this problem and how to get cheese exp, if u dont want faulty programing u can help the devs, since they try to make Warframe fair for u and everyone.

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

like the one of that guy talking about the admin who keeps removing his comments?

Il y a 1 heure, Kraus0614 a dit :

I wouldn't mind if their weapons were reset though, no matters if they were using formas or whatever. Only "extreme offenders" were mentioned and you don't need to be a genius to understand that using exploits is basically cheating - Third party programs or not.

I'll give you a way more relevant example here, if someone forgets to lock his house's door, does it allow anyone to enter and rob him ? No. This people are cheating, no one forced them to do that and they should be punished accordingly.

I'm tired of this brand new era of players who are never responsible of anything, no matters what they do, say or think. People should grow up at once.

11 hours ago, AIAS-5 said:

- When one squad member is done loading a mission and skips the mission intro cinematic before other players have the mission loaded, those might be stuck watching the cinematic without being able to skip it

THIS!!!

Please fix it, its so annoying pressing the skip button but nothing happens. I'm just stuck there for 5 secs pressing the space key

1 час назад, -BigB0ss- сказал:

or u can send a report to DE instead of making a video about this problem and how to get cheese exp, if u dont want faulty programing u can help the devs, since they try to make Warframe fair for u and everyone.

But considers this. 

Having to relevel WEAPONS after each forma that you need to SIMPLY PUT ALL MODS IN ALL SLOTS NOT EVEN TALKING RIVENS OR PRIMED Ones on a weapon WITH CATALYST IN IT, on top of farming parts or blueprints,farming resources to build, farming formas, resources for forma, waiting till its all built and especially levelung warframe that takes forever. IS UNFAIR. 

Oh the irony. 

11 hours ago, Nexeroff said:

If you have done any developing of any software, specially anything this complex, you would also know that there is a need to prioritize what you fix right away and what you put on the to-do list.

Naming your K-Drive I imagine is not nearly as important as fixing things that negatively affect game play.  To you, it might in fact be the most important fix, but to the majority of people, specially those not using a K-Drive yet I am pretty sure the bugs that negatively affect game play are far more important.

I wish that computer science was a required course in grade school.  The reason I gave up being a WAN manager and sought a job in a totally different field is because of things just like this.  People want to think that fixing their problems, issues or as in this case a minor annoyance of not being able to name something in the game is the most important thing that the developers can be doing.  The only communication Developers usually here are complaints, very seldom does anyone express the positive.

How about thanking the developers for fixing the issues, you know, something like "Thank you for all the hard work and effort, the constant updates that address bugs that affect game play and the new content"  and then perhaps politely ask if there are plans to do what it is you want to see in the game, you could say something like this "If it's not too much trouble, could you tell us if there are any plans to do (insert what you are inquiring about here) or any date that it is planned to add to the game?"

Or think of it like this, if you were a developer and working hard to provide new content, bug fixes for major issues, and someone messaged you as you have posted here, how would you feel?  Put yourself in their place, realize all the hard work that has been done to make the game stable and adding content, and then read your post.  If you are being honest, I think you might feel very differently about what you have stated.

Do people you don't know treat you as poorly at your own job?  Assuming you have one?

Way to assume my whole background. I already know all of this, I always put myself in other people's shoes (especially developers and creators), and I do know how programming works (even if I'm not a professional in the field). Obviously fixes will always have different priorities, and everyone will want a specific bug fixed. Guess what though? Sometimes things that are clearly high priority take too long to get fixed (see EXP exploit) simply because DE does not notice it. All I'm doing is giving this attention to make sure DE sees it, that's it.

Also, they're very aware we're all very thankful for their fixes. Just replying with "thanks for the fixes!" is simply a waste of space on here, we're instead being constructive by using this space to bring more issues or bugs to DE's attention. That doesn't mean we're not spreading positivity or spreading negativity. Still, if you see spreading positivity in a different way, you can go do it somewhere else.

Archived