[DE]Megan

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

2 hours ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

its just a smart way of using a game mechanic (earning exp for every ability used) because he actually used his brain i know what a shame i think those kind of experiments are a main part of the game and they actually help the game growing because otherwise DE wouldnt find those in years so this exploit had such a little impact on the game itself and has the positive thing about it, that they can fix it now and thats how exploit fixing and finding worked for years someone found one published it and it got fixed after 2 days or so and noone got banned for it 

To use an ability to spawn a Venari that DOES NOT spawn is called a glitch. It's an error in the code, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong in finding bugs/glitches in the game and report it to the devs so it can be fixed. 

But once you make use of these glitches it's an exploit. You're using the glitch to gain personal advantage. 

And tell yourself all the stories you need about the "Partner" publishing it on social medias. For your information, a Partner does have the capacity to reach out to DE and report a glitch of this scale without notifying the community about it. What happened was he realized the potential of this glitch to benefit him economically and that's the sole reason it played out the way it did. The rest is history. 

Kudos to DE for handling this situation in a professional manner. 

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Bathynomus said:

It's exploit, cheat implies third party tools.

False. In the gaming industry exploit is classified as a certain way of cheating.

Just as an example, I played CS and there were(still are) some visual glitches that gave one of the sides an advantage and the use of those would result in a DQ and a ban.

• Applause 1

Still no fix for Nezha Blazing chakram bouncing off targets without targeting/splitting when affected by spikes. Garuda's "stagger" on 1st is barely noticable, and not reliable in advertised 8m range. Garuda's 4 PoV is too low. Instead of making it cone, make it AoE circle cast to put up to tier with other frames debuff abilities.

i agree the ban is long but its their game. they can do what they want we dont even own our accounts. they have the right to terminate us reason or without reason.

Man who are the people who figure out the cool exploits and try them like the trinity self damage one. When i got to know about it it was time it got fixed. Is it sort of that or something like hacking servers which are a really bad thing

3 hours ago, Bowbie said:

I couldn't bothe to get further in your post, there were enough error in this.

A. it is by the very definition an exploit, not a "if you wanna call it like that" situation.

B. Not people's mistake that the bug is here. People's mistake to EXPLOIT it.

C. Yeah sure, not the first bug, nor the first to have been exploited. How is this a justification to exploit this one ? I don't like analogies but it's not because you rob once that now, you can rob everytime you want.

D. 1st type: i don't even....  why woul you feel bad for people playing as intented ??? 2nd type: your description doesn't make sense AT ALL. Those are people that play by the rules by not playing by the rule. What are you talking about? are you just a troll ?

E. Yeah so what, there were an exploit. cf C.

F. As a basic player, as a 9 yo kid, you look at the tooltip of the exodia (do damage), you use it and you do damage. You don't really know the numbers but you find it powerful. As far as you can tell, it's working as intended. It's the opposite of the khora exp exploit (getting in an odd position and call your pet a hundred time a sec, to get affinity for your weapon).

G. Working as intended, tooltips are exactly as it was performing. imbalanced it was, not buggy.

conclusion : your post doesn't make any sense

It's funny that there is still some dudes who are blind "or" how I said New ones here.

Yours A. If you wanna call this one game "exploit" that's only one bannable 4Life, so be it.

B. How someone mentioned "They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required." As any other game "exploit" (called by you, instead of a bug) there ever was.

C. So you wanna ban these people now instead of then, cuz they wanted to test it?

D. Can't tell if are you joking or what. Every game comes to the specific point where game runs out of "content" and when you got nothing to do anymore what you suggesting here? Leave game and comeback after there is some? But if you wanna play it then what? (I can't explain here more specific, if you never was addicted to the game, feelsbadman). 2nd part. This is the point where first part explanation comes from "addiction to the game". You just looking for new things that's it. If you can't understand that, then what's the point to me explaining here to you at all? 

F. You took in comparison "the best" bugs of the game here. (Like I'm driving car, but what's about my heart?) Did this "exploit" somehow effected you nor any other player, nor economy of the game? If they bought forma bundle with plat then used it for this bug, then I can see where is problem with that as any other main/alt trades plat. But if you used your own stuff you worked for and then tested the bug. How I said most people could tried it just cuz they saw the video on youtube and got attracted by curiosity to test it. Take to account even plat/stuff trade between accounts leads to the warning in-game message. And in this case boom you done for. Where did you saw rule don't use this combo, cuz you might get banned? I been in warframe for a while, still learning what you can do and what you can't, cuz not every step "you can and cannot do" is putted into what you call rules of the game. There was other bugs that where used as not intended to be used for like this (Lvl up fast, forma, repeat), just dropped out of my mind atm, cuz of this conversation. 

Anyways someone explained better than I did so here it is: "

A. An exploit is found by a gaming community. The responsibility for said exploit lies with the developers.

B. They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required.

C. The exploit is not harmful by any means.

D. Individuals are punished and held responsible for utilizing some faulty programming that, in reality, the development team should be accountable for.

That would be like someone giving you a [Zenith] but they get mad when you use the disc all the time and report you for it."

Not by any means I'm saying and were saying that they can't be punished, yea punish them fair suspension for month or smth, reset exp they gained, take away gear they lvled up instead of kicking them out of game. We can argue here all day and we can go nowhere. So I think you got my message here. 

In conclusion, there were similar bug that this and wasn't bannable, cuz it was a bug as this one is. If you wanna play game by the rules without skip thousands of hours be my quest, but most people looking for shortcuts/easier game/fun/happiness/joy/love for game and sometimes fun bugs. For bans/reverts make it fair instead of kicking them out of the game, that's the only thing that I'm getting here at. Anyways typical warframe community conversation as always here. With further do, if you have still smth to tell here, be my quest, but I'm stopping here and not gonna include myself in making a fight over smth unfair. Just "MAKE it FAIR".

Bye Bye

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, EREN_JAEGER_R said:

False. In the gaming industry exploit is classified as a certain way of cheating.

Just as an example, I played CS and there were(still are) some visual glitches that gave one of the sides an advantage and the use of those would result in a DQ and a ban.

CS:GO - Fnatic Overpass boost vs LDLC

Was they DQ? Yes

Was they banned from the game? No

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ktro said:

what was the exploit everybody is talking about?

xp bug with kohra

11 minutes ago, MotedLTU said:

A. An exploit is found by a gaming community. The responsibility for said exploit lies with the developers.

B. They did not create the exploit/modify existing code. It can be performed by only using actions found in the game, no code injection/separate programs required.

C. The exploit is not harmful by any means.

D. Individuals are punished and held responsible for utilizing some faulty programming that, in reality, the development team should be accountable for.

That would be like someone giving you a [Zenith] but they get mad when you use the disc all the time and report you for it."

Not by any means I'm saying and were saying that they can't be punished, yea punish them fair suspension for month or smth, reset exp they gained, take away gear they lvled up instead of kicking them out of game. We can argue here all day and we can go nowhere. So I think you got my message here. 

In conclusion, there were similar bug that this and wasn't bannable, cuz it was a bug as this one is. If you wanna play game by the rules without skip thousands of hours be my quest, but most people looking for shortcuts/easier game/fun/happiness/joy/love for game and sometimes fun bugs. For bans/reverts make it fair instead of kicking them out of the game, that's the only thing that I'm getting here at. Anyways typical warframe community conversation as always here. With further do, if you have still smth to tell here, be my quest, but I'm stopping here and not gonna include myself in making a fight over smth unfair. Just "MAKE it FAIR".

Bye Bye

A. The responsability to fix it lies with the dev. The responsability not to exploit it lies with the players.

B. Players did not create the bug. Players create the exploit of said bug. A bug is not a hack, it does not require to modify/inject/3rd party program to get exploited. That's basic 101.

C. I personnally don't care if it's harmful or not. Bug exploit? -> Ban. It send a message : don't exploit bugs. There are too many gaming devs/publisher that won't ban you, not because it is unfair to do so, just because it will piss of their playerbase and their wallet. Doesn't mean it's the better choice.

D. Your logic is so flawed... There are flaws in any system, it does not mean you can exploit them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

10 minutes ago, Jivy said:

xp bug with kohra

I messaged you, plz reply

Just to be perfectly sure, hunting using Warframe skills rather then the tranq gun to put them to sleep is not an exploit correct?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Drivrius said:

Just to be perfectly sure, hunting using Warframe skills rather then the tranq gun to put them to sleep is not an exploit correct?

ivara's sleep arrow makes the target sleep. It exactly does what it says so it's not an exploit of any sort.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Yeah its prety much fine.

Thats the gray line but reb is doing it and told all tenno how to do it in stream so yeah dont worry about that tenno ^.^ 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bowbie said:

ivara's sleep arrow makes the target sleep. It exactly does what it says so it's not an exploit of any sort.

Thanks!

I'de rather ask a dumb question then have my progress rolled back or getting banned later on XD 

7 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

warframe that takes forever. IS UNFAIR. 

Grinding and farming is the core of this game, takes forever, no, takes some dedication, yes.
And on the top, the games is f2p, u can get everything in game just by "farming and grinding"

Edited by -BigB0ss-

Socom fireteam bravo 2. PSP

You could "glitch" through walls in the game by crawling sideways towards them. This would make matches horrible to play as you could not kill enemies in the wall.  This would be an exploit if you intentionally did this. 

Do I think it is cool they banned everyone on warframe that did this? No.  Should have sent a warning first.  (Luckily i didn't do it). 

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

maybe because said partner shown the vid knowing DE watch his vids (as he stated in the video its self) and said that they probably will fix it soon following his video?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MotedLTU said:

CS:GO - Fnatic Overpass boost vs LDLC

Was they DQ? Yes

Was they banned from the game? No

As mentioned before there are glitches and then there GLITCHES. The K-drive point glitch was a glitch. The Khora xp was a GLITCH - a GAME-BREAKING GLITCH, like Noob mentioned.

As for the boost on overpass, ldlc could still see when olof was boosted and kill him. It took some time for them to figure out where shots were coming from though. On the other hand, in 1.6 on tuscan there is a 5-man boost in ct-spawn from where the enemy CANNOT see you and for that boost you did get a ban as someone I know received a ban on ESL for doing it during a match.

the sad thing in all of this and some don't even realise how unfair the ban is when its the developers fault, by their standards we all should be banned. we all have used fast nova which has been an exploit since she was implemented, the only difference here if any the exploit attracted more players to help the game grow.. warframe is dying. the whole reskinning is getting old or is old. you can defend whatever you want but you at one point or another will have to face the truth for what it is.

I'm a fan but I am also a harsh critic but never will I be a fanboy or sheep. when youre wrong there's no justification in making it right. they are just mad that their sloppy work got exposed. does it affect me as a player? No! does it looks bad at a professional point of view and how they handle it? Hell yes!

here's food for thought, you cant run from your shadow in the spotlight.

Edited by ranks21
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 1

hace 13 minutos, ranks21 dijo:

the sad thing in all of this and some don't even realise how unfair the ban is when its the developers fault, by their standards we all should be banned. we all have used fast nova which has been an exploit since she was implemented, the only difference here if any the exploit attracted more players to help the game grow.. warframe is dying. the whole reskinning is getting old or is old. you can defend whatever you want but you at one point or another will have to face the truth for what it is.

I'm a fan but I am also a harsh critic but never will I be a fanboy or sheep. when youre wrong there's no justification in making it right. they are just mad that their sloppy work got exposed. does it affect me as a player? No! does it looks bad at a professional point of view and how they handle it? Hell yes!

here's food for thought

I'm sorry to say this guy is right, the lack of real content starts to be dangerous for the survival of the game, DE needs to wake up. Skins are not content, hotfixes are not content just their duty... 

DE, dear DE (cause I love you), pls wake up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, wullail said:

The mining , the info about what and how much appears in text underneath the picture...

No, it doesn't. It appears in very poor text at the bottom of the screen, but not directly underneatht he picture like it used to.
Just look at this image. It's not even really legible if the background is wrong.

ognH3sB.jpg