Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, -TSA-Vendetta said:

nope they didnt thought of it, many many things in the game were not intentionaly because its hard to think of all the items that could synergize with new incoming stuff

read what i put, seriously, it's logical that increasing strength slows things down, then the opposite will speed them up, if you think DE didn't already think of that, then you are so naive

7 hours ago, ranks21 said:

here's the counter to your silliness, put a kid in a candy store and leave the candy unattended what do you think the kid will do in time?

You can even go as far as to say they intentionally baited that player. sounds extreme right? like I said they need to preoperly test thir builds before putting it out in the public

it is impossible for them to fully test their build before putting it out to the public, don't you understand that?

7 hours ago, EREN_JAEGER_R said:

To use an ability to spawn a Venari that DOES NOT spawn is called a glitch. It's an error in the code, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong in finding bugs/glitches in the game and report it to the devs so it can be fixed. 

But once you make use of these glitches it's an exploit. You're using the glitch to gain personal advantage. 

And tell yourself all the stories you need about the "Partner" publishing it on social medias. For your information, a Partner does have the capacity to reach out to DE and report a glitch of this scale without notifying the community about it. What happened was he realized the potential of this glitch to benefit him economically and that's the sole reason it played out the way it did. The rest is history. 

Kudos to DE for handling this situation in a professional manner. 

FINALLY someone who understands how the "partner" program works!

he showed it on YouTube to get likes & subs, not to get it fixed

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Cyco_tK:

read what i put, seriously, it's logical that increasing strength slows things down, then the opposite will speed them up, if you think DE didn't already think of that, then you are so naive

they even said it in a interview so say what you want im 100% sure i know more about the warframe history then you because i was there and you dont 

9 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

to be fair, unless they report the bug, they're not actually fixing anything.

I pay to play this game.  A QA tester is paid to check for bugs.  

Being blunt, QA at DE is likely either a joke or one of the most stressful positions.  I am not sure which, but the end result is a consistently buggy mess that is Fallout 3 levels of bad.  The good will for this being free to play is...supporting the indefensible.  

If I were so inclined as to be generous, I'd ask why the other bugs I've reported in the past have not been addressed.  It took nearly a week to fix archwing upon launch, three years to address optimizations (looking at all those Switch port fixes), and spawning outside the level hasn't been fixed period.  The bug that removes huge amounts of grind is fixed with a ban hammer swing to boot.  It seems less than logically consistent to have both these responses from DE.  I'll repeat this again, as I said years ago.  This level of cognitive dissonance is why I left EA and Origin, and it's a trap I hope DE doesn't wander into again (O.G. Mesa power leveling and the nerf there was...still felt today).

If DE offered a bounty for bugs, paid for in platinum, at a reasonable rate (just spit balling, 0 for aesthetic, 5-10 for game breakers, 10-20 for exploits) I'd buy that they are paying us to test.  As it stands, eating a ban for using an exploit (that could presumably be reversed if it could be identified) seems like disposing of an ant hill with a nuclear bomb.

2 hours ago, unc00l said:

That's like giving someone, who didn't refill the parking meter in time, the death penalty instead of a parking ticket. 

No, its not the same, but should to refil parking meter in time or at least dont exploit parking meter if u find a way to do that, no cuz is harmless, is cuz is against the rules, same here.
Is out proportion because a great player of our community was ban, and it leads to his followers to the same fate.

In my opinion Exploits are grey area in any videogames, and u shouldn't do it, just in case.

4 hours ago, Kraus0614 said:

Does the public develop the game for Digital Extremes? It is solely their fault for allowing this kind of glitch to occur.

Those who use the glitch to their advantage did just that, used it to their advantage. This is a TEAM based game where a team can only benefit from someone with high level gear. This glitch when exploited can by no means be "harmful". In fact, it was probably one of the most beneficial to all when used excessively.

For all those people who think that users of this glitch are wrong, take a second to think about it. This was probably one of the most effective bug reports recently, due to the immediate, however harsh, staff response and patch.

I myself have never used this bug, as I enjoy the teamwork that leveling low gear inspires, but those who have are not the degenerate scum everyone makes them out to be. XD

It's not a glitch, it's an exploit. By that definition it's something that was available in game and anyone can do. Only those who used it excessively are being suspended.

Secondly, this is not solely a team based game; you can also play Solo. I agree the exploit isn't harmful to the community, but DE must have seen it harmful to their monetization of affinity boosters. This is also why exploits to get the fastest dojo obstacle times and exploits for infinite movement speed, power strength, damage were not punished.

Yeah this is a harsh response DE chose to take. The fact we play a game where law is left to their discretion, we simply must be okay with being banned for no reason. I chose to use the exploit, because I would otherwise not be playing Warframe anyways, there's no content or anything left to do.

I think it's better to invest in other games as a result of "first comes the bullet, then comes the warning"

5 minutes ago, -BigB0ss- said:

No, its not the same, but should to refil parking meter in time or at least dont exploit parking meter if u find a way to do that, no cuz is harmless, is cuz is against the rules, Same here.
is out proportion because a great player of our community was ban, and it leads to his followers to the same fate.

In my opinion Exploits are grey area in any videogames, and u shouldn't do it, just in case.

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote at all.  That analogy wasn't about whether they should be punished or not, it was about the SEVERITY.

Just now, unc00l said:

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote at all.  That analogy wasn't about whether they should be punished or not, it was about the SEVERITY.

I read it several times, but death penalty analogy, doesnt see right to me.
Severity, maybe, but now on the community know u shouldnt exploit warframe.

I have encountered this twitch recently, but during two different defense missions my Warframe froze up during a jump attack. It was with two different Warframe too. I couldn’t use any abilities or move, but I could still rotate the camera. Has this happened to anyone else?

41 minutes ago, masterofdetiny said:

I pay to play this game.  A QA tester is paid to check for bugs.  

how many multiplayer games do you play where, if you abuse an exploit to the extreme, you don't get repercussions?

Besides, the minute an update goes live, the players have playtested it for hundreds, if not thousands of times more man-hours than a QA team can. It is simply the nature of all games, even the big ones.
Lets say you have a huge release coming up, and your QA team of 150 people each have 400 hours of testing put in. That is, collectively, 60,000 man-hours of testing spread out over the entire game.
Then let's say your game has 500,000 players at launch (a figure that AAA publishers would likely deem "below expectations") within the first hour you have 500,000 man-hours of testing focused on the very beginning of the game.

42 minutes ago, masterofdetiny said:

If I were so inclined as to be generous, I'd ask why the other bugs I've reported in the past have not been addressed.  It took nearly a week to fix archwing upon launch, three years to address optimizations (looking at all those Switch port fixes), and spawning outside the level hasn't been fixed period.  The bug that removes huge amounts of grind is fixed with a ban hammer swing to boot.  It seems less than logically consistent to have both these responses from DE.  I'll repeat this again, as I said years ago.  This level of cognitive dissonance is why I left EA and Origin, and it's a trap I hope DE doesn't wander into again (O.G. Mesa power leveling and the nerf there was...still felt today).

if you were generous, you would demand reasons why various bugs you have reported haven't been fixed yet? what?
And did you leave EA and Origin because YOU were feeling cognitive dissonance? or because they were feeling it? how did you know they were feeling it? i mean, to me, i think that EA is enough of a soulless machine that they wouldn't have any negative feelings about the S#&$ they were pulling.

As for these bugs you were reporting:

1. My turbulent zephyr gets killed by Corpus Embattors:
    • given the fact that the corpus embattor does not use normal projectiles and instead relies on aoe attacks, im not surprised your zephyr is being destroyed by them.
    • Suggestion: Post in the feedback section and suggest that the bounce mines disappear after the first bounce or can destroyed by shooting them. Also that the large blue circle that appears to show where their mortars are going to land be a little more visible, as blue-on-blue can be hard to see in an effect-heavy game like this. (especially for colourblind people). This is because as far as i can tell, this is not a bug, but a balancing issue.
  2. Enemies floating in the air
    • I'm going to just go ahead and assume, based on the vague description you provide, that you mean enemies not falling from dropships? The key problem here is that it is a vague description of events. It is very hard to nail a bug down when the only information you have is that "it happens" and "looks silly".
    • Suggestion: next time it happens, make note of everything. Are you in a squad, or solo? Are you the host? What is your ping? What type of dropship does it happen on? Is there anyone in the squad who might have an ability that could interrupt the "jump from the ship" script (like molecular prime, or radial blind)?
  3. Mining shows item mined, not quantity & goopla sizes wonky
    • Legitimately good bug reports, good job
    • Suggestion: even better if you can nab screenshots though
  4. Brightness seems to not work, pitch black interiors on fortuna.
    • Suggestion: also make sure to note all the settings that may be affecting it; does it still occur with adaptive exposure turned on/off, for instance? Is your game in windowed/borderless mode. Worst-case scenario, make note of your hardware, there may be an issue between warframe and your graphics card and without that info DE will struggle to find the cause. Also screenshots.
  5. Can't random group join a sortie, dumps in dojo.
    • Interesting bug, did it still say you were in the squad? Was it your own dojo or the host's? Did you get in contact with the host to see if they initiated the sortie from the dojo?
  6. Rivens suddenly cant be unveiled.
    • Suggestion: tell us what the riven challenge actually is.
  7. K-drives scores not translating directly to standing gain.
    • I'm pretty sure it is just a percentage of your score that translates to standing. Also if you collide with something (or bounce along rough terrain) immediately after landing, it counts the trick as failed, i find it beneficial to immediately jump again and do a little trick to cement the previous score in place.
  8. Twitch is a joke.
    • yes, yes it is. lol

I hope this has helped! Generally speaking though, the more information you can give the better the chance of DE being able to figure out what is actually causing the bug.

42 minutes ago, masterofdetiny said:

If DE offered a bounty for bugs, paid for in platinum, at a reasonable rate (just spit balling, 0 for aesthetic, 5-10 for game breakers, 10-20 for exploits) I'd buy that they are paying us to test.  As it stands, eating a ban for using an exploit (that could presumably be reversed if it could be identified) seems like disposing of an ant hill with a nuclear bomb.

the "bounty for bugs" is a pretty neat idea, and it would certainly motivate me to finally get around to reporting my backlog of cataloged bugs.
But this "I'd buy that they are paying us to test" comment is a bit unnecessary, and actually implies that you were under the impression they were promising to pay us in the first place?
As it stands, suspending players for abusing an exploit to severely undermine the core progression systems of the game, giving them an unearned legup, seems like pretty standard practice for the industry TBH.

This is long and i dont have the time to proof-read it, so please excuse any errors

So many people trying to justify their reason why to be unbanned, DE didnt do that bug intentionally.
You see an exploit, or an bug, which can give you advantages, would you abuse the bug or exploit and risk being banned, or would you just do nothing and let it get fixed?
DE is not to blame at this point, you are responsible for your own actions what you do, and you shouldve known that such an exploit could you get banned.

11 minutes ago, xMarvin732 said:

So many people trying to justify their reason why to be unbanned, DE didnt do that bug intentionally.
You see an exploit, or an bug, which can give you advantages, would you abuse the bug or exploit and risk being banned, or would you just do nothing and let it get fixed?
DE is not to blame at this point, you are responsible for your own actions what you do, and you shouldve known that such an exploit could you get banned.

And another witch hunter...I don't think that you understand the problem like seriously you want people to get a permanent ban for using an exploit/glitch/bug whatever that was a posted on YouTube by a freaking Warframe partner kk m8 seems fair and all.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb ReyaXZy:

And another witch hunter...I don't think that you understand the problem like seriously you want people to get a permanent ban for using an exploit/glitch/bug whatever that was a posted on YouTube by a freaking Warframe partner kk m8 seems fair and all.

just because its from a Warframe partner, doesnt mean that you still can abuse it to rank everything up in superspeed.

Just because theres a exploit/glitch/bug or whatever, doesnt mean that you can abuse it like that.

Patch related---

Occasional hangs while in foundry- especially claiming an item- health restores,energy etc. 

Massive hangs in Maroos Bazaar

Ancient healers on Gabii get blown across the map with Wryms augment mod, and bounce around like bouncy balls for a few minutes-- can't remember the name at the moment ,but it's the one that blasts enemies away if to close.

Odd cpu core utlization again- tested this across 3 different PC's-taxing the F out of core 3 on 8700k's and 9800k's but other cores are at 10-15% 

6 часов назад, DeckChairVonBananaCamel сказал:

how many multiplayer games do you play where, if you abuse an exploit to the extreme, you don't get repercussions?

Besides, the minute an update goes live, the players have playtested it for hundreds, if not thousands of times more man-hours than a QA team can. It is simply the nature of all games, even the big ones.
Lets say you have a huge release coming up, and your QA team of 150 people each have 400 hours of testing put in. That is, collectively, 60,000 man-hours of testing spread out over the entire game.
Then let's say your game has 500,000 players at launch (a figure that AAA publishers would likely deem "below expectations") within the first hour you have 500,000 man-hours of testing focused on the very beginning of the game.

if you were generous, you would demand reasons why various bugs you have reported haven't been fixed yet? what?
And did you leave EA and Origin because YOU were feeling cognitive dissonance? or because they were feeling it? how did you know they were feeling it? i mean, to me, i think that EA is enough of a soulless machine that they wouldn't have any negative feelings about the S#&$ they were pulling.

As for these bugs you were reporting:

1. My turbulent zephyr gets killed by Corpus Embattors:
    • given the fact that the corpus embattor does not use normal projectiles and instead relies on aoe attacks, im not surprised your zephyr is being destroyed by them.
    • Suggestion: Post in the feedback section and suggest that the bounce mines disappear after the first bounce or can destroyed by shooting them. Also that the large blue circle that appears to show where their mortars are going to land be a little more visible, as blue-on-blue can be hard to see in an effect-heavy game like this. (especially for colourblind people). This is because as far as i can tell, this is not a bug, but a balancing issue.
  2. Enemies floating in the air
    • I'm going to just go ahead and assume, based on the vague description you provide, that you mean enemies not falling from dropships? The key problem here is that it is a vague description of events. It is very hard to nail a bug down when the only information you have is that "it happens" and "looks silly".
    • Suggestion: next time it happens, make note of everything. Are you in a squad, or solo? Are you the host? What is your ping? What type of dropship does it happen on? Is there anyone in the squad who might have an ability that could interrupt the "jump from the ship" script (like molecular prime, or radial blind)?
  3. Mining shows item mined, not quantity & goopla sizes wonky
    • Legitimately good bug reports, good job
    • Suggestion: even better if you can nab screenshots though
  4. Brightness seems to not work, pitch black interiors on fortuna.
    • Suggestion: also make sure to note all the settings that may be affecting it; does it still occur with adaptive exposure turned on/off, for instance? Is your game in windowed/borderless mode. Worst-case scenario, make note of your hardware, there may be an issue between warframe and your graphics card and without that info DE will struggle to find the cause. Also screenshots.
  5. Can't random group join a sortie, dumps in dojo.
    • Interesting bug, did it still say you were in the squad? Was it your own dojo or the host's? Did you get in contact with the host to see if they initiated the sortie from the dojo?
  6. Rivens suddenly cant be unveiled.
    • Suggestion: tell us what the riven challenge actually is.
  7. K-drives scores not translating directly to standing gain.
    • I'm pretty sure it is just a percentage of your score that translates to standing. Also if you collide with something (or bounce along rough terrain) immediately after landing, it counts the trick as failed, i find it beneficial to immediately jump again and do a little trick to cement the previous score in place.
  8. Twitch is a joke.
    • yes, yes it is. lol

I hope this has helped! Generally speaking though, the more information you can give the better the chance of DE being able to figure out what is actually causing the bug.

the "bounty for bugs" is a pretty neat idea, and it would certainly motivate me to finally get around to reporting my backlog of cataloged bugs.
But this "I'd buy that they are paying us to test" comment is a bit unnecessary, and actually implies that you were under the impression they were promising to pay us in the first place?
As it stands, suspending players for abusing an exploit to severely undermine the core progression systems of the game, giving them an unearned legup, seems like pretty standard practice for the industry TBH.

This is long and i dont have the time to proof-read it, so please excuse any errors

Theres nothing extreme about a lowly fast affinity gain. Freaking surely in a game where ESO exists it doesnt warrant a perma Ban. However nor do I understand why one would risk it in a game where ESO exists or why he would post it on yt.

About other companies - even in overwatch that is pvp and has competitive mode and has NO way of getting currency other than by playing and leveling up or straight up buying it players that found a way to passively level up doing nothing were NOT straight up banned, they were warned first. But DE is well known for disproportional responses, from the vivergate times so theres that and they got the name digital extreme not for nothing. Also that no sense of direction, clear rules or purpose that the game is plagued with bleeds into such things as these as well. 

16 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Otherwise, they risk overlooking a potentially game-killing issue: not properly rewarding a player's limited time to play.

Exactly the problem i faced introducing my friend to play this game. (while i maxed out everything already)

Archived