Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

hace 2 minutos, kackiz dijo:

Harmless!? You call levelling up weapons at a lightning fast rate Harmless!? You're probably one of the offenders. Play legit and stop cheating, because that's what that is, and cheats on an online game are NOT fair play!

I'm sorry what on earth are you consuming? Cheating on a non-PVP game? I had no idea this bug existed and frankly if I had known I would have used it. It is absolutely indifferent to me if the random guy who drops in my PUG is MR1 or MR 2800. If that is the exploit they were talking about it is, indeed harmless.

Will you not be changing so that the controller-based UI functionality isn't forced upon all players? A simple toggle to turn off controller support would fix this, as long as that also turned off the fact that pressing WASD or arrow keys on menus on PC now move the cursor around. It keeps happening when you type in the menus, at times even while having text boxes properly selected. This issue has persisted now since June.

Also, for weeks now, 
mining in-game now doesn't show the name or amount of the ore received on a successful mine, just the image. Have verified cache and done everything but reinstalled, but throughout several hotfixes this issue persists.

i fail to see how something they created is a exploit,they goofed  someone jus happened to find it an do it...so what.. how bout lookin for other flaws instead of banning players that are jus playin tha game the way they turned it loose,,them people should get stars  for finding it for them,lol

13 minutes ago, Niridon said:

kinda curious of what that exploit was...

it was a Khora exploit
if you used khora's 3 while her Kavat was "dead" and spammed, it would increase a weapon, or anything to level 30 in under 30 secs
i didn't tried it bcs i knew this thing would end up with Ban.
a Youtuber shown that exploit and got banned, i think he's included

I don't think banning people is fair at all! This was a bug in the game. You can revert their changes, or whatever they gained in the last couple of days but banning them because the game was bugged enough to do this? They didn't use any third-party application, they didn't hack. They just found a bug that was missed by DE.

Just now, chggr said:

i fail to see how something they created is a exploit,they goofed  someone jus happened to find it an do it...so what.. how bout lookin for other flaws instead of banning players that are jus playin tha game the way they turned it loose,,them people should get stars  for finding it for them,lol

finding them and reporting it is one thing, but posting a video on HOW TO EXPLOIT IT is a different one.

1 minute ago, Raven_1226 said:

People will always exploit bugs. Maybe instead of banning them, you should make sure that the bugs don't exist in the first place. 

easy to say

a friend who is a programmer once told me: " you fix one bug and in the process create two more"

As a new player it's great to see that DE got their priorities in order. I'm grinding my MR fair and square and it would pain me to see them exploit users get away with it.

EDIT: Not paying for the train ticket is also harmless, but people still spend their time working to be able to pay for one.. hope you get the picture

1 minute ago, Leorion said:

I don't think banning people is fair at all! This was a bug in the game. You can revert their changes, or whatever they gained in the last couple of days but banning them because the game was bugged enough to do this? They didn't use any third-party application, they didn't hack. They just found a bug that was missed by DE.

The operative word in @[DE]Megan's post was "knowingly." You're supposed to report bugs so they can be fixed, not abuse them willingly - especially bugs that give an unfair advantage.

Weekly reminder that there's a 9k Mastery points deficit but in the game right now. It hasn't been addressed since Fortuna launched.

Pre-Fortuna I had everything non-founders except 2 login weapons and so this is how my points should look now:

11/07/2018 MR Pre Fortuna 1,675,613
* accurate via Wiki and other players
  Star Chart (???) 24
* 24 on wifes account, but 14 on mine seems to make the numbers make more sense!? ??????
  Garuda 6,000  
  Nagantaka 3,000  
  Battacor 3,000  
  Ocucor 3,000  
  Kreska 3,000  
  Lambeo 6,000 * bought w/ plat
  Oloro 6,000 * bought w/ plat
  Para 6,000  
  Catchmoon 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Gaze 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Rattleguts 3,000  
  Tombfinger 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Oxylus 6,000  
  Multron 3,000  
  Bad Baby 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Flatbelly 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Needlenose 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  AKVasto Prime 3,000  
  Cryotra 3,000  
  Tazicor 3,000  
  Vulcax 3,000  
  MR Should Be Total 1,753,637  

... but in game my points are less and I'm owed 9k+:

11/19/2018 MR Actual In-Game 1,744,627
  MR Difference 9,010

22 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Exploit Fixes:

• We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

Anyone know what exploite this is as i am in the dark about this?

1 minute ago, Capricorn42 said:

well it ain't their fault the bugs are there and they don't find out until they see attention drawn to it

Sure, but banning people is plain stupid. As someone else already said, the players didn't use any 3rd party software or hack. 

5 minutes ago, Leorion said:

That's why DE said that only angry abusers will get banned (people who used this bug a lot).
People who did I by accident and leveled few items won't be touched.
And yeah, we should report bugs and glitches, not exploit them.

Archived