Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

[DE]Megan

24 minutes ago, kackiz said:

Harmless!? You call levelling up weapons at a lightning fast rate Harmless!? You're probably one of the offenders. Play legit and stop cheating, because that's what that is, and cheats on an online game are NOT fair play!

Of course, just go ahead and point fingers to me, 5 min to seconds of levelling don't make any difference to me, leveling is just trivial in this game, now if it was a griefing like exploit, to actually make the gameplay experience of other players worse, then I would agree, but it isn't. The bans were not fair, in no way I(and probably them) thought that would result in ban, and I just watched the video.
When developers commit and players abuse a mistake FROM THEM, punishing the community is the worse thing they can do.

I just disagree with their decision, so don't just make accusations to f*** with others, buddy.

1 minute ago, Raven_1226 said:

Sure, but banning people is plain stupid. As someone else already said, the players didn't use any 3rd party software or hack. 

Yes, but it's still an exploit. And they did in "knowingly." They made an active decision to use what was obviously a way to cheat the system to their advantage.

1 minute ago, Raven_1226 said:

Sure, but banning people is plain stupid. As someone else already said, the players didn't use any 3rd party software or hack. 

no one said they did but the use of the exploit is still a terrible decision because you're going behind DE's back just so you can have the easiest time you can.

5 minutes ago, Mulchman said:

Weekly reminder that there's a 9k Mastery points deficit but in the game right now. It hasn't been addressed since Fortuna launched.

Pre-Fortuna I had everything non-founders except 2 login weapons and so this is how my points should look now:

11/07/2018 MR Pre Fortuna 1,675,613
* accurate via Wiki and other players
  Star Chart (???) 24
* 24 on wifes account, but 14 on mine seems to make the numbers make more sense!? ??????
  Garuda 6,000  
  Nagantaka 3,000  
  Battacor 3,000  
  Ocucor 3,000  
  Kreska 3,000  
  Lambeo 6,000 * bought w/ plat
  Oloro 6,000 * bought w/ plat
  Para 6,000  
  Catchmoon 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Gaze 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Rattleguts 3,000  
  Tombfinger 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Oxylus 6,000  
  Multron 3,000  
  Bad Baby 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Flatbelly 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  Needlenose 3,000 * bought w/ plat
  AKVasto Prime 3,000  
  Cryotra 3,000  
  Tazicor 3,000  
  Vulcax 3,000  
  MR Should Be Total 1,753,637  

... but in game my points are less and I'm owed 9k+:

11/19/2018 MR Actual In-Game 1,744,627
  MR Difference 9,010

k drives bought with plat give no affinity

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly

I´m really worried now, because i´ve also tested this bug and i dont wanna lose everything after 2 years of playing and spending a lot of money for platinum :thinking:

29 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

Changes:

• Updated Arcane Rage description to read "Primary Weapons" instead of "Rifles".

Exploit Fixes:

• We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly. 

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Ivara's Navigator would lock a player if taken control of certain Fishing gear and never let go.
  • Fixed a ‘/glitch’ in one of Ordis’ transmissions during The Jordas Precept.
  • Fixed some localization consistency.  

Well if i tested it on multiple gear does it count as extreme and no i didn't go from mr 1 to mr 22 with that ^.^ 

btw guys i totaly dont mind you just deleting the entire gear i ranked with that test just saying ^.^ 

8 minutes ago, Xenophil said:

That's why DE said that only angry abusers will get banned (people who used this bug a lot).
People who did I by accident and leveled few items won't be touched.
And yeah, we should report bugs and glitches, not exploit them.

People are not incentivised to report bugs like these when the game is as grindy as Warframe. Maybe if leveling was less of a chore... 

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

Thank you for the hotfix!

I am guessing this was the Khora affinity exploit advertised on YouTube. I have witnessed bugs/exploits/abuse shown by partners in the past, but I still wonder why they keep their affiliation badge. This seems very similar to a certain topic looming on Reddit regarding the behavior of affiliated players.

those guys just want to publish a exploit to get some likes and views and get the attention out there for DE to go ahead and fit it asap because you usually cant open a ticket to complain about bugs or stuff like that so youd have to open a forum post and those often dont get any attention at all or sometimes they do so why dont go ahead and publish it on youtube where you are certain to get it out to the public 

18 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Still no fix for not being able to name our crafted K-Drives. Is gilding supposed to be a thing or not? People need to know how this will change so they can decide whether to craft more K-Drives or not. It's pretty lame that it's been this long, and the only way to get an insta forma and the ability to name your K-Drive is by paying for it with platinum.

If you have done any developing of any software, specially anything this complex, you would also know that there is a need to prioritize what you fix right away and what you put on the to-do list.

Naming your K-Drive I imagine is not nearly as important as fixing things that negatively affect game play.  To you, it might in fact be the most important fix, but to the majority of people, specially those not using a K-Drive yet I am pretty sure the bugs that negatively affect game play are far more important.

I wish that computer science was a required course in grade school.  The reason I gave up being a WAN manager and sought a job in a totally different field is because of things just like this.  People want to think that fixing their problems, issues or as in this case a minor annoyance of not being able to name something in the game is the most important thing that the developers can be doing.  The only communication Developers usually here are complaints, very seldom does anyone express the positive.

How about thanking the developers for fixing the issues, you know, something like "Thank you for all the hard work and effort, the constant updates that address bugs that affect game play and the new content"  and then perhaps politely ask if there are plans to do what it is you want to see in the game, you could say something like this "If it's not too much trouble, could you tell us if there are any plans to do (insert what you are inquiring about here) or any date that it is planned to add to the game?"

Or think of it like this, if you were a developer and working hard to provide new content, bug fixes for major issues, and someone messaged you as you have posted here, how would you feel?  Put yourself in their place, realize all the hard work that has been done to make the game stable and adding content, and then read your post.  If you are being honest, I think you might feel very differently about what you have stated.

Do people you don't know treat you as poorly at your own job?  Assuming you have one?

4 minutes ago, Mulchman said:

Weekly reminder that there's a 9k Mastery points deficit but in the game right now. It hasn't been addressed since Fortuna launched.

Pre-Fortuna I had everything non-founders except 2 login weapons and so this is how my points should look now:

... but in game my points are less and I'm owed 9k+:

11/19/2018 MR Actual In-Game 1,744,627
  MR Difference 9,010

mastery recap on wiki is false : it takes chinese-exclusive items (carmin penta and cadus), so there may be discrepancies.

1 minute ago, Lunny004 said:

I´m really worried now, because i´ve also tested this bug and i dont wanna lose everything after 2 years of playing and spending a lot of money for platinum :thinking:

it's fine you're safe it said "extreme" offenders so as long as it was not more than once you should be fine as far as i know

What about waypoint fixes?

XnkRPLZ.jpg

This was during an assault mission on Kuva Fortress. I was already at extraction, but all these waypoints were showing up for me.

That also happens a lot during excavation missions. When finishing an excavation, the yellow waypoint does not disappear for me. After like 10 mins of mission, I have infinite yellow waypoints on my screen xD

Well, i just ended farming with a random dude in orb valis, he randomly dc's after we got the annoucement of redtext-san, and when it was triying to switch hosts i got "kick out" so i got no rewards now, can you fix this? i just lost 1 hour of play just cause you wanted to hotfix right in this moment, Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Iamthepancake said:

there was a bug that let you level up any equipment from level 0 to 30 in more or less a minute

Jeez.. i wish there was something for K-Drives, would have saved me 2 solid weeks of grinding .. (and DE wonder why players find these bugs and use them) .. I think a ban for finding and using bugs to get Xp is kinda lame guys.. just revert the XP gained .. or test your game for bugs like this before releasing it.. to blame players and ban them is really just sad.. funny thing is I have never seen this type of bug in all the years Ive played this game.. For someone to find and exploit it .. DE you should hire them to test your game maybe..

Gerade eben schrieb mkoo33:

I must be the only one not knowing about the exploit ? :)))
I went to check on YT, couldn't find anything. What was about ?

the youtuber removed it after seeing DE is banning people for it, because this youtuber is around since 2013 actively and in the past he published sooo many little exploits and bugs and he never got punished nor DE said anything about it but now he got banned and many many other players too without warning maybe a bit drastic DE dont you think?

thats the funny part they are saying now theyre looking for suspension but so many players already got banned way before the patch ^^

Archived