Sign in to follow this  
S0NGA

kitguns, kitguns, kitguns, ...

I would like to take advantage of the attitude below, taken by DE, during the Fortuna: Hotfix 24.1.4

Exploit Fixes:

• We have fixed an exploit that could only be performed knowingly. Now that the issue is fixed, we will be reviewing our database for extreme offenders and issuing suspensions accordingly.

I understand that the fact that the game is free (at least for now),

does not give us the right to do certain things we want to do.

I also understand, that the developer, can do what he wants with game, even without consulting his testers users.

However, I would like to leave a word here...

With the arrival of FORTUNA, bringing the amazing kitguns, I was very excited about their power and

I understood the little nerf that occurred, it was deserved!!

and I really wanted the DE to understand that it was precisely for this reason

that I invested heavily in the improvement of these kitguns and I spent many FORMAs with each of them...

I would not have spent all these FORMAs, were it not for this only one reason!!

So, in this way, I'm asking the developer, that be also fair with your user...

Once you can punish him, I wish that you could help him too, so that someday,

if you resolve to nerf the incredible kitguns, you will give us back, some of those many FORMAs,

which have been so dedicatedly placed in them!

This is it! I would just like to see my dedication, be recognized.

Edited by S0NGA
  • Haha 7
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Flat out no.

You spent those Forma on that gun. Everything and anything in the game can change at any moment and you do everything in the game, including spending actual money, with that foreknowledge. That you say you understood why they did it and acknowledge the only reason you put Forma onto the weapon due to the exploit is making me wonder why you made this thread.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

People the exploit did not regard kitguns... it was khora ability which used in a certain way could permit to max weapons experience in few seconds.

Er... I don't think you're understanding what the "exploit" fix was about, there. Did they ninja nerf something on kitguns, or did you equip an extinguished dragon key and forget?

• Upvote 1

Yeah no, this had nothing to do with Kitguns specifically.

This was about a massive affinity exploit. The bans issued out from this are fully deserved.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

when did forma became as prized as primed chamber? you're literally crying about something you can farm in 10min and build in a day, or bought with 35 for 3 forma....you lost nothing, the game is meant for you to use them, the game is also always changing so why should you be compensated for whatever it is you're saying when bigger and more real changes happened without 'compensations'?

forma is a joke, go get more of it 

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, S0NGA said:

it was precisely for this reason

that I invested heavily in the improvement of these kitguns and I spent many FORMAs with each of them...

bug exploiting aside, this is where you went wrong: it clearly states in the EULA that DE can and sometimes will change anything they want in the game without giving users notice. nothing is set in stone and this includes weapons. investing in something you know isn't supposed to be there and will get removed eventually is incredibly unwise, and you're the only one to blame here. DE has no incentive to give you back those Formas since you invested them as intended, you just did so poorly. 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And it was not fair for the developers to take advantage of an exploit, and it was too naive to believe anyone would find out.

I'm sorry, that's the price to be paid for following youtubers.

Edited by Peter
  • Haha 1

oh! my goodness...  noooooooo!!!
Im not talking about the exploit and its misuse...  NO! IAM NOT!!!
I just used the punishment argument for the users, who made misuse of it, to argue my point of view, if in the future there is a possible nerf of the kitkungs ...
I do not want to and neither was the reason for this post. NOT to discuss the attitude taken by DE.
And I did not use this artifice for some sort of advantage, including, I just noticed that this was happening, after I read the DE resolution in the Fortuna Hotfix 24.1.4

I used the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to put all the FORMAs in my 4 kitguns.
It was a hard job and cost me 5 FORMAs in each one.

Please! Do not take into consideration the initial text about the update. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

when did forma became as prized as primed chamber? you're literally crying about something you can farm in 10min and build in a day, or bought with 35 for 3 forma....you lost nothing, the game is meant for you to use them, the game is also always changing so why should you be compensated for whatever it is you're saying when bigger and more real changes happened without 'compensations'?

forma is a joke, go get more of it 

Everyone has their own opinion about things...

Please! respect mine and do not treat me, as if my opinion was of no importance, or was less important than yours, respect it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder how many Formas over the years I would get. Just this year I've burned more than 500 of them so far. I understand the frustration as it was one I used to share as well. However as I've grown with the game over the years I've began to understand my role and responsibility in the choices I make. As a general rule of thumb do not invest into items that you know are not supposed to work like that unless you are absolutely certain you will enjoy the experience after they will be adjusted as well, or if you have spare at the current state then you might use them. But unless you have spare ones and are absolutely certain your investment will be worth it for months or years to come, do not spend your resources in investments that you do not think are worth it. This is actually quite a good rule in economics overall I've learnt. They truly mean it literally when they say to spend your limited resources wisely.

I would point out however that Kitguns are by no means weak even after the changes. They still are among the most powerful secondaries in the game, outclassing even most primaries. To my mind that is only wasted if you compare them now to their previous state which is kind of obvious but perhaps not entirely accurate comparison. Should such an event be true in such a case I don't think  the problem would be the investment but the thought that they are no longer as good as they were at launch. But then one might ask where does that idea go to, since they still are among the most powerful gear in the game regardless.

Edited by BETAOPTICS
  • Upvote 1

Truth be told, some of the kitguns feel like an exploit...

On topic, I don't think the nerfing of a weapon that we willingly forma-ed can be considered some form of punishment. Nerfs are supposed to (in theory at least) bring better balance to the gameplay so (again in theory) they should be welcomed by some players at least. The fact that we spent forma on items nerfed later means nothing, as this is part of the rules of this game. And I don't mean the "legal" type of rules like EULA and such, but the reasonable ones gamers should expect in games.

Also forma is not hard to come by after a player advances enough in the game. Sure, there can be a shortage of them for a period of time and some discretion of use is in order, but later it doesn't matter that much.

Edited by rastaban75

DE has strictly stuck to not giving compensation to any investment in equipment or game systems just because they've changed its stats. The only time I've seen them provide compensation is when they've outright removed items or altered an entire game system (See: Focus) so drastically that the original investment had to be refunded to allow its new value to be redistributed within that system.

Edited by Beartornado

13 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

I wonder how many Formas over the years I would get. Just this year I've burned more than 500 of them so far. I understand the frustration as it was one I used to share as well. However as I've grown with the game over the years I've began to understand my role and responsibility in the choices I make. As a general rule of thumb do not invest into items that you know are not supposed to work like that unless you are absolutely certain you will enjoy the experience after they will be adjusted as well, or if you have spare at the current state then you might use them. But unless you have spare ones and are absolutely certain your investment will be worth it for months or years to come, do not spend your resources in investments that you do not think are worth it. This is actually quite a good rule in economics overall I've learnt. They truly mean it literally when they say to spend your limited resources wisely.

I would point out however that Kitguns are by no means weak even after the changes. They still are among the most powerful secondaries in the game, outclassing even most primaries. To my mind that is only wasted if you compare them now to their previous state which is kind of obvious but perhaps not entirely accurate comparison. Should such an event be true in such a case I don't think  the problem would be the investment but the thought that they are no longer as good as they were at launch. But then one might ask where does that idea go to, since they still are among the most powerful gear in the game regardless.

I agree with your point of view, it's very coherent. 😉

I spent a lot of FORMAs on them, just because I saw a lot of potential in these kitguns and

I think if they will nerf in the future, this sacrifice, it would have been in vain!!  😞

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JohnKable said:

Did I miss a kit gun nerf? I did read the patch notes and my kitgusn seems just like before

yes, U did...

Had a small decrease in their critical, but there was little... And it was a fair reduction!

18 hours ago, _xci_ said:

So your point is you don't want kitguns to get nerf?

no! my point is: If they happen to be nerf, I would like to get back at least some of the forms, that I put into each one that was nerf.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, S0NGA said:

no! my point is: If they happen to be nerf, I would like to get back at least some of the forms, that I put into each one that was nerf.

Not going to happen.

Also what is with the sudden uptake in over entitlement lately?