Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How big does Warframe need to get before we start seeing some toys?

Hypernaut1

I'm jealous. I walk into GameStop and see all these obscure franchises with figures, bobble heads, playsets, etc..... But never anything for Warframe!

I want my Warframe impulse buy toys! Isn't this game popular enough by now? What's the hold up?

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 hours ago, Kyronz said:

There are warframe toys, but the quality is dead bottom.

not that the trinkets you can buy for other games are usually particularly great - shrug.

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Ha!  My brain went the wrong direction with "toys"

you are correct: color me unsurprised, Noa.

You make devil deals with Publishers and likely weaken your IP. How the hell do you think games like Bendy and the Ink Machine get tons of plushies and plastic crap. Or Hello Neighbor. They are published by Tinybuild who make deals with cheap toy makers.

Then you have mega publishers like MS they can fit the bill for toys as a advertisement with semi decent looking large action figures like Destiny. They are still pretty chintzy and you don't want to move them much, but look good on a shelf.

Edited by Firetempest

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This thread took a weird turn....

Hi, I'm Noa...

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

not that the trinkets you can buy for other games are usually particularly great - shrug.

you are correct: color me unsurprised, Noa.

What color is your surprise?

8 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

I think he might mean those Funko Pop Vinyl figurines

I'm talking all of it. From those Funko Pop figures to those tiny action figures, those surprise boxes, etc. There's so many cool little things for other games (that aren't $70) at these stores. I'm surprised there isn't a trace of Warframe

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

^ Or cartoon.

Warframe animated shorts could be a thing to start with.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Warframes Facebook posted something about a collab with Mashed, it looks like a cartoon.

This? 

WARFRAME (@PlayWarframe) Tweeted:
Warframe’s open-world expansion, Fortuna, launches December 10 on Xbox One and PS4! #TheGameAwards #LiftTogether

In celebration, here’s a sneak peek of our new collab with @mashed! https://t.co/K9ThGozhC2 https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1070872960997634048?s=17  

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1070872960997634048?s=20

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82